Grand Hotel Les Trois Rois Switzerland
Grand Hotel Les Trois Rois
Blumenrain 8, 4001 Basel
Member of the Leading Hotels of the World
Date of Creation
February, 16th 1844
Hotel General Manager
Ms. Tanja Wegmann
5-star Luxury, LHW, Swiss Deluxe Hotels
– Only 3-star Michelin Hotel-Restaurant in Switzerland
– Focus on FIT and leisure groups development
GRAND HOTEL LES TROIS ROIS
History & Story
The first official record of the ”Three Kings” or ”At the Three Kings” at Blumenrain 8 in Basel dates back to 1681. The hostelry is located close to the main water and overland trade and travel routes directly at Schifflände.Over the centuries, the owners of the hostelry add various buildings, for the most part former homes of noblemen. In 1841 and 1842, the wealthy master tailor Johann JakobSenn acquires the estate. Senn has the Des Trois Rois opens on February 16, 1844 and a number of different owners run this world famous hotel.
In 2004, entrepreneur Dr.h.c. Thomas Straumann acquires the historical hotel. He has it renovated back to the period around 1844 according to national heritage criteria. At the same time the hotel is also fitted with a luxury infrastructure to respond to the needs of the most exacting guest – as befits one of Switzerland’s leading hotels. On 20 March 2006, Les Trois Rois, the hotel with the richest tradition in Basel, opens its doors to the public once again.
Between 2004 and 2006 restored the buildings under the direction of Basel architect Christian Lang and according tonational heritage criteria with sections reconstructed based on to the original plans.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Culinary highlights :
• Cheval Blanc by Peter Knogl – 3 star Michelin restaurant
• Brasserie Les Trois Rois – Swiss-French restaurant
• Chez Donati – Italian restaurant
• Bar Les Trois Rois – Awarded several times as best Bar in Switzerland.
City centre, Old Town, banks of the Rhine river, 3-Country-Corner of Switzerland, Germany and France
15 minutes driving distance from the Euro-Airport Basel/Mulhouse/Freiburg
Key sites/activities in the area
Cultural capital of Switzerland: Basel has over 40 Museums e.g. FondationBeyeler, Switzerland’s most renowned museum.
1 hour driving distance to the Southern part of the Black Forest an 45 minutes driving distance from Colmar, historic Alsatian city.
1 hour driving distance to Europa Park, largest leisure theme park in Germany
• Number of suites: 1 Presidential Suite (250 m²), 5 Suites (70 m²), and 10 Junior Suites (45 m²)
• Number of double rooms: 22 Double rooms river view (32 m²), 21 Double rooms city view (32 m²)
• Number of junior rooms: 8 Deluxe junior rooms river view (22m²), 13 Deluxe junior rooms city view (22m²)
• Number of single rooms: 19 Single rooms city view (19 m²)
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 101 rooms
• Free Minibar and Wifi, Service and VAT incl., 24h access to the fitness, free us of public transport in Basel
Restaurants & Bars
• Cheval Blanc by Peter Knogl:3 stars in the Guide Michelin and 19 GaultMillau points – French haute cuisine enriched with Mediterranean and Asian influences.
• Brasserie Les Trois Rois : 15 GaultMillau points – Suisse and French brasserie specialties
• Chez Donati: oldest Italian restaurant in Basel – 5 minutes’ walk from the Hotel – 13 GaultMillau points
• Bar Les Trois Rois: Won the awards Swiss Bar of the Year 2015 and the Mixtology Bar Award as the best Hotel bar in Germany, Austria and Switzerland – From smoky Japanese Whisky to Fancy Cocktails, the awarded Barkeepers serve you all drinks
• Salon du Cigare: Offers Cigares of 135 provenances – Cosy view over the Rhine – Walk in Humidor
• 24 hours gym: it is equipped with the latest from Technogym: pulse training on the cardio training equipment, muscle building on the multi-power rack and dump-bell training.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• 8 Conferences & Meeting rooms from 20 m² to 260 m²
• They have a capacity of 16 to 160 places for seateddinner and 25 to 350 for cocktail receptions
• Our gem is our Chef’s table, perfect private dinner location for up to 40 guests
Extra Notable Features
• Cocktail mixing classes
• Rooftop Jacuzzi in the Les Trois Rois Suite
• Mobility card for free use of public transport in Basel
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Sonntagszeitung Hotel of the year 2016
• Our GM, Mr Reto Kocher, Bilanz – Hotelier of the Year 2016
• Reddot Design Award – Best Corporate Design
• Cheval Blanc by Peter Knogl won in 2015 the Prix Villegiature as best restaurant in a hotel in Europe, Peter KnoglGaultMIllau chef of the year 2015
• Hotelbar of the year in Switzerland 2015
• Barkeeper of the year in Switzerland 2015
• Cheval Blanc by Peter Knogl won the 3 Michelin star
Number of employees
Approx. 200 people