InterContinental Lisbon Portugal
Rua Castilho, 149 1099-034
Date of Creation
21 October 2014 (as an IHG managed hotel)
Hotel General Manager
Eric Viale – Area General Manager Portugal
With over 22 years in hospitality, Eric has strong international operations and sales & marketing experience across Europe.
Eric also has an extensive network of luxury industry contacts.
5 star luxury
To be known as the leading luxury hotel that uniquely fuses the cultural richness of Lisbon with vibrant international style. The gateway for guests to connect to the new passionate spirit of Lisbon.
History & Story
This contemporary, cosmopolitan hotel built in 1985 under another brand during the past 30 years is from middle last year the InterContinental Lisbon.
With is 331 rooms including 16 suites is a landmark in the city due to the modern/iconic shape of the building on top of one of the seven hills of Lisbon to be know as the leading luxury hotel that uniquely fuses the cultural richness of Lisbon with vibrant international style. The gateway for guests to connected to the new, passionante spirit of the city.
Public areas, restaurant, pastry & lobby lounge, bar and meeting rooms renovated in 2015.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Located in the very heart of Lisbon, facing Eduardo VII Park its modern /iconic shape stands out from the surrounding buildings like a large window overlooking into city and its monuments, down towards the Tagus River and beyond. The interior design and decoration, the colors and materials create a setting where to feel like home is natural
Surrounded by the green areas of Eduardo VII Park, Marques de Pombal square and close to the luxurious Av da Liberdade the InterContinental Lisbon is the best place to stay and experience the fashionable city of Lisbon and Portuguese heritage.
Superb blend of destination/location within a short walking distance guests can reach Museum Calouste Gulbenkian, Museum Amalia Rodrigues the famous Fado singer, the two most famous shopping centers, the financial district and the river front which makes InterContinental Lisbon perfect for both leisure and business travelers
An experience that brings Lisbon to life
Key sites/activities in the area
In the neighborhood of InterContinental Lisbon within a short walking distance you could visit museums, cathedrals, churches, theaters, historical places, historical palaces and monuments, art galleries, gardens and also tourist sites like mini cruises on the Tagus River, sightseeing of the city, fancy bars and restaurants, concerts of Portuguese or international music.
Lisbon is a compact city, you can find many different choices in a short ride that’s why the Portuguese capitalis the perfect place for people traveling in leisure or business.
We offer at our restaurant Akla a special menu for kids.
With 331 rooms, including 16 sophisticated suites some of them with amazing panoranic view over the city and the river. Guest can enjoy a place to sleep but also an area to relax and spend time. The choice of the decoration can no longer follow the basic fashion principles. The interior requires a more timeless feel in order to create an emotional bond between guest and the ambiance.
• Rooms as of 34 sqm,
• 6 suites range from 43sqm to 158 sqm and including separate working and living areas,
• Views over the castle, city center, Tagus River and Park Eduardo VII,
• Room amenities : bathrobes, hairdryer, mini-bar, cable television, turndown service, safety box, Free wi-fi acess, air conditioning.
• Suite amenities : bathrobes, hairdryer, mini-bar, cable television, turndown service, safety box, Free wi-fi acess, air conditioning and expresso coffee machine,
• All public areas and meeting rooms renovated in 2015,
• Free wi-fi acess in public areas.
Restaurants & Bars
• AKLA restaurant
Where food is as it should be. Approach to food where the market flavours shine and colors are always present . The place to share authentic moments . The new josper fire pit where the process of maturing our meat, our preparation in our charcoal josper oven is behind our extraordinary taste in our meat.
• UPTOWN bar
The new revitalized bar at the heart of Lisbon, combining artisanal products with innovative mixologie.
• MY OH MY Pastry and lobby lounge
The connected square where colors come to life and time slows down over the shared appreciation of delicious food.
• All our Guets have special conditions at fitness center « Clube VII », at Eduardo VII Park, 3 minutes walking distance from the hotel (sauna, massage, indoor pool, tennis courts, gym, etc).
Corporate & Celebration Events
Whether for a business meeting, a congress, a meeting, a professional meet up, a team incentive, presentations, product launches, conventions but also for convivial ocasions like a wedding, a birthday, a special celebration or for a 500 people cocktail the InterContinental Lisbon offers the best and multifunctional options in a unique and place with personalized assistance, a tailormade event because your success is our sucess.
• 14 meeting and banqueting room up to 550 persons,
• Ballroom of 3875 sqf and 16.4 ftof ceiling hight ( highest hotel ceiling in Lisbon),
• Meeting rooms renovated in 2015,
• Diversity of room sizes up to 450 people in theatre and 550 in cocktail . large foyer with daylight – fits 330 people in cocktail,
• 6 meeting rooms with daylight and private area for groups meals up to 250 people,
• high tech audiovisual equipment.
Extra Notable Features
• Insider Experiences.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
Number of employees