Interalpen-Hotel Tyrol Austria
Privately owned (by Liebherr Group / Liebherr family)
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Karl Brüggemann & Martin Rotter : Karl Brüggemann and Martin Rotter both have multiple years of leadership experience in the luxury tourism industry.
5-star superior hotel and member of LHW
Maintaining a healthy growth strategy and being open to new markets and trends. Cultivating an attitude of openness and fostering a culture of continuouse learning and improvement.
History & Story
Pure. Alpine. Luxury. This is the ethos of the five-star superior INTERALPEN-HOTEL TYROL, an elegant hideaway with a magnificent mountain backdrop, perched in a pristine location on a high plateau near Seefeld.
2019 : brand new penthouse suites ; 2016-2018 : complete renewal of the Interalpen-spa
Date added extensions
2019 : new penthouse suites ; 2016-2018 : spa extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Breathtaking 360-degree Alpine view and fresh air in a secluded location ; Gault et Millau-rewarded gourmet cuisine ; award-winning spa as an oasis of wellbeing ; a combination of superior service level and Tyrolean hospitality filled with warmth and excellence ;
Set in a unique and secluded location in the heart of the Austrian Alps. The hotel is situated on Seefeld’s high plateau on a hilltop at an altitude of 1.300 m (4,265 ft), surrounded by the Karwendel and Wetterstein mountain ranges about 13 km (8 mi) from Seefeld, 35 km (22 mi) from Innsbruck, 125 km (78 mi) from Munich and 262 km (163 mi) from Zurich ;
Key sites/activities in the area
skiing in the Olympiaregion Seefeld; cross-country skiing; snowshoe hiking; horse carriage riding; hiking, e-biking and mountainbiking; indoor- and outdoor tennis courts at the hotel; the most beautiful golfcourses (Seefeld-Wildmoos, Seefeld-Reith, Golfpark Mieming) in close proximity ; visiting the picturesque town of Seefeld (13 km I 8 mi), excursion to the Swarovski Crystal Worlds in Wattens (45 km I 28 mi) , visiting Innsbruck (35 km I 22 mi) the Austrian capital city of Alpine sports with various sights such as the Imperial Palace, the Bergisel ski jump or the Alpine zoo;
The Interalpen-Hotel Tyrol is sourrounded by 650 km (404 mi) of hiking trails. 130,000 flowers are used for the floral decorations during the year. At Christmas 150 Christmas trees are placed inside the hotel and 30,000 Christmas cookies are baked in the hotel’s patisserie. Additionally, 11 tons of cakes and strudels are baked with a total of 230,000 eggs throughout the year.
Children from 3 years will be offered an exciting program from morning to night in the newly designed kids club: there are carriage rides, aqua and child gymnastics, swimming lessons and much more. A special highlight is the adventure playground, which is located in the middle of the forest and next to game towers with slides, a low ropes course, a lovingly designed water and sand area and a wooden horse-drawn carriage, the playground also offers a zip line. The childcare at the kids club, under the supervision of trained educators, is free of charge. Older children and teens meet in the youth lounge for a poker-, kicker- and darts tournament or a cozy movie night in the Interalpen-cinema.
Number of Suites:
(7) Penthouse Suites: 76-200 m² (818-2,150 ft²); for up to 4 Pax; the Penthouse Suites offer a special level of luxury in an open space ambience that feature an elegant alpine chic with incomparable panoramic views of the surrounding mountains. Room amenities: spacious living room with dining table, panorama seating niche, lifestyle shower, dressing room, air conditioning, spacious rooftop terrace;
(8) Family suites: 111 m² (2,000 ft²); for 4 Pax; the interior of the suites from the 1st to the 5th floor pays homage to the Tyrolean mountain environment: wood, stone and modern understatement blend into a harmonious whole. Room amenities: two double bedrooms, two living rooms, large bathroom with bath, shower and bidet, second bathroom with shower; Special features: balcony and roof terrace with mountain view;
(17) Suite 1 and 2: 82 – 107 m² (880-1150 ft²); for up to 4 Pax; offering spacious comfort in typical Tyrolean style with 2 double bedrooms, 1-2 living rooms, 2 bathrooms with bathtub and shower, separate WCs; balcony and roof terrace 269 m².
