Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest
Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest
1051-Budapest, Erzsebet ter 7-8.
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
5 Star Luxury
Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest
History & Story
Budapest: this monarchical city of Central European charm reveals a multicultural past in Europe, rich with Roman, Renaissance, Turkish, German and Austrian impressions, and Hungarian culture’s rare ability to fuse these interactions into its own unique identity.
Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest’s own ever-evolving wealth of diversions within reflects the diversity without. Complete with a new lifestyle and gourmet hub, the dramatic reconstruction of the multi-use Lobby was followed by the refurbishment and refresh of the suites and premium rooms on five floors in April 2019.
At Gastronomic Quarter Downtown Budapest, the first Central European Nobu restaurant serves new-style Japanese cuisine. ÉS Bisztró is a contemporary brasserie for updated Hungarian-Viennese specialities. The Living Room is inspired by the local “Kaffeehaus” culture of old. Blue Fox The Bar mixes classic and creative cocktails.
To recharge and rejuvenate, Kempinski The Spa offers exclusive beauty and massage treatments, fitness facilities and a recently refurbished sauna universe of American Tulipwood Finnish and bio saunas, a steam bath and a Kneipp foot soak.
One of a kind in town, Kempinski Corvinus owns a corporate collection of Hungarian contemporary art. Some of the works adorn the rooms and suites, while others are available to view in the public areas. Open round the clock, the Gallery on The Promenade shows curated modern Hungarian art.
Further facilities: Nobu dishes available to order 24 hours through in-room dining; underground car park for 230 vehicles; electric vehicle charging station; gift and flower shop; Clef’s d’Or Concierge desk; Lady in Red customer service.
New ground floor opened in April 2013, after remodelling by MKV design. With two restaurants, two bars, two lounges.
Ten Rooms redesigned event area was introduced in April 2017, and the room and suite renovation project started at the beginning of 2018 and 2019 (five guest floors finished).
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest offers remarkable culinary attractions in its Gastronomic Quarter Downtown Budapest – featuring two restaurants, two bars and coffee house and a deli: ÉS Bisztró, Nobu, Blue Fox The Bar, The Living Room and ÉS Deli.
All ways lead you to Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest, located in the very heart of Budapest, on Fashion-street, close to the financial district and all the city’s major attractions.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Chain Bridge
The capital’s first bridge monument, with decorative lights at night and the Buda Castle in the background, is a fascinating spectacle and has already attracted many tourists to Budapest.
• St. Stephen’s Basilica
It is the largest church in Budapest, the dome of which can be seen from all points in the city. It was built between 1851 and 1905. The Classicist basilica houses Hungary’s most sacred relic: the Holy Right, which is the mummified right hand of St. Stephen, after whom the basilica was named.
• Budapest Spas
Budapest is the city of spas. The Széchenyi Bath, which has a very prestigious position on the list of Budapest sights, is not only the largest bath complex in Europe with its 15 pools, but also the most pleasant bath in the capital.
In its boldly contemporary, generously spacious building, it offers 351 elegant rooms, including 35 chic suites with spacious bathrooms, a high-tech infotainment system and free Wi-Fi Internet access, and is fully air-conditioned.
Business and leisure travellers alike will love the well-appointed, light-filled guest rooms. Amenities in all rooms and suites include air-conditioning, complimentary Wi-Fi, a high-tech infotainment system, smart LED TV offering a choice of satellite channels, and 24-hour in-room dining that also features Nobu signature dishes.
• 69 Premium Superior rooms: recently refreshed, with city, street or courtyard view, size: 23-32 sq m
• 53 Deluxe rooms: connecting rooms available, with city view: park, street or courtyard view, size: 23-35 sq m and deluxe twin room 32-35 sq m.
• 156 Premium Deluxe rooms: recently refreshed, connecting rooms available, with city view: park, street or courtyard view, size: 23-35 sq m and 32 – 35 sq m twin room.
• 3 Grand Deluxe rooms: with city view: park, street or courtyard view, size: 35-43 sq m
• 33 Premium Grand Deluxe rooms: completely redesigned in 2018, with city view: park, street or courtyard view, size: 35-43 sq m
• 2 Junior Suites: 45-65 sq m, Bedroom & living room area
• 15 Premium Junior Suites: completely redesigned in 2018 with city view: park, street or courtyard view, size: 45-65 sq m
• 7 Parlour Suites: 58- 64 sq m, Separate bedroom & living room
• 6 Executive Suites: completely redesigned, 57 sq m, Bedroom & living room area
• 3 Corvinus Collection: The elegant flair of all three suites offers contemporary accents, meeting the needs of the discerning traveller, business and leisure. 95-124 sq m.
