Jiva Hill Resort France
Jiva Hill Resort
Route d’Harée, 01170 Crozet, France
Ian LUNDIN (Private owner)
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Fabrice MERCIER is passionate about delighting people and creating unique experiences for his customers, based on authenticity and generosity. He has been the General Manager of the Jiva Hill for the past 8 years and has implemented a creative and evolving strategy focusing on guest desire and needs.
5-star Luxury | Relais & Châteaux
The Jiva Hill Resort is developing its leisure segment by implementing family friendly policies and by creating unique, memorable and personalized experiences. Moreover, the Jiva Hill Resort is always seeking for new opportunities and technologies to improve its meeting facilities and to welcome business travelers in a peaceful and natural environment where work is pleasant and relaxing.
JIVA HILL RESORT
History & Story
“JIVA” is a Buddhist term which means alive. Jiva Hill, the living hill, is a dream the owner’s family had together when traveling the world. 10 years ago, they decided to transform an agricultural ground with the most amazing views into a green heaven offering: luxury, relaxation, a change of scenery, peace of mind and sports activities to their guests.
Jean Philippe Nuel is the architect of the Jiva Hill Resort. He created an environment with pure and modern lines where our own contemporary vision of luxury exudes elegance and discretion.
Date added extensions
Since its opening in 2007, the owners invested each year in renovations and creations of new facilities. In 2016, our second restaurant Le Jardin, trendy and creative cuisine is now served daily. In 2017, a private cinema the Eden and our game room the Tripot were created.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The Jiva Hill Resort is implemented in its 98-acre private estate, magnificently situated at the foothills of the Jura Mountains facing the majestic Mont Blanc, just minutes away from Geneva.
The Jiva Hill Resort is located 10 minutes away from Geneva International Airport and Geneva Palexpo. Situated at the foothills of the Jura Mountains and surrounded by an amazing scenery our property is easily accessible.
Key sites/activities in the area
- Visit Geneva and its surroundings
- Visit the CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research
- Summer activities: archery, paintball, Nordic walking, climbing, hiking, beach activities and sailing of the Lake Geneva…
- Winter activities: snowshoeing, cross country skiing, downhill skiing, sledding, walk with dogs of sleds in the Mont Jura (5min from the hotel)
For many years, the owner’s family lived between Geneva and Cape Town. They loved South Africa so much, they designed the Jiva Hill Resort just like a South African lodge, a way to feel at home away from home!
Since 2012, Jiva Hill Resort is hosting a permanent exhibition of the New York photographer Roberto Dutesco, whose collection of works entitled “The Wild Horses of Sable Island” presents unique shots of wild horses living on the Sable Island, a small Canadian island located in the Atlantic Ocean.
During the holidays we install a Kids Club, where children are more than welcome to come and play with their siblings, make new friends while being looked after by their parents. We display games, dolls and create a magical environment for our small guests to feel at ease. Moreover, children can enjoy our dedicated spa treatments or our golf and tennis schools.
- Number of Junior suites: 6
The Junior suites (40sqm) are designed as private lodges and each of them features a furnished terrace and a private Jacuzzi.
- Number of Luxury rooms: 23 Deluxe rooms & 4 Deluxe Corner rooms
The Deluxe rooms (34 sqm) offer a terrace or balcony fully equipped and a magnificent view over the Jura Mountains and golf course.
The Corner Deluxe rooms (34 sqm) have double bay windows offering absolute luminosity, with double terrace/balcony fully equipped and a magnificent view over the Jura Mountains and golf course.
- Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 33 rooms
All rooms are equipped with the following: a dressing room with safe, DVD player, minibar and a Nespresso coffee machine are at your disposal. The large bathroom enjoys natural light and is equipped with a bath, a large walk-in shower and double basins. Separate toilets. Baby cot or extra bed can be put in the room (free under 12 years old). Our Deluxe rooms can accommodate 3 persons maximum (2 adults and 1 child). In our Junior Suites a sofa bed can accommodate two children or one additional adult (free under 12 years old).
Restaurants & Bars
- Our gastronomic restaurant the Shamwari is named after one of the most beautiful nature reserves in Africa. This contemporary design restaurant (capacity of 80 seats) is separated from the main building. It offers a change of scenery, including the exotic and captivating beauty reminiscent of South Africa.
- Sharing and generosity are the key principles of our Chef Vincent Betton. His cuisine has been influenced throughout his different experiences with emblematic chefs such as Jean-Pierre Vigato and Nicolas Davouze, and has been enhanced by his personal touch. Attached to traditions and products, Vincent Betton built’ his cuisine on generous compositions in which the freshest products of the French regions are sublimed.
- Our second restaurant Le Jardin is above all an experience of seasonal cuisine, that is trendy and creative, based on simple and delicious recipes.
- We propose half-board plans with breakfast and a dinner in both restaurants
- A 17m long indoor swimming pool and its adjacent Jacuzzi extends directly to a vast teakwood solarium terrace with sun loungers and parasols. The sauna, Hamman, Jacuzzi, Cartita treatments and massage rooms as well as a fully equipped fitness center makes this place a unique heaven of relaxation.
- Our Nordic Spa composed with an outdoor sauna and cold bath, made in pure Canadian red Cedar, await you to discover the Scandinavian culture!
Corporate & Celebration Events
Jiva Hill is the perfect place to work and relax. Several meeting rooms are available for organizing all types of events: meeting, cocktail, dinners, product launch … Our meeting rooms benefit from natural daylight, air conditioning and are equipped with video projector, screen, and complimentary WiFi access.
- The “Hangar” meeting room offers an astonishing panoramic view of the Mont-Blanc combining large hosting capacity and friendly environment. (120 sqm|100 pax)
- The Villa du Lac meeting room is an independent work space with Its panoramic terrace overlooking the Mont Blanc. (62 sqm| 18-50pers)
- The Salon Voltaire ensures a cosy and distinguished atmosphere with a direct access to the restaurant and a private terrace. (40 sqm|16 pax)
- Located in front of the hotel reception, the Lounge meeting room is a cozy and modern. (60 sqm | 15-30 pax)
Extra Notable Features
Jiva Hill offers unique experiences with a movie theatre where guests can enjoy a private cinema session, a game room with pool, darts, jukebox, football table and flipper, a 9 holes 18 tees golf course, 2 tennis courts and a waterskiing lake.
Number of employees