Grand Hyatt Berlin Germany
Grand Hyatt Berlin
Marlene-Dietrich-Platz 2, 10785 Berlin
Hyatt Hotels & Resorts
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Benno Geruschkat started his career at Hyatt in 1988 as a chef at the Hyatt Regency in Cologne. Afterwards, he graduated in business economics at the International School of Management in Dortmund, Germany. In 2001, Mr Geruschkat became General Manager at the Hyatt Regency Mainz. Via a correspondence degree course, he received his MBA.
5* superior luxury hotel
The Grand Hyatt Berlin is aiming to be the most-valued 5* superior luxury hotel in Berlin, focusing on art and design.
GRAND HYATT BERLIN
History & Story
Within only a few decades starting from 1838 Potsdamer Platz developed from a peaceful suburb to one of the most bustling squares in Europe. The square was razed to the ground during World War II and became the triangle of the occupying powers. The next decades it was considered no man’s land as during the German division the Berlin wall was built right across the square.
After the reunification it was decided that the Potsdamer Platz should be rebuild as true center of the city in the style of post-modern architecture by the leading architect Renzo Piano. At this historic location the Grand Hyatt Berlin was established by the architects José Rafael Moneo and Hannes Wettstein and opened its doors in 1998 as contemporary art & architecture hotel with an impressive interior design. To represent the progressive, buzzing city of Berlin over 300 pieces of modern art have been installed in the hotel making it one of the largest art exhibitions of Berlin.
Grand, View and Club Rooms – 2011-2012 – Designer Tony Chi.
Date added extensions
No extensions since the opening.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Artful atmosphere with spectacular interior design and over 300 pieces of contemporary art,
• 342 spacious rooms and suites, equipped with state-of-the-art amenities, impressive bathrooms and elegant work possibilities,
• Wellness oasis “Club Olympus Spa & Fitness” with breathtaking views,
• Exquisite, culinary highlights loved by guests and Berliners alike served in three restaurants,
• “Vox Bar” offering the largest whiskey selection of Germany with a variety of over 300 bottles.
The Grand Hyatt Berlin is conveniently located in the newly created city centre of Berlin at Potsdamer Platz, in Mitte.
Distances from Grand Hyatt Berlin:
• Tegel International Airport – 11 km (25 minutes by taxi)
• Schoenefeld International Airport – 20 km (45 minutes by taxi)
• Brandenburg Gate – 1.2 km
• ICC (International Congress Centre) – 5 km
• BCC (Berlin Congress Centre) – 2 km
Key sites/activities in the area
Whether you want to attend classic concerts, discover local museums and art, explore the city on a bicycle or simply enjoy the spirit of the German capital, Berlin and especially the area around the Potsdamer Platz offers just the right activity for you.
The Tiergarten Park, the Brandenburg Gate, the Holocaust Memorial and the Reichstag are in immediate proximity and directly opposite are the Philharmonic Hall and the Culture Forum. The largest shopping mall of Europe is within 5 minutes walking distance from the hotel and just opened in 2014.
• Live music every night at the VOX Bar including smokers’ lounge,
• Lobby area was designed to fit the Feng Shui concept.
The Grand Hyatt Berlin does not offer a specific space for children, but of course children of all ages are accepted and more than welcome.
342 rooms in total
• 312 Grand-, Grand View-, Club King/Twin (38m2)
• 9 Grand Deluxe (44-46 m2)
• 5 Club Deluxe (48m2)
• 4 Grand Suites (50m2)
• 5 Grand View Suites (69m2)
• 5 Grand Executive Suites (96m2)
• 1 Daimler President Suite (161m2)
• 1 Maybach President Suite (210m2)
Grand Club Lounge : The Grand Club is located on the 7th floor, offering an exclusive and personlized services to those guests staying in the Club Rooms, including complimnetary breakfast, evening cocktails and many more features.
Restaurants & Bars
• VOX Restaurant
VOX with a large, open show kitchen, seasonal & regional international cuisine as well as a sushi bar and a summer terrace with view to the Marlene-Dietrich-Platz.
In Tizian, we serve a range of local and international classics – the menu ranges from Hamburger to Entrecôte to arabic dishes to Viennese Schnitzel.
• Mesa Restaurant
The restaurant offers a relaxed atmosphere and tasty, creative German dishes that you can share with friends and family. As a Riesling Lounge of the German Wine Institute, mesa offers wine from the finest German wine growers.
• VOX Bar
The largest Whiskey selection of Germany, live music every evening, signature cocktails and a cigar lounge, make the VOX Bar to one of the buzzing bars of Berlin.
Overlooking the rooftops of Berlin, Club Olympus Spa is an oasis of relaxation and rejuvenation. Escape the the pressures of everyday life with a soothing menu of treatments and services inspired by the healing traditions of the Far East.
Club Olympus is not just a gym, it is a state-of-the-art sanctuary of wellness where a holistic approach to health extends well beyond exercise.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Nine stylish, luxurious meeting rooms equipped with the latest technology and highly professional staff compliment your ideas with creative and individual solutions at the Grand Hyatt Berlin.
• All conference rooms are equipped with an espresso machine and minibar
• Unique combination of warm design and high-quality materials
• Large, organic tables from the Korean Artist Jae Hyo Lee in the foyer
• Professional service as well as best quality of exquisite catering
Extra Notable Features
• Outside Caterings in Berlin’s most exciting locations,
• Wine tastings at our Mesa restaurant,
• Cocktail mixing classes in small groups,
• Private yoga lessons in one’s own suite,
• Cooking classes in one of our wonderful show kitchens,
• Sign up for the Hyatt Gourmet Club and enjoy exquisite cuisine and special offers at a discounted price.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Hyatt Germany: Germany’s Best Employers 2014,
• Hyatt Hotel Chain: Handelsblatt Best Luxury Hotel Chain 2014,
• Der Feinschmecker Magazine 2015 – Vox restaurant announced one of the best restaurants in Germany.
• TripAdvisor®-Certificate of Excellence 2013.
Number of employees