Grotta Giusti Italy
Via Grotta Giusti 1411 – 51019 Monsummano Terme, Pistoia – Tuscany
Italian Hospitality Collection
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Filippo Felloni – Carrying a long experience in the hospitality industry, he has worked as General Manager around the world in prestigious resorts and brands such as Marriot and Club Mediterranée.
4 star boutique
Inspired by our culture of generosity, and crafted by an unrivalled sense of uniqueness, Grotta Giusti embodies the true spirit of comfort and elegance. The property has been designed with care and devotion, delivering an experience of individuality that captures the splendour of the local environment. We have created a retreat for our guests that exude personality and that aim at capturing even the most discerning traveller’s imagination
History & Story
The history of Grotta Giusti begins in 1849 on a hill overlooking the town of Monsummano. Some laborers were working in a lime quarry owned by the Giusti family and after removing a large boulder they discovered the cavity. Exploring it they found a magnificent spectacle of nature with stalactites and stalagmites, corridors and underground rooms, a lake of warm water that pervaded the entire environment of its vapors. The news of the discovery spread rapidly and aroused the interest of eminent doctors who studied the phenomenon and found significant scientific confirmation of the clinical efficacy of the steams.
In a short time the fame of the “steam baths” and of their surprising results spread all over Europe and outside when Maestro Giuseppe Verdi named it “the eighth wonder of the world”.
March 2017 – Renovation of all rooms, hotel’s restaurant, bar and common spaces.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
A nineteenth-century Tuscan villa, restored to its original splendour with meticoulous care and attention to detail, surrounded by a private secular park. Unique natural thermal grotto, the biggest in Europe, where guests can relax in a detoxifying steam bath at 34°C. Unique experiences taking place in the grotto : spa diving in the underground hot spring, spa floating in the underground thermal lake, Tibetan singing bowls treatments, thermal yoga sessions
In the middle of Tuscany, just 40 mins from Pisa and Florence airports, within one hour from the most important cities of arts like Florence, Pisa, Lucca, Siena, or the charming medieval vilages. The perfect location between Pisa (58 km), Florence (46 Km), Lucca (34 Km), Pistoia (15 km). Only 15 Km from the house of Leaonrdo da Vinci and 22 Km from Collodi. Easily reachable from Pisa and Florence international Airports and 3 Km from the railway station. Great location fro golfers with 9 best golf paths in one hour.
Key sites/activities in the area
– Shopping and sightseeing in the cities of Florence, Pisa, Lucca and Pistoia, Vinci the native town of great genius Leonardo with its museum, family visit to Collodi at the Pinocchio park, outlet shopping
– Hiking, off road cycling or punt visiting of the Padule di Fucecchio (the biggest wetland in Italy with bird watching and bird listening activities). On road cycling with an ex pro in the 2013 UCI Road World Championships paths.
– Golfing in 9 great Golf Clubs reachable in 1 hour.
– Number of suites: 3 junior suites garden view (special wardrobe room) 44 sqm maximum 3 persons + 3 junior suites mountain view (extra disabled toilet on request) 40 sqm maximum 4 persons
– Number of Luxury rooms: 18 Deluxe rooms park view 22 sqm + 12 Elegance rooms park view 18 sqm +
16 Superior Rooms 22 sqm + 12 Comfort Rooms (18 sqm)
– Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 64 rooms in total, 13 connectable rooms
Restaurants & Bars
– La Veranda Restaurant – Chef Guido Lotti – Tuscan and international tasty gourmet. Light recipes
– La Pergola Terrace by La Veranda Restaurant – Chef Guido Lotti – summer outdoor area by the swimming pool
– Il Poeta Bar – Bar Manager Francesco Iglio, World Champion at John White Course in 2008 in the Cocktail category – traditional and personalized cocktails, along with special wine and chocolate tastings during the evenings and exciting cocktail making classes.
– L’Oasi summer restaurant – open from June to the end of September – located by the fresh water pool – outdoor restaurant with a menu and a grill selection
– Biggest Thermal Grotto in Europe – natural steam bath
– 1 Thermal pool 750 sqm water temperature 34°C, fresh thermal water fall and hydromassages
– 1 Bioaquam Circuit – different seats for hydromassages 34°C
– Aesthetic treatments area, oriental disciplines area, massages area (16 rooms), mud bath rooms (12 rooms), inhalation area, fitness room, medical spa tailor made programmes, medical consultations
Corporate & Celebration Events
4 meeting rooms : Salone delle Antiche Terme 130sqm 60 persons, Domenico Giusti Meeting Room 75sqm 75 persons, Sala Giusti Meeting Room 100 smq 80 persons, Napoleone Melani meeting room 22sqm 20 persons
Extra Notable Features
– Founder member of the Montecatini Golf Club (18 holes) with 60% discount on the green fee
– Spa Diving and Spa floating in the Natural Thermal Grotto
– Tibetan singing bowls concert / Hot Thermal Yoga Classes inside the Grotto or outdoor
Hotel and restaurant Awards
– World Spa Awards – World’s Best Thermal Grotto Spa 2018 and 2019
– World Spa Awards – World’s Best Thermal Grotto Spa 201
Number of employees