Grand Powers, Paris France
52 rue François 1er, 75008 Paris,
Les Grands Hôtels Parisiens
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Matthieu Teyssier D’Orfeuil – He worked at the Plaza Athénée in Paris and at Whatley Manor, a prestigious “Relais & Château” in England. In 2012, he joined the Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme, Parisian Palace, where he served as a Restaurant manager. He has been shortly promoted Director of Food & Beverage in 2014. HE joined the Grand Powers in September 2018.
5-star Luxury boutique hotel – Affiliate with SLH
As the latest 5 star deluxe boutique hotel renovated in the heart of the Golden Triangle, we truly aim to become the symbol of boutique hotel luxury in our neighborhood for luxury travelers.
History & Story
When the hotel opened in 1920, travelling was reserved for the elite. Hotel Powers quickly became the favorite address for Englishspeaking clients, who stopped over in Paris before reaching the Riviera.
In keeping with the open-mindedness and joy of living of the 1920s, the Grand Powers still displays the unwavering love for the sobriety of Art Deco and the modernism of the 1940s and 50s inherited from this time. It pays homage to a time that dared to erase boundaries between the arts, where beauty and harmony merge and exceed all divides. At number 52 Rue François 1er, Hotel Grand Powers occupies a sumptuous corner building, emblematic of the splendor of the Haussmann style.
2018 – Fully renovated and orchestrated by the owner of the property, Alexandra Marang, with the creative association of the architects Arnaud Behzadi and Cathy Crinon.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Fully renovated – Incredible location in the heart of the Golden Triangle – A spa with a Jaccuzi, Hammam and Sauna – Very large and spacious rooms for a boutique hotel in Paris –High ceiling
- Located on 52 Rue François 1er
- One block from George V, The Champs Elysées and Avenue Montaigne
- Few minutes’ walk from Place de La Concorde
Key sites/activities in the area
- Shopping with luxury shops on Avenue Montaigne
- Museum: The Grand Palais, Louvre Museum, Orsay Museum, Yves St Laurent Museum, …
- Historic places and monuments : Place de la Concorde, The Eiffel Tower, Jardin des Tuileries, ….
- The song « C’est si Bon » by Armstrong has been written by Henri Betti at the Grand Powers
- Kid’s room with a large display of toys
- VIP Welcome Amenities for kids (tailor made in regards with the age): embroidered bib, colouring notebooks, placemats, candies, for the older ones: marshmallow lollipops by Christophe Michalak & a luggage bad bearing the effigy of our mascot Pow
- Many connecting rooms
- 18 Superior rooms. From 20 to 24m2 -Cozy and elegant, it is the ideal choice for a short stay for 2 people. Combining comfort and sophisticated design, you will find the taste of the Parisian chic.
- 8 Deluxe Rooms. From 26 to 30m2. Comfortable and refined, the deluxe rooms can accommodate up to 3 guests, and some are connecting: the perfect combination for a family holiday. With a comfortable size and offering for some the Haussmannian charm of a marble fireplace surmounted by a wall-mounted television, the Deluxe Rooms offer all the equipment necessary for a successful stay.
- 11 Deluxe Executive Rooms. From 26 to 30m2. Executive Deluxe rooms, spacious, are ideal for long stays. They have a balcony or a view and a fireplace with a mirror TV, and can accommodate up to 3 people. The Haussmannian charm combined with modern facilities, are the guarantee of an exceptional stay. Some offer a balcony or an Eiffel Tower View
- 6 Junior Suites. From 33 to 48m2. Junior Suites have a lounge to relax in and a spacious office area. All with incredible ceiling heights and antique moldings, the vast majority have a vintage fireplace topped with a mirror TV.
- 6 Junior Prestige Suites. From 33 to 48m2. Endowed with exceptional services, these suites open on a breathtaking view of Paris and the Eiffel Tower from their balcony.
- L’Elegante Suite. 60m2- The Elegant is the ultimate representation of Parisian chic. Nestled on the top floor of the hotel, it combines tranquility with its separate living room and exceptional brightness with its double windows to the breathtaking view of the Eiffel Tower.
Restaurants & Bars
- Café 52 Restaurant: daily open from 07:00am to 9:30pm. New address, Café 52 offers healthy and seasonal suggestions and some must-haves, perfectly orchestrated by Chef Maxime Raab, who previously performed at Fouquet’s. His cooking is guided by the love of the product and the right flavor.
- Café 52 Bar: from 06:00pm to midnight. The bar, intimate setting with warm and floral tones, invites its guests and Parisians to discover cocktails and finger food, with a bold signature.
Corporate & Celebration Events
- Café 52 can be privatized up to 40 people
- Our Suite L’elegante Suite can be privatized up to 20 people
- Some of our Junior Suites with the view of the Eiffel Tower – can be set up as showroom
Number of employees