Number of luxury rooms:
(212) Traditional rooms in Tyrolean style (24 m² – 78 m² – 484 – 840 ft²) for up to 3 Pax; all rooms have a balcony, bathroom with bathtub and / or shower, WC, hairdryer, telephone, internet access, Wi-Fi, mini bar, coffee machine and water boiler for tea, room safe, radio, TV with Sky Cinema, Sky Football Bundesliga and Sky Sports 1 and 2 (German language) plus camera and laptop connections.
(22) Modern Lodge rooms (45 m² – 78 m²) : For up to 3 pax. An exclusive category on the sixth floor. These luxurious rooms are a master of elegant understatement, with modern style characterized by sleek lines and materials, and colours that reflect the Tyrolean mountain landscape. Solid oak floors, spruce wood, wall and chimney cladding of selected natural stone have been combined with warm earth colours and timelessly classic furniture in leather and walnut.
(283) rooms and suites in total
Restaurants & Bars
All room rates are including halfboard which feature a lavish breakfast buffet and 6-course à la carte dinner menu including salad buffet and cheese board;
• Interalpen-halfboard and à la carte restaurant rewarded with 14.5 points and 2 toques by Gault-Millau
• Interalpen-Chef’s Table – during this culinary highlight guests are seated directly in the kitchen and can look over the shoulder of the chefs and savour a multi-course degustation menu at the same time.
• Cafe Wien – enjoy typical regional and homemade delicacies in the style of a classic Viennese coffee house.
• Fireplace bar – enjoy a glass of wine, a fine cognac or an exciting cocktail while sitting by a roaring open fire.
•Spa restaurant offers healthy vitality cuisine, which guests can enjoy even in their bathrobes.
The multi award-winning luxury spa, which covers 5,300 m² (57,000 ft²) is one of the most spacious well-being facilities in the Alpine region.
• Panorama-indoor swimming pool with a connection to the heated outdoor pool and the sunbathing meadows
• Different sauna areas with finish saunas, bio saunas, steam baths and infrared salt water cabins: Tyrolean sauna village, textile sauna world (accessible for children), ladies’ spa, private spa
• Gym with state of the art fitness machines and an outdoor functional area ; different fitness classes in the daily changing activity program ; meditation room ;
Corporate & Celebration Events
• 6 conference rooms with a max. capacity of 400 people
• 5 break-out rooms with a max. capacity of 30 people including a business suite with boardroom, lounge and buffet area for max. 14 people
• Andreas-Hofer ballroom for classy celebrations for a max. of 300 people
• Stylish clublounge Hofburg with a soundproof ceiling, a bar and show cooking area ; max. of 100 people
• Interalpen-mountain hut: 5-10 minutes walking distance from the hotel – for events with max. of 150 people but can be extended to a max. of 230 seats
• Event hall with a total size of 1,252 m² (13,500 ft²) and room height of 8 m (26 ft); can be used for various events ;
Extra Notable Features
• Indoor-golf area with golf simulator and indoor driving range; co-operation with the neighbouring 18-hole Leading Golf Course « Seefeld-Wildmoos» bordering; golf-shuttle (free of charge) from the hotel to the golf course;
• 3 different ski resorts within a driving distance of 15 min
• Cross-country skiing trails right from the hotel with a connection to the cross-country-skiing trail-net of the Olympiaregion Seefeld
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• 2019 : 14.5 points and 2 toques for the Interalpen à la carte and halfboard restaurant ; 17 points and 4 toques for the Interalpen-Chef’s table ;
• 2018 : 15 points and 2 toques for the Interalpen-à la carte and halfboard restaurant ; 17 points and 3 toques for the Interalpen-Chef’s table ; Wellness aphrodite for spa personality of the year (Spa Manager)
• 2017 : 15 points and 2 toques for the Interalpen-à la carte and halfboard restaurant ; Wellness Heaven Award – 9.71 points out of 10 points for the Interalpen-spa ;
Number of employees
Around 290 employees