Hotel Eden Roc
Hotel Eden Roc
Via Albarelle 16, 6612 Ascona
Tschuggen Hotel Group AG
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Simon Spiller
5 Star Luxury Hotel
Affiliations: Leading Hotels of the World, Swiss Deluxe Hotel
HOTEL EDEN ROC
History & Story
Welcome to Switzerland’s most beautiful garden
The Hotel Eden Roc enjoys the best possible location on the shores of Lake Maggiore in the sun lounge of Switzerland. You will experience unadulterated relaxation for body and soul in our Garden of Eden and the Eden Roc Spa. Our establishment will also provide you with warm hospitality and an unforgettable experience of la dolce vita. In addition, the hotel’s own water sports school offers exciting action on the water.
Design & Style
The Hotel Eden Roc offers a wide range of individual modern or elegant classical rooms created by interior designer Carlo Rampazzi. The atmosphere is one of light-hearted serenity that invites you to enjoy a classy lifestyle and some savoir-vivre.
MOST PREFERRED AND MOST EXCLUSIVE HOLIDAY DESTINATION
The sparkling Lake Maggiore at your feet, the beautiful Ticino mountains at eye level – the fischermen village Ascona offers its visitors a fascinating backdrop. Numerous leisure activities await you throughout the region and nearby Piemonte.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
A private bathing area, a spacious panoramic landing stage with private yachting marina, 95 luxurious guest rooms and suites with bright and colourful interior designs, four exceptional restaurants (“La Brezza” 1 Michelin Star & 17 GaultMillau Points) as well as a 2,000 m2 Spa and hotel`s own water-sports school.
Absolute peace and quiet directly on the shores of Lake Maggiore in Ascona.
Ascona is Switzerland’s lowest lying town. It is located at 196 meters above sea level in the southern part of Switzerland. Ascona is famous for its mild climate, its Old Town and a lake promenade which is dotted with street cafés and boasts a Latin ambience.
Key sites/activities in the area
The hotel’s location and the affiliated water-sports school offer the perfect setting to take up waterskiing, sailing or wakeboarding. Back on dry land, the splendid Ticino valleys beckon for bike tours and extended hikes. Golfers will find 18 courses with various levels of difficulty in the local area and over the border in Italy. Two of these are just a stone’s throw away.
The Hotel Eden Roc belongs to the Tschuggen Hotel Group which is completely climate-neutral from 2019 onwards.
The Kids’ Club provides plenty of activities for children and teenagers. The varied summer leisure programme offers activities for every age group: the Kids’ Cook Academy, the Children’s Etiquette Course, banana boat rides and water skiing, dance classes and discos, chess courses and golf courses, scavenger hunts and sack races. Our youngest guests are affectionately taken care of by professionally trained babysitters so that their parents can relax and enjoy their holiday.
• Number of suites: 37 junior suites and suites (ranging from 63 to 80 sqm): East-facing with morning sun, west-facing with lake view, south-facing with direct lake view, north-facing with mountain view
• 3 grand suites (110 sqm): with direct lake view, two bedrooms, spacious living room, two bathrooms, and big balcony
• Number of Luxury rooms: 58 deluxe double rooms (ranging from 25 to 40 sqm): East-facing with morning sun, west-facing with lake view, south-facing with direct lake view, north-facing with mountain view
• 16 rooms in the Eden Roc Marina
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 95 guest rooms
• All the guest rooms offer balcony or spacious terrace. Free WiFi is provided throughout the hotel premises.
Restaurants & Bars
• La Brezza
The Restaurant La Brezza with its Michelin star and 17 GaultMillau Points offers sophisticated gourmet cuisine. GaultMillau crowned our 28-year-old chef Marco Campanella Discovery of the Year 2019 in Ticino, and the Michelin Guide rewarded his work with his first star.
• Eden Roc
At the restaurant Eden Roc, awarded with 15 GaultMillau points, you will enjoy new interpreted delicacies from Cyrille Kamerzin’s refined contemporary cuisine. The restaurant invites you as well to spend pleasurable hours on the beautiful sun terrace with splendid view over the Lake Maggiore.
• La Casetta
A paradise located at the lake. The small and idyllic lake house on the lakeshores of Lake Maggiore enchants with its southern charm. At the restaurant La Casetta awaits you in addition to homemade pasta dishes a wide range of grill specialities. Especially to be emphasised is the fish vitrine with diverse freshly caught fishes. Another highlight is the Mediterranean Antipasti buffet – the perfect place to embrace the Dolce Vita.
Arabic meze, delicious dim sum or home-made pasta – the new cuisine offered by the Eden Roc Marina is sure to be to everyone’s taste. Relaxed, light and stylish, with a real beach club feel!
• Marina Lounge
There is probably no place in Ascona better suited to enjoying the Italian way of life than the Marina Lounge. You can enjoy refreshing cocktails and delicious snacks directly by the glimmering water of Lake Maggiore under the bright blue Ticino sky.
• Eden Bar
There is always a reason to visit our Eden Bar. Whether for a mid-morning cappuccino, an afternoon drink or an evening cocktail – you can enjoy the breathtaking view of Lake Maggiore at any time of day.
As well as two indoor and outdoor pools, the Eden Roc Spa offers you a hydrotherapy pool with a range of whirlpool recliners to help relax body and mind. The Kneipp path is designed to stimulate your circulation and is laid out with stones from the nearby Maggia river – a reminder of the unique nature of our region. The water world was designed based on the colours of Lake Maggiore, with its shimmering blue to grey tones. We have seven treatment rooms where you can be pampered with an extensive choice of massages, soothing baths and beauty applications.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Room Marina (90 square metres), Block 16 People, U-arrangement 24 People, Conference 25 People, Stand-up reception 75 People
• Room Inverna (31 square metres), Block 14 People
• Room Ghiridone (34 square metres), Block 14 People
• Room Lounge at the lake (31 square metres), Block 10 People
Extra Notable Features
• Kindergarden, Business Centre, Twenty-four-seven room service
• Private Beach, Private Jetty with 8 wharfs for yachts / boats, Watersports School with Wakesurf, Wakeboard, Banana Boat, Water Ski, SUP boards, kayaks
• Sailing school, Luxury boats for rent
• free E-smart, bicycles, mountain bikes, e-city bikes, e-mountain bikes, Vespas, Gandria fishing boat
• Free transfer to / from main train station Locarno, Outdoor parking included
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• GaultMillau crowned our 28-year-old chef Marco Campanella “Discovery of the Year 2019” in Ticino and the Michelin Guide rewarded his work with his first star.
• The 2019 Hornstein Ranking lists the Restaurant “La Brezza” under Executive Chef Marco Campanella among Switzerland’s top 50 restaurants.
Number of employees
200 in winter season