• 2 Corvinus Collection Suites 730 and 830: completely redesigned, both in a similar style, and both offering additional function and luxury with their respective adjoining Junior Suite. 104 sq m.
• 1 Presidential Suite Deák: offers elegance, space and comfort, featuring lavish furnishing, including Hungarian art work from the Corvinus Collection. Located on the top floor, Presidential Suite Deák – art deco style – has wonderful views of the city. 172 sq m.
• 1 Royal Suite Corvinus: Located on the top floor, the Royal Suite Corvinus offers wonderful views of the city in unique and unparalleled elegance, space and comfort. 189 sq m.
Restaurants & Bars
• ÉS Bisztró
Open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and any time in between and offers a modern, casual and design-driven brasserie ambiance. Diners can also enjoy a summer terrace that stretches out onto Fashion Street. ÉS, Hungarian for “and”, encourages diners to re-think the traditional sequence of courses and serves contemporary Hungarian-Viennese dishes.
• Nobu Budapest
Nobuyuki Matsuhisa’s New Style Japanese cuisine in Budapest, where head chef, Gábor Schreiner, combines the Japanese-Peruvian taste with Hungarian ingredients. The Nobu restaurants offer world famous and special signature dishes, like Yellowtail Sashimi with Jalapeno, Tuna Sashimi Salad with Matsuhisa Dressing and Black Cod in Miso.
• Blue Fox The Bar
A local yet cosmopolitan bar that mixes its classic cocktails right and has a masterful and innovative sense of flair with flavours. Special treats include a DJ – or live performances every Friday and Saturday.
• The Living Room
The Hungarian Coffee House 2.0. This is Budapest’s inimitable coffee house culture reloaded, offering rich coffees, fine teas, freshly baked strudel, an unabashedly pleasure-seeking cake selection and pink champagne.
Kempinski The Spa: a journey inspired by the European seasons
• Indoor swimming pool (Pool size: 7 x 5 m large, 1.5 m deep (23 x 16.4 ft / 4.9 ft), Temperature: 27°C (80.6°F)
• Finnish and aroma saunas
• Steam bath
• Gym with latest Technogym Artis fitness technology
• Kneipp-bench Tepidarium
• Wide ranges of massages and treatments with Elemental Herbology Products
Corporate & Celebration Events
Two ballrooms, including ten section rooms, all with natural daylight
• 10 variable meeting rooms for up to 450 theatre style with daylight
• The Kitchen – the ultimate event location
• Unique foyer with daylight
• Free Wi-Fi
• Wired internet
• State-of-the-art technology
• “Talk of the Town” Catering at local and international venues
• Creative banquet team
• Car display possibilities
Hotel and Restaurant Awards
– Condé Nast Traveler 2018 Readers’ Choice Awards – Top hotels in Central Europe #5
– TripSavvy Editors’ Choice Awards 2018 – Winner in Best Business Hotel category
– Fine Restaurants Award 2017 (Budapest Business Journal) – ÉS Bisztró – one of the best restaurants in Budapest
– Superbrands 2018 – Kempinski
– Business Excellence 2017 – The best business hotel in Budapest by Business Traveller Hungary
– World Travel Awards 2017 – Hungary’s Leading Hotel & Hungary’s Leading Hotel Suite – Royal Suite
– Business Traveller UK – Best Business Hotel in Eastern Europe 2017
– Condé Nast Traveler – 2017 Readers’ Choice Awards.
Best of Budapest & Hungary –
– Best 5-star hotels 2017
– The Kitchen Caters – Best catering services 2017
– ÉS – Best Hungarian restaurants 2017
– Stephan Interthal – Hotelier of the Year 2017
– The Kitchen Caters – Best catering services 2016
– ÉS – Best Hungarian Restaurants 2016
– Awarded by Best of Budapest & Hungary (amongst the best 5-star hotels 2016)
– Hotel of the year 2015 (by Hungarian Hotel and Restaurant Association)
– Best conference categories 2015 (awarded by Best of Budapest)
– Best catering services 2015
– ÉS – Best Hungarian Restaurants 2015
– Best Sunday Brunch 2015
– Gold Badge award winner (by U.S. News & World Report 2016-2017, Best Hotels in Europe)
– Luxury Hotel of the Year (by LuxuryTravel Guide) in 2015
– Top 25 hotels in Central Europe 2015 #10(by CondeNast Traveler Readers Choice Awards)
Number of employees