73, Boulevard de la Croisette
Hyatt Hotels & Resorts
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Coming from a strong hospitality background, Alessandro Cresta has more than 27 years’ experience in International Luxury establishments. Mr. Cresta is familiar to the Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez as he used to work in this property as Director of Operations in 2007. He was then promoted as General Director at the Hotel du Louvre in 2009 and later at the Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme in 2013. Following his Parisian experience, he has been appointed as General Manager of the Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez in March 2016. Graduated from Geneva Hotel School, he has two passions: hospitality and “care”.
Luxury 5 Star Hotel
History & Story
EMMANUEL MARTINEZ opens its eponymous hotel, the MARTINEZ after fourteen months of
CONCORDE HOTELS & RESORTS GROUP (luxury brand of the Louvre Hotel Group), belonging
at this time to the Taittinger Group, acquires the Martinez (receivership of the state since 1944)
and undertakes an ambitious renovation plan.
STARWOOD CAPITAL, the American investment fund acquires the majority of Concorde
Hotels & Resorts share capital.
Signature of a management agreement between Constellation Hotels Ltd, the new owner of the hotel, and Hyatt Hotels Corporation.
April 9th 2013 hotel joins the Hyatt family.
Hotel has spent USD 30 million in the past three years on a full renovation of the high end cateogry room types and Suites.Public areas have also been fully renovated.
Date added extensions
Latest room and suite renovations March 2012
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Largest private beach club in Cannes
• Only 2 star Michelin restaurant in Cannes
• 27 renovated suites as well as 34 Sea View rooms
Situated on the beach road in Cannes surounded by bars restaurants luxury shopping and high end apartments.
Key sites/activities in the area
Old Town – food market , Luxury shopping boutiques, Iles de Lérins (Vineyard, Monastery, Beach walks), gastonomic restaurants; Grasse – Perfume Capital of France; Antibes : – Picasso Museum, Old Town – food and art markets;
Casinos, Oceanographic Museum, Grimaldi Family…
79 years ago, Hotel Martinez witnessed the birth of one of India’s most popular politicians – KARAN SINGH.
• Kid’s Club
The Kid’s Club is open during the summer holidays from July to August and Easter Holidays, from 2pm to 6pm. Entry is free but is reserved exclusively to children between 4 and 12 staying at the hotel.
• Grand Room, 35 Sqm 148 rooms with hillside views of Cannes.Art Deco style
• City View Deluxe Room 40sqm, 126 rooms with views of the city of Cannes, an Art Deco style
• Grand Deluxe Room 45 sqm, 41 rooms, views of the city of Cannes, an Art Deco style
• Partial Sea View Room, 13 rooms 50 sqm with partial view of the Mediterranean Sea and Esterel Mountains.
• Sea View Deluxe Room, 54 rooms and renovated in 2012 , panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea and Esterel Mountains, an Art Deco style
• 11 Junior Suite, situated on the 7th floor with panoramic views of the city of Cannes, an Art Deco style, each with a 30-sqm private terrace
• 13 Prestige Sea View Suites, fabulous views of the Bay of Cannes and mountains, an Art Deco style , a living room and a dining room (about 110-sqm) and a private balcony.
• Suite des Oliviers, fabulous views of the seafront, an Art Deco style, a living room, a dining room (about 160-sqm) and a private 250-sqm terrace with jacuzzi.
• Penthouse Prestige Appartments 1000 sqm, fabulous views of the Bay of Cannes, two-bedroom apartment with two king beds, living room and dining room (about 180-sqm) and a private 290-sqm terrace with jacuzzi.
Restaurants & Bars
• La Palme d’Or
A unique sensory and culinary experience, with 2 Michelin stars since 1991 (the only one in Cannes) and 4 toques GaultMillau, Chef Christian Sinicropi.
• Le Relais
Open daily and provides a host of possibilities to enjoy quality, homemade lunches and dinners, Chef Christian Sinicropi.
• Le Bar l’Amiral
Dozens of metallic plates engraved with the names of the famous regular customers reflect all the bar’s standing and attraction power.
• Restaurant Zplage
Be tempted by the « health and well-being » cuisine of our trendy restaurant. The Zplage puts the emphasis on local products and herbs for the preparation of summer-tasting dishes. The roasting of fish and spit-roast meat is done in a clay oven.
• Located on the 7th floor of the Grand Hyatt Cannes Martinez hotel L.RAPHAEL Beauty Spa offers you a special refuge from the stress of everyday life.
• In the midst of hundred-year old palm trees, an octagonal pool heated to 30° C is available for the exclusive use of hotel guests.
• The Fitness Centre (free access, open round-the-clock 7 days a week ) is also located on the seventh floor of the hotel, lit by natural daylight, where tranquility, elegance and comfort are combined to offer you a relaxing atmosphere.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Extra Notable Features
• scuba diving
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• 2 Michelin stars
• 4 toques GaultMillau
• Certification Green Globe
• Certification ISO 9001-2008
2013 – 2012
• 2 Michelin stars
• 4 toques GaultMillau
• certification Green Globe
• member of « LEADING HOTELS OF THE WORD »
• certification ISO 9001-2008
Number of employees