Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest
Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest
1051-Budapest, Erzsebet ter 7-8.
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
5 Star Luxury
Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest
History & Story
Built in the very heart of and alongside the city’s monarchical best, and opened in 1992, Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest adds bold modernity to downtown Budapest. The recently reconstructed and revamped ground floor creates an inspired design statement. It embodies the very essence of the Kempinski experience, focused on the four pillars of its ethos – beauty, gourmet, culture and savoir-vivre. The hotel also collects and owns a rare collection of mostly contemporary Hungarian art, and manages its own exhibition space on the first floor. Kempinski Gallery hosts temporary guest exhibitions and is the only venue to be open to the public round-the-clock.
New grondfloor opened in April 2013, after 6 month remodelling by MKV design. With 2 restaurants, 2 bars, 2 lounges.
Guests are welcome with a modern 21st century spectacular design, led walls, a special backlighting balustrade in Art Nouveau style. With a separate seated area for our concierge desk and lady in red.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest offers remarkable culinary attractions in its Gastronomic Quarter Downtown Budapest – featuring two restaurants, two bars and coffee house and a deli: ÉS Bisztró, Nobu, Blue Fox The Bar, The Living Room and ÉS Deli.
All ways leads you to Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest, located in the very heart of Budapest, on Fashion street, close to the financial district and all the city’s major attractions.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Chain Bridge
The capital’s first bridge monument, with decorative lights at night and the Buda Castle in the background, is a fascinating spectacle and has already attracted many tourists to Budapest.
• St. Stephen’s Basilica
It is the largest church in Budapest, the dome of which can be seen from all points in the city. It was built between 1851 and 1905. The Classicist basilica houses Hungary’s most sacred relic: the Holy Right, which is the mummified right hand of St. Stephen, after whom the basilica was named.
• Budapest Spas
Budapest is the city of spas. The Széchenyi Bath, which has a very prestigious position on the list of Budapest sights, is not only the largest bath complex in Europe with its 15 pools, but also the most pleasant bath in the capital.
In its boldly contemporary, generously spacious building it offers 349 elegant rooms, including 33 chic suites with spacious bathrooms, high-tech infotainment system, free WIFI