InterContinental Lisbon Portugal
Rua Castilho, 149 1099-034
Date of Creation
21 October 2014 (as an IHG managed hotel)
Hotel General Manager
Maarten Drenth – Cluster General Manager for InterContinental Lisbon and InterContinental Cascais-Estoril. With an extensive experience in the hotel sector, he’s already been with several hotels of the brand, not only in Europe but in Latin America and the United States of America.
THE GATEWAY FOR GUESTS TO CONNECT TO THE NEW, PASSIONATE SPIRIT OF LISBON
History & Story
This contemporary, cosmopolitan hotel built in 1985 under another brand during the past 30 years is from middle last year the InterContinental Lisbon.
With its 331 rooms including 16 suites is a landmark in the city due to the modern/iconic shape of the building on top of one of the seven hills of Lisbon to be known as the leading luxury hotel that uniquely fuses the cultural richness of Lisbon with vibrant international style. The gateway for guests to connected to the new, passionate spirit of the city.
Rooms and Suites fully renovated in 2019.
Public areas, restaurant, pastry & lobby lounge and Bar renovated in 2015.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Prime City Centre Location: Walking distance to downtown and shopping area; facing Eduardo VII Park.
• Overlooking into city and its monuments, down towards the Tagus River and beyond.
• Quality of service;
• Ballroom with highest ceiling of the city (5,5 Mt);
• Airport 7 km from Hotel (10 Min);
• Brand notoriety;
• The interior design and decoration, the colors and materials create a setting where to feel like home is natural.
Located between Eduardo VII Park, Marques de Pombal Square and the luxurious Avenida da Liberdade, InterContinental Lisbon sits at the heart of Lisbon society. With discreet refinement, contemporary design and expansive views of the Tagus river, this stylish new addition is the ultimate choice for experiencing Lisbon.
Key sites/activities in the area
In the neighborhood of InterContinental Lisbon within a short walking distance you could visit museums, cathedrals, churches, theaters, historical places, historical palaces and monuments, art galleries, gardens and also tourist sites like mini cruises on the Tagus River, sightseeing of the city, fancy bars and restaurants, concerts of Portuguese or international music.
Lisbon is a compact city, you can find many different choices in a short ride that’s why the Portuguese capital is the perfect place for people traveling in leisure or business.
We offer at our restaurant Akla a special menu for kids.
With 331 rooms, including 16 sophisticated suites some of them with amazing panoramic view over the city and the river. Guest can enjoy a place to sleep but also an area to relax and spend time. The choice of the decoration can no longer follow the basic fashion principles. The interior requires a more timeless feel in order to create an emotional bond between guest and the ambiance.
• Rooms renovated in 2019.
• Superior, Deluxe, Executive, Premium, and Club Rooms with 34 sqm.
• 16 suites range from 43sqm to 158 sqm and including separate working and living areas.
• Views over the castle, city center, Tagus River and Park Eduardo VII.
• Room amenities : bathrobes, hairdryer, mini-bar, cable television, turndown service, safety box, Free wi-fi acess, air conditioning.
• Clubs and Suite amenities : bathrobes, hairdryer, mini-bar, cable television, turndown service, safety box, Free wi-fi acess, air conditioning and expresso coffee machine.
• Free wi-fi acess.
Restaurants & Bars
• AKLA restaurant
Where food is as it should be. Approach to food where the market flavours shine and colors are always present . The place to share authentic moments . The new josper fire pit where the process of maturing our meat, our preparation in our charcoal josper oven is behind our extraordinary taste in our meat.
• UPTOWN bar
The new revitalized bar at the heart of Lisbon, combining artisanal products with innovative mixologie.
• MY OH MY Pastry and lobby lounge
The connected square where colors come to life and time slows down over the shared appreciation of delicious food.
• Fitness center.
• All our Guest have special conditions at fitness center « Clube VII », at Eduardo VII Park, 1 minutes walking distance from the hotel (sauna, massage, indoor pool, tennis courts, gym, etc).
Corporate & Celebration Events
Whether for a business meeting, a congress, a meeting, a professional meet up, a team incentive, presentations, product launches, conventions but also for convivial occasions like a wedding, a birthday, a special celebration or for a 500 people cocktail the InterContinental Lisbon offers the best and multifunctional options in a unique and place with personalized assistance, a tailor made event because your success is our success.
• 14 meeting and banqueting room up to 500 persons in cocktail.
• Ballroom of 3875 sqf and 16.4 ftof ceiling hight ( highest hotel ceiling in Lisbon).
• Diversity of room sizes up to 450 people in theatre and 500 in cocktail. Large foyer with daylight – fits 330 people in cocktail.
• 6 meeting rooms with daylight and private area for groups meals up to 250 people.
• High tech audiovisual equipment.
Extra Notable Features
• Insider Experiences.
Number of employees