Hotel Atlantic Kempinski Hamburg Germany
Hotel Atlantic Kempinski Hamburg
An der Alster 72 – 79
Broermann Health & Heritage Hotels
Date of Creation
The Hotel Atlantic was built in 1909.
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Franco Esposito, well experienced hospitality executives with more than 30 years experience in the hospitality field. He has worked various years with Marriott, Oberoi, Kempinski and privately owned hotels.
5 Star Superior classification (Luxury Grand Hotel)
The Atlantic is the ideal location for high-end luxury travellers and exclusive groups.
History & Story
The Atlantic was originally built in 1909 as a luxury hotel for the fist-class passengers of the Hamburg – America cruise line. The starting point of the route was Hamburg, being Germany’s biggest harbour and than over the Atlantic to New York city, meaning the guests were sleeping in the Hotel Atlantic before they were shipping over the Atlantic.
All rooms and suites have been renovated in 2012
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Historical iconic building facing the most famous Alster lake (Alster lake view Rooms & Suites). We have various touchpoints in the Hotel emphasizing the maritime character of the city. The monument is a heritage protected site and one of the famous landmarks in Hamburg well known for its extraordinary ballrooms, its unique lobster-bisque since 1909 or the various visits from different heads of state in the last decades.
The Hotel Atlantic Kempinski Hamburg is located in the heart of Hamburg in the iconic district St. Georg directly at lake Alster and its surrounded park. The district St. Georg is famous for its variety of different cuisines and bars.
Although the property is situated in the city centre, only 5 walking minutes away from the central train station, it offers the needed relaxation and tranquility after a blissful day. Also the main shopping area Jungfernstieg is a short walking distance away. Through the good developed subway and bus system, which can be entered in the central train station as well, main tourist spots, such as the concert hall Elbphilharmonie or the harbour are reachable in the most convenient way. Additionally Hotel chauffeur services are available upon request.
Key sites/activities in the area
As the Hotel Atlantic Kempinski Hamburg is directly located in front of the lake Alster, there are many possible activities on and around the lake. On the lake our most valuable guest have the opportunity to rent different types of boats such as for sailing or canoeing. The lake itself is surrounded by a park area which can be used for taking the bicycle, running or a quiet walk with the family. Next to the several docks for boat rental, there also docks offering different food & beverage services. In the hotel there is a bicycle rental available for discovering the city.
The main luxurious shopping area « Neuer Wall » is only walking minutes away.
In 1997 parts of the James Bond movie « Tomorrow never dies « were filmed in the hotel, where Pierce Brosnan was climbing via the Presidential Suite on the rooftop.
The Hotel Atlantic Kempinski Hamburg is the home of the famous german Rockstar « Udo Lindenberg » who already lives in there since over 20 years.
The unique and famous lobster bisque is a creation of the first Restaurant director Franz Pfordte and is still served after his original receipt which is secretly forwarded from one head chef to the other.
• Number of suites: 33 x
Junior Suite to the inner courtyard): 9 x, 42 m²
Junior Suite with lake view: 4 x, 54 m²
Superior Suite with lake view: 15 x, 73 m²
Deluxe Suite with lake view: 4 x, 85 m²
Presidential Suite: 1 x, 130 m²
• Number of Luxury rooms: 188 x
Superior room to the inner courtyard: 93 x, 25 m²
Superior room with lake view: 8 x, 32 m²
Deluxe room to the inner courtyard: 72 x, 36 m²
Deluxe room with lake view: 15 x, 40 m²
The rooms and suites combine hanseatic charme with timeless elegance through unique maritime decoration and furniture.
All rooms and suites provide tea and coffee making facilities and include the free use of the Nespresso coffee machine. Additionally the rooms and suites are technically well equipped by a Iphone docking station, Flat- screen TV with a variety of national and international channels, or included WiFi.
Except the Superior room to the inner courtyard, all rooms and suites offer a separate shower and bathtub.
The Hotel is a non-smoking property and does not provide any smoking rooms or suites.
Restaurants & Bars
•The Atlantic Restaurant indulges its guests with an extraordinary combination of mediterranean, maritime and classical delights. Besides preparing Crêpe Suzette or beef tartar live at the table, kitchen chef Peer Sturm and his dedicated team suprise with modern interpretations.
• Restaurant Grill & Health : opens in December 2018, more details are following.
• The Art-déco Atlantic Bar is a well known place for Hamburg’s society and provides the perfect setting to round of the day in style with the famous High tea, a freshly drawn beer or a glas of champagne. The menu offers a variety of different delights so that every guest may find something fitting to his individual preferences. With live piano music in the evening, the bar is the ideal place for a meeting with families and friends or to relax quietly after a blissful day.
• Our most valued guests can enjoy the ultimate relaxation in the Energy clinic Spa, which provides an indoor pool, a sauna and a variety of massage and facial treatments.
• The hotel provides a fitness area which can be used free of charge as well.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• 11 historical and individual ballrooms provide the perfect atmosphere for any occasion, for meetings from 2 up to 210 persons, for small and large celebrations or for glamourous balls up to 500 persons. The experienced and professional event team assists our guest with any details of the planing to create a memorable and unique event.
All our convention rooms are situated on the ground floor with access to the inner courtyard and can be combined prefarably.
Extra Notable Features
• The “Private Max”, an exclusive private cinema within the hotel can be rent for up to 12 persons and offers a variety of around 1000 movies.
• The Concierge team has the knowledge and connection within the city to organize any sort of activity, from a private golf class to sold out tickets to the famous concert hall Elbphilharmonie.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Location Award 2016
Number of employees