Il Sereno Hotel Lake Como Italy
Il Sereno Hotel Lake Como
Via Torrazza 10, 22020 Torno, Italy
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Managing director of 3 properties that include Il sereno lake como, Villa pliniana lake como and Il sereno st barths. Hotelier for 7 years and previously more than 20 years in the travel industry on both airline and travel industry.
5 Star deluxe property part of Leading Hotels of the World.
Growth strategy of expansion with similar properties of unique design and luxury catering to the most discerning of travelers. This family owned business is focused on the relationships developed with repeat clients and partners in the industry.
IL SERENO HOTEL LAKE COMO
History & Story
Building on the success of Le Sereno St Barth’s, the owners joined forces with Milan-based designer Patricia Urquiola to introduce a contemporary and more relaxed interpretation of luxury, design and personalized service to Lake Como. Il Sereno Lago di Como is positioned as the most stylish and private sanctuary among the lake’s prestigious collection of hotels. Il Sereno and nearby Villa Pliniana are members of Leading Hotels of the World. Contemporary design. Intimate setting with only 30 suites. All suites have a private terrace and a stunning lake view. Michelin Star Restaurant. Infinity pool. Customized Riva boats.
The hotel opened in 2016. Architect and designer is Patricia Urquiola.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Modern luxurious hotel with 30 rooms, all are water-facing and overly-spacious.
Michelin star restaurant.
Situated on a sunny promontory next to the village of Torno and surrounded by peaceful views of Lake Como’s natural beauty, lush gardens and idyllic small towns, Il Sereno”s lakefront location stretches approximately 140 meters (450 feet) along the eastern shore of Lake Como. The hotel is less than 6km (4 miles) from the center of Como, just a short 8-minute drive; and approximately 50 minutes from both Milano Malpensa airport or from the center of Milan.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Wine tasting
Self-drive custom-made Riva boats available for exploring the lake.
• Maserati Quattroporte house car
We accept kids and offer very nice kids amenities.
The hotel also has a little beach and the pool is heated all season.
• Number of suites: 30 suites in total, all of our rooms are suites
Every room is facing the water
• Number of Luxury rooms: 30
• 4 of the 30 suites are extra large. Darsena Suite, Darsena Lago suite, and 2 penthouse suites…each 200 sq. meters
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 30
Every room has a large terrace with furniture
Restaurants & Bars
•Berton Al Lago, a Michelin-starred restaurant, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner
• Il Sereno Bar & Lounge
• Pool Club with attendants and F&B service
• Valmont il Sereno Spa
• Fitness Center (fitness trainers on request)
• Infinity pool facing the Lake (heated).
• A private outdoor relaxation room with plunge pool offers guests the perfect spot to cool off.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Darsena Lago Suite max 20 people
• Villa Pliniana, our Italian Palazzo located next door, from intimate celebrations to grand weddings. Max people 350 people, several ballrooms, terraces, gardens etc.
Extra Notable Features
• Cooking classes available with Michelin star chef
• Wine tastings available
• Helicopter landing pad on property
• 3 custom-made Riva boats available for all guests
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Michelin Star award – Berton al Lago
• Town & Country Hotel Awards: “The Best New Hotels in the World”-Winner in the “Europe” category
• Afar Traveler’s Choice Awards: Best Design
• Condé Nast Traveler “Hot List”
• Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards 2017
• #3 Hotel in Italy
• #32 Best Hotels in the World
• Travel + Leisure “It List” 2017
• Surface Travel Awards: Finalist in “Resort” category 2017
• Afar Traveler’s Choice Awards: “Best Design” 2017
Number of employees