Hotel Eden Roc
Hotel Eden Roc
Via Albarelle 16, 6612 Ascona
Tschuggen Hotel Group AG
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Andreas Gartmann
Former General Manager at the Astoria Betriebs AG, Luzern
10 years Resident Manager and Director at the Hotel Mont Cervin Palace & Petit Cervin, Zermatt
5-star superior Hotel
affiliations: The Leading Hotels of the World, Swiss Deluxe Hotels
Strengthen the already offered year-round service with significant improvements in the low season.
HOTEL EDEN ROC
History & Story
The Hotel Eden Roc was built in 1971 and acquired by the Kipp-Bechtolsheimer family in 1989. The purchase of a neighbouring hotel in 2000 doubled the capacity. The resort was expanded further in 2010 when the Kipp-Bechtolsheimer family took over another neighbouring hotel with 16 rooms and restaurant. This merger has resulted in an extensive resort with private beach, spacious panoramic landing stage, 95 luxury rooms and suites, four restaurants and 2000 m2 spa.
During the winter of 2014/2015, 30 rooms in the hotel were completely redesigned and this was followed by the renovation of further rooms in the winter of 2015/2016 and 2016/17. All renovations have been made by Swiss interior designer Carlo Rampazzi.
Date added extensions
2010: Eden Roc Marina with a further 16 rooms and a restaurant
Main Strengths, Special Touch
A private bathing area, a spacious panoramic landing stage with private yachting marina, 95 luxurious guest rooms and suites with bright and colourful interior designs, four exceptional restaurants garnering a total of 46 GaultMillau points as well as a 2,000 m2 Spa and hotel’s own water-sports school.
Absolute peace and quiet directly on the shores of Lake Maggiore in Ascona.
Ascona is Switzerland’s lowest lying town. It is located at 196 meters above sea level in the southern part of Switzerland. Ascona is famous for its mild climate, its Old Town and a lake promenade which is dotted with street cafés and boasts a Latin ambience.
Key sites/activities in the area
The hotel’s location and the affiliated water-sports school offer the perfect setting to take up waterskiing, sailing or wakeboarding. Back on dry land, the splendid Ticino valleys beckon for bike tours and extended hikes. Golfers will find 18 courses with various levels of difficulty in the local area and over the border in Italy. Two of these are just a stone’s throw away.
Gold on your plate: a perfect steak and a cold beer with chill-out music, grilled vegetables and a glass of red wine, or fresh fish accompanied by rhythmic salsa music? The Eden Roc Beach is the perfect place for private beach barbecues.
The Kids’ Club provides plenty of activities for children and teenagers. The varied summer leisure programme offers activities for every age group. The youngest guests are affectionately taken care of by professionally trained babysitters so that their parents can relax and enjoy their holiday.
• Number of suites: 34 junior suites and suites (ranging from 63 to 80 sqm): East-facing with morning sun, west-facing with lake view, south-facing with direct lake view, north-facing with mountain view
• 3 grand suites (110 sqm): with direct lake view, two bedrooms, spacious living room, two bathrooms, and big balcony
• Number of Luxury rooms: 42 deluxe double rooms (ranging from 25 to 40 sqm): East-facing with morning sun, west-facing with lake view, south-facing with direct lake view, north-facing with mountain view
• 16 rooms in the Eden Roc Marina
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 95 guest rooms
• All the guest rooms offer balcony or spacious terrace. Free WiFi is provided throughout the hotel premises.
Restaurants & Bars
• La Brezza: 17 GaultMillau points, gourmet restaurant, young – refined – creative, Salvatore Frequente, included in the Resort Dine around, open all year-round
• Eden Roc : 15 GaultMillau points, refined contemporary cuisine, Cyrille Kamerzin, included in the Resort Dine around
• La Casetta: 14 GaultMillau points, lake & sea food specialities, Salvatore Frequente, included in the Resort Dine around
• Marina: 14 GaultMillau points, pasta dishes & delicacies from the grill, Gero Porstein, included in the Resort Dine around, open all year-round
• Marina Lounge: cocktails & snacks, weather permitting
• Eden Bar: coffees, aperitifs or after dinner drinks, daily life music, open all year-round
• one outdoor pool
• one combined indoor / outdoor-pool
• one hydropool
• Spacious sauna world with steam baths, different saunas and exclusive area for ladies
• Seven individually designed treatment rooms for massages, beauty treatments and baths, Naillounge, Hairdresser, Sunbeds
• Fitness centre with state-of-the-art Technogym-equipment
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Room Marina (90 square metres), Block 16 People, U-arrangement 24 People, Conference 25 People, Stand-up reception 75 People
• Room Inverna (31 square metres), Block 14 People
• Room Ghiridone (34 square metres), Block 14 People
• Room Lounge at the lake (31 square metres), Block 10 People
Extra Notable Features
• Kindergarden, Business Centre, Twenty-four-seven room service
• Private Beach, Private Jetty with 8 wharfs for yachts / boats, Watersports School with Wakesurf, Wakeboard, Banana Boat, Water Ski, SUP boards, kayaks
• Sailing school, Luxury boats for rent
• free E-smart, bicycles, mountain bikes, e-city bikes, e-mountain bikes, Vespas, Gandria fishing boat
• Free transfer to / from main train station Locarno, Outdoor parking included
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• “Best Lakeside Hotel 2016” within the ranking “222 best hotels in Switzerland” by the Connoisseur Circle
• “Best Holiday Hotel 2016” in Switzerland, already the sixth time in a row, within the comprehensive hotel ratings published by the SonntagsZeitung
• “Best Holiday Hotel 2014” in Switzerland, already the fourth time in a row, within the comprehensive hotel ratings published by the SonntagsZeitung
• “Best Holiday Hotel 2015” in Switzerland, already the fifth time in a row, within the comprehensive hotel ratings published by the SonntagsZeitung
• Chef Salvatore Frequente, Restaurant La Brezza, has been named as the up-and-coming chef of the year in Ticino in the Gault&Millau Guide 2015.
Number of employees