Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa Balearic Islands, Spain
Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa
C/Bélgica S/N 07108 – Port Sóller – Mallorca – Balearic Islands
Privately owned – Jumeirah Group
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Gianluca Priori, General Manager : Most recently held the position of General Manager at the Hyatt Paris Madeleine, a luxury boutique hotel where he was responsible for the renovation, repositioning and rebranding of the property.
Foster and stimulate Traveller Made´s Network by focusing on quality service and experiential benefits
Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa
History & Story
Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa crowns the cliffs of Port de Sóller, balancing between the Tramuntana Mountains and the Mediterranean Sea on the unspoilt northwest coast of Mallorca.
The hotel brings Jumeirah’s impeccable service to the alluring Spanish island, and with it creates a new standard of luxury in Mallorca. Now an emblem of Sóller Valley’s exclusivity, the hotel is recognised as the most desireable location for any opulent Mediterranean escape.
Date added extensions
The Infinity Pool Terraces Winter 2019/2020
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The round, stone entry hall is designed in the image of the Talaias, ancient Mallorcan defence towers that were constructed along the north coast to defend the villages from Moorish pirate attacks. Each room enjoys a balance of Mallorcan landscape through its artwork. Mountain-facing rooms display art depicting the sea, while every sea-facing room features work that illustrates the mountains. Native grasses are cultivated on the flat roofs to blend Jumeirah Port Soller into its surroundings, infusing movement into the buildings as the grasses bow to the sea breeze
Located at the cliffs of Port de Sóller, in the centre of Mallorca’s northwest coastline; 35kms from Palma International Airport / 35 minutes by car.
Key sites/activities in the area
Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa’s varied portfolio of Unique Experiences, specially developed by the Concierge team, enables guests to effortlessly encounter the island and its special culture with varied choices like Exclusive Helicopter Tours, Sunset Boat Trips and Walk and Wine experiences. Always tailored to the guest, each Unique Experience provides a truly bespoke way to discover an authentic side of Mallorca, no matter a guest’s interests.
As the most beautiful and breathtaking buildings in the World, such as the Taj Mahal, this Hotel was built from a love story. There was a gentleman who built the first hotel where nowadays is located Jumeirah Port Soller, after her wife fell in love with its views. The husband, as an act of love wanted to give this hotel, as a present for her beloved spouse. They named the hotel Atalaya and while in the hotel you can find some pictures of this 70´s hotel in our blue corridor. It is fascinating how many similarities you can spot although the two hotels are so different.
To guarantee an exciting welcome, each young guest is treated to a special complimentary amenity that is tailored to their age.
Children’s menus are available in all of the restaurants, with the children’s breakfast served on a separate boat service station, carefully customised for smaller sizes.
Barbaroja’s Kids Club welcomes children between three to eight years old free of charge for unlimited time. Professional carers engage with the children over a variety of board games or creative, art-based activities, alongside books and TV screens.
• Number of suites: 23 Suites
Junior Suite Mountain
Junior Suie Sea View
• Number of Luxury rooms: 3 Signature Suites
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 95 rooms
Deluxe Mountain View – Deluxe Sea View
Grand Deluxe Mountain View – Grand Deluxe Sea View
Restaurants & Bars
• ES FANALS : Exquisite Spanish Signature Cuisine is served at this restaurant located at the top of the hotel. Arriving via a spiral staircase takes guests around a two-floor chandelier that features the Fanals lamps for which the restaurant was named. The open kitchen allows guests to watch their meals being forged infront of their eyes. Dishes are delivered from kitchen to table by the very chefs that cooked them. The restaurant is also host to the Guest Chef Series, a gastronomic hallmark event on the island which features four local chefs in a number of special events.
• CAP ROIG BRASSERIE : The Brasserie restaurant spoiled with views of the mountains, Port and sea serves a rich and locally inspired Mediterranean menu through lunchtime and dinner services. The restaurant is host to a number of events during the season, including weekly Surf & Turf Barbeques, Kamado Experiences, and evening tasting menus completed with live Spanish Guitar.
• SUNSET RESTAURANT : From the top of the main building, this stylish restaurant and bar enjoys 180º views, the perfect place to watch the sun set into the sea. Stunning views enhance Japanese-Peruvian delicacies. The sushi is prepared infront of guests by the resident Sushi Chef, while experienced mixologists prepare a host of unique cocktail creations behind the bar. The layout of the restaurant reflects the beach and the sea, with blue and tan tones integrated throughout to make guests feel even closer to the coast.
Talise Spa : Serene mountains form the backdrop to the Spa’s ten treatment rooms and thermal area, which includes a sauna and Hammam suite. Both in-house and day guests are invited to indulge in treatments that use local ingredients like citrus, almond and olives. Guests can enjoy treatments in their room on request. The heated outdoor hydropool is the ultimate place to relax, soaking in bubbles whilst immersed in the Tramuntana.
Talise Fitness : Open twenty-four hours a day, the state-of-the-art gym at Jumeirah Port Soller is fitted exclusively with Technogym equipment. There is a multitude of exercise classes held outside and in the yoga studio, which is otherwise at one’s disposal for practice or meditation. On request, personal trainers are available for consultations and training sessions so every visitor can maintain their best during their stay.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Jumeirah Port Soller’s range of event facilities leaves nothing to be desired. Every venue is outfitted with high-tech equipment and filled with natural light, while enjoying views of the stunning surroundings. The dedicated events team is available to meet all needs, ensuring a seamless event experience.
The Jumeirah Ballroom is the hotel’s largest indoor venue and has been host to product launches and vibrant weddings. An elegant ballroom with 180º views from the mountains to the sea, this space is capable of accommodating up to 120 people, or 100 in banquet.
Named after local mountain villages, the Sóller, Fornalutx and Deià meeting rooms are more modest venues. The Sóller and Fornalutx rooms can be connected to expand the space, with a private terrace the ideal location for a coffee break. Deià is ideal for business meetings.
A multi-functional outdoor setting atop the 6th floor, the large Tramuntana Terrace accommodates up to 100 guests in banquet. The 240sqm space is particularly popular for weddings, barbeques and gala dinners due to its incredible perspective on the mountains, Port and sea.
Extra Notable Features
Swimming Pools: There are two outdoor swimming pools, both heated and with spectacular views. The luxurious infinity pool at the top of the hotel is for guests over the age of 12. Looking toward the Port and the sea, the Sa Talaia pool is enjoyed by all ages, its blue mosaic tiles specially chosen to mirror the colour of Es Trenc beach, one of the most beautiful beaches on the island.
The Tramuntana Terrace : The Tramuntana Terrace is poised between the mountains and the sea. Bali beds, sun beds and a rain shower make it the perfect place to bathe in the sun’s rays. One of the most idyllic spots in the hotel, it is the site of many weddings and the location for the Romantic Dinner Under The Stars experience.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
2018-19 AWARDS :
- World Spa Awards 2018
- Best Hotel Spa in Spain 2018
- Spain Luxury Hotel Awards 2018
- Best Luxury Hotel Suite 2018
- British Airway’s Holidays Customer Excellence Award 2018
- Guest Review Award 2018
- Booking.com 2018
- Trip Advisor Traveller’s Choice Awards 2019
- Top 25 Luxury Hotels in Spain 2019
- U.S. News & World Best Hotel Rankings 2019
- Silver Badge Winners
2017 Awards :
- Luxury Travel Guide European Awards 2017
- Grand Luxury Hotel of the Year 2017
- World Spa Awards 2017
- Best Hotel Spa in Spain 2017
- World Travel Awards 2017
- Spain’s Best Hotel Spa 2017
Number of employees