Hotel de Rome Germany
Hotel de Rome
Behrenstrasse 37, 10117 Berlin,
Rocco Forte Hotels
Sir Rocco Forte
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Peter Kienast started his hospitality career in 1991 in the US.
He provides International experience in highly quality and guest sevice oriented 5* star hotels with strong traditional reputation and image. Due to natural talent very strong host and team leader with eye for detail, which has helped him shape as a General Manager over 14 years and since 5 years at Rocco Forte Hotels.
Sir Rocco Forte aims to become the most luxurious and strongest hotel brand in the hospitality business.
Hotel de Rome
History & Story
Rocco Forte Hotels was established in 1996 by hotelier Sir Rocco Forte and sister, Olga Polizzi to create a group of luxury hotels in exceptional locations around the world. The group comprises ten multi-award winning properties. Hotel de Rome opened in October 2006. Our building was the former headquarters of the Dresdner bank built in 1898. Today, the bank´s executive offices have become suites. The jewel vault is our 20-metre indoor swimming pool. The former banking hall is now our grand ballroom.
Within 10 years there has been several renovation actitivities such as our Restaurant (2014), Top Suite has been redesigned (2015).
Main Strengths, Special Touch
In the heart of historic Berlin. Unique property in a former bank building from 1889. Small, intimate scale with only 145 rooms and suites offering a maximum of privacy and exclusivity. Historic ballroom with 8m ceiling height for high end dinners. Roof top terrace with stunning views in the city.
Perfectly situated on Bebelplatz, one of the city‘s most impressive squares in the center of historic Berlin, walking distance to all the major sights, museums, shopping and restaurants.
Key sites/activities in the area
We are just moments away from the boutiques of Friedrichstrasse. Nearby historical landmarks include Museum Island, The Reichstag, Brandenburger Gate and checkpoint charlie. A host of restauarnts, bars and nightclubs can also be found on our doorstep and in the adjacent quirky neighbourhood of Friedrichshain.
Rocco Forte puts a clear focus on Family R Forte, upon arrival children receive a check-in and a Rocco Forte passport, besides in every hotel there is a signature stufftoy which you can collect.
Berlin offers 33 5* Hotels and we are the smallest with a total of 145 rooms.
We welcome children of all ages.
Younger ones will enjoy a warm welcome, special menus, splash time in our pool and our Families R Forte passport. When it´s time to say goodnight, they can cuddle up to Eugen the Berlin bear and tuck into homemade cookies and milk.
Older ones can ask for films and games consoles or test our teenager treatments at the Spa De Rome. Our Concierge can create a bespoke teen itinerary with activities such as a graffiti workshop and DJ lessons.
• Number of suites: in total 37 suites, 24 junior, 4 classic, 1 terrace, 3 executive, 4 historic, 1 bebel (topsuite)
• Number of Luxury rooms: 63 classic, 32 deluxe, 13 superior deluxe
• Number of rooms (keys) in all: in total 145 rooms
Restaurants & Bars
• La Banca Restaurant and Bar serves authetic Italian food in contemporary surrounding, with revolving local artwork on the walls. Enjoy antipasti Italian style and the best pastas in all of Berlin from our Head Chef Jörg Behrend.
• The Opera Court
Once the lobby area of the Dresdner Bank, today, the Opera Court serves English afternoon Tea in the winter months beneath the marble columns and gilt-edged skylights. We defy you to find a scone as light or a cup of tea as fragrant as ours.
•The Rooftop Terrace
Overlooking Bebelplatz, you can take in impressive views across the rooftops of Berlin´s historic city centre whilst sipping on spectacular cocktails. Taste our signature Violet royal – a champagne cocktail inspired by the lavender that grows around the terrace.
• Once a jewel vault, the Spa de Rome has a 20-metre indoor pool with a steam room and sauna
• We also have comprehensive range of treatments using the very best products from our own beauty product line Forte Organics and state-of-the art techniques.
• For the more energetic, there´s a fully equipped gym, with Technogym cardiovascular, weight and resistance equipment
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Our grand ballroom was once the banking hall. It has 10-metre hugh ceilings, is around 2971 sq ft., a glass roof and we´ve kept the original mosaic floor. It also has its own private entrance.
• We have five fully-equipped meeting rooms, all with natural daylight. And for something a little, enjoy open-air receptions on our Rooftop Terrace during the warmer months.
• Whether strictly for business or a celebratory affair, our specialist team will ensure that every detail is just right for you and your guests
Extra Notable Features
• F&B events: We are serving English Afternoon Tea from autumn till spring in our Opera Court, During Christmas and in the summer months we open our rooftop terrace during sunny days, in the bar we are hosting jazz evenings.
• There are Cocktail classes in our salons once in a while called the mixology. We also have wine and champagne event tastings.
• We also have Spa days, where we launch our services and what products we use
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
Conde Nast Traveler # 1 hotel in North Europe
Hornstein Ranking 2015 – One of the best Hotels in Germany
Recommendation of VARTA Guide 2014
Gusto Deutschland 2014 – recommended restaurant Parioli as one of the best restaurants in Germany
VARTA Guide 2013 – “Best Hotel Ambiente”
One of the best 70 establishments in Europe by European Finest Hotels, 2013
TripAdvisor – Certification for Excellence 2013
Der Feinschmecker 2013 – Restaurant Parioli one of the best Italian restaurant in Berlin
Number of employees