Hotel de Pavie France
Hotel de Pavie
5 Place du Clocher, 33330 Saint-Emilion
Relais & Châteaux
Privately owned by Perse Family
Date of Creation
Ancient convent from 16th Century
Hotel General Manager
Chantal Perse and her daughter Angélique Da Costa make Hôtel de Pavie an exceptional place dedicated to the art of living in all its dimensions.
5-star Relais & Châteaux in the heart of Saint-Emilion
At Hôtel de Pavie, discover Saint-Emilion landscape, whose exceptional vineyards were the first to be inscribed on UNESCO’s list of world heritage sites.
HOTEL DE PAVIE
History & Story
Hotel de Pavie, as an ancient convent, welcomed travellers and pilgrims and offered them shelter and nourishment. After the French Revolution, the convent was successively transformed into a post house, an inn and finally a hotel. Baptized Hostellerie de Plaisance in 1927, it became an open-air café where villagers used to come to dance. Then in the 1960’s the dancing ended and a succession of owners arrived. Its reputation has been enhanced in 2000 as the Perse Family has made Hostellerie de Plaisance a renowned and respected hotel-restaurant in Saint-Emilion.
Fully refurbished and redesigned by Alberto Pinto architect in 2007. Every year 2 rooms are all renovated.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Heightened sense of hospitality
• Qualified and passionate team
• Decor designed by authentic Alberto Pinto architect
• Unique spot at the heart of Saint-Emilion
• Food experience signed by Chef Yannich Alleno with 2 Michelin starred at our restaurant La Table de Pavie
Located on bordeaux right bank, on Saint-Emilion summit, Hotel de Pavie offers an incomparable view on the medieval city roofs and vineyards landscape.
3 hours TGV train from Paris to Libourne station (10km) and at 50km from Bordeaux airport.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Bespoke tours to famous Saint-Emilion wineries, as Château Pavie 1st wine growth A, Perse Family’s property.
• Largest monolithic underground church of Europe
• Saint-Emilion UNESCO site
• 18 holes golf at 20 minutes
• Dordogne area
2 fiberglass cows in the junior suite Pétrus garden which were part of an open-air exposition in Paris.
In the bar, private collection of Bernard Buffet artwork
Suite with sofa bed
Babysitting on request
Children bathrobes and slippers
Tourist office has designed a scavenger hunt through Saint-Emilion for children
Every room, contemporary in design and touched by classic Bordeaux elegance, displays a sensibility which is reflected in the choice of fabrics and materials.
• Main House
• 2 superior rooms (31m² to 33m²)
• 3 deluxe rooms (31m² to 49m²), 2 have a balcony
• 3 deluxe rooms with view on the village (31m² to 39m²), 2 have a balcony
• 1 junior suite with terrace and garden (46m²)
• Village House
• 1 superior rooms (34m²) with shower only, no bathtub
• 4 deluxe rooms (34m²)
• 1 attic junior suite with apparent beams (61 m²)
• 2 suites (58m²)
• Vineyard House
• 3 deluxe rooms (34m²)
• 1 suite with balcony (65m²)
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all : 21
Room equipment: Free WIFI, safety box, minibar, Nespresso machine, tea, hairdryer, large flat TV screen, air conditioning, smartphone clock and radio.
Restaurants & Bars
The gourmet restaurant, La Table de Pavie, 2 Michelin stars is run by Chef Yannick Alleno, who works as closely as possible with local and seasonal products. (Closed on Sundays and Mondays).
Bistro Envers du Décor, located in front of the hotel (open 7 days a week)
Fitness room with an interior bicycle and 4 bodybuilding machines
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Seminar room. Capacity of 10 people. WIFI, video projector
Extra Notable Features
Hotel and restaurant Awards
2 Michelin stars at La Table de Pavie
2 Michelin stars at La Table de Pavie
Number of employees