InterContinental Bordeaux – Le Grand Hotel France
Le Grand Hotel
2-5 place de la Comédie F-33000 Bordeaux
InterContinental Hotels Group
Privately owned, managed by IHG
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
5 stars Luxury
- Offer guests a luxury hotel stay in a sought-after location.
- Work with Financière Immobilière Bordelaise on this unique property and look forward to expanding partnerships
InterContinental Bordeaux – Le Grand Hotel
History & Story
Right in the heart of the golden triangle, the historic hub of the city of Bordeaux, architect Victor Louis added the final touches to the construction of a mansion house. The hotel architecture also inspired the shape of the Bordeaux Opera House.
In 1999, the Bordelais Michel Ohayon decided to to buy the main building with the beautiful façade and with architect Michel Pétuaud-Létang he transformed it into the InterContinental Bordeaux – Le Grand Hotel.
In 2007, the doors opened on what was from now on the InterContinental® Bordeaux – Le Grand Hotel, to reveal a world more majestic than even before, all magisterially orchestrated by the interior designer Jacques Garcia.
2014, from 148 to 130 bedrooms with the adjustments of new suites.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The hotel occupies a prime location on Place de la Comédie, Bordeaux’s central square. The hotel is surrounded by the finest shops and restaurants in the heart of Bordeaux, a city that was recently world best city to visit 2016 by LonelyPlanet.
In the heart of the city and in the pedestrian zone, a mirror to the Opera House, InterContinental Bordeaux – Le Grand Hotel vogues today on the waters of a refined luxury.
- 20 minutes from the new Cité du Vin
- 10 minutes from the train station
- 25 minutes from the airport
- Walking distance to main local attractions, museums, markets…
Key sites/activities in the area
Classified at the world heritage site by Unesco, world wine capital, Bordeaux is a port of an elegant beauty.
With the inauguration of the projected City of Wine in June 2016, this provides a unique place entirely dedicated to the history and legacy of wine.
World capital of wine, Bordeaux gives its name to the oldest and most famous vineyards in France. They are renowned throughout the world with.
At the gate of Bordeaux, Arcachon stretches along its immense beach of fine sand. From the Ile des Oiseaux to the peninsula of Cap Ferret, including the unmissable Dune du Pilat, the highest sand dune or Europe. We are located 2hrs away from Biarritz, 2hrs30 to San Sebastian and 3hrs30 to Bilbao.
The years and decades passed and asserted the hotel’s reputation, reinforced by legendary guests, like the Deputy… Victor Hugo who, in 1870, made this visionary statement from the neighbouring terrace of the Café de Bordeaux: “If we do not want any more wars in Europe, we must create Europe”. Visionary, did we say…
InterContinental Bordeaux – Le Grand Hotel fits the requirements and desires of the youngest by dedicating an appropriate service. The Kids Concierge will propose suitable entertainment and visits to all. A program of activities will be given to parents upon their arrival, specially designed to guide their stays.
During Weekends and Holidays : book our Executive Junior Suite specially created to host 2 adults and 2 kids. Perfect room type to welcome families. Also ask for our connecting rooms.
At lunch and dinner, our offer « Kids Eat Free » gives your child the opportunity to enjoy a free 3 courses menu at the brasserie Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay.
Dedicated access to the Spa Les Bains de Léa for families is included from 9:30 am to 11:00am
• Number of suites: 44
Our 44 suites are decorated with an elegant atmosphere revealing their character in a refined setting for an unforgettable stay: open or private living room, wine bar, Emperador dark or red Napoleon marble bathrooms with delicate fragrances…
Your nights are purely and simply a magical experience with the added bonus of stunning views over the Opera House and Place de la Comédie, the Cours de l’Intendance or the Garonne river.
10 Juniors Suites – 45 m2
16 Executive Junior Suites – 50m2
6 Prestiges Suites – 65m2
2 Suites Prestiges Opera View – 62m2
1 Royal Suite – 110m2 our Royal Suite offers the ultimate privilege: a duplex with a 140 m² spectacular terrace on the rooftops of Bordeaux with a private jacuzzi.
• Number of Luxury rooms: 46
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 130
• Our rooms reveal a unique and cozy decor, inspired by the eighteenth century. The colors, fabrics and furniture, created specially by the designer Jacques Garcia for the hotel, form an envelope of elegance and beauty while each room has its own identity
Restaurants & Bars
• Le Pressoir d’Argent Gordon Ramsay – Chef : Gilad Peled, Two Michelin-starred restaurant seduces by its special atmosphere and its delectable and creative cuisine. From his deep respect of authenticity, Gordon Ramsay has created a menu on which local produces take pride of place. Foie gras from the Landes, organic vegetables from Basque country or Breton lobster pay tribute to the French culinary heritage.
• Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay – Chef : Alex Thiebault Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay proposes specialties of South-Western France with a British touch. Among the favorites on the menu: the Beef Wellington to share, Caesar salad, or the famous Fish & Chips will be on offer. Arthur Fèvre, our Chef Patissier revamped some traditional recipes: Lemon tart, chocolate Fondant… The wine menu offers a large range including a fine selection of Bordeaux wines.
• Le Victor Bar In a cozy and elegant ambience with its refined English-style décor, the Bar proposes a large and inspired choice to spend delicious moments between friends or family under the large glassed roof overwhelmed by light.
• Roof Top : La Night Beach. Adorned with plants, sofas, parasol pines, and mellow lighting, the terrace takes on seaside airs in the heart of the town. Each summer, the Night Beach becomes the favorite spot of Bordeaux. Its elegant and relaxed atmosphere, and above all, its breathtaking 360° view upon the city’s skyline guarantee sumptuous and unforgettable memories.
•Spa “Les Bains de Léa”
The enchanting decoration of the hammam and steam room, the delicately scented steam and the soothing choreography of the masseuses’ hands invite you to relax and let your senses travel. The wellness space includes a majestic column-lined indoor pool and an aquatic experience with massage jets and counter-current swimming.
The Spa NUXE Les Bains de Léa has 10 treatments rooms devoted to the brand massages. Enjoy all the natural cosmetology expertise in the areas designed especially for your comfort. Hydromassage bath, oriental scrub room and back massage under a Vichy shower give you a unique experience. Gentle or intense, it is up to you to choose the journey you wish to take.
Corporate & Celebration Events
With its theatrical décor: large finely-worked rugs, stylish curtains and imposing chandeliers, the 13 beautiful lounges all bathed in daylight and 4 majestic fireplaces are carefully designed down to the smallest detail. Some of them reflect a hushed and intimate atmosphere to meet in a convivial setting while others, more spacious are composed of interconnecting rooms. The dedicated spaces for meetings, receptions and conferences are all equipped with the latest technologies.
The hotel can provide 13 meeting and conference rooms, as well as five courtyards amounting to a total area of 1000m² that can host more than 200 persons.
Extra Notable Features
• Wine concierge service :
Five concierges of whom four are ‘Clefs d’Or ‘ create made-to-measure programmes for connoisseurs and wine lovers allowing them to discover and access the world of Bordeaux and its great wines
Hotel and restaurant Awards
Le Pressoir d’Argent Gordon Ramsay – Two-star rating in the Michelin Guide for France 2016
Number of employees
200 to 249 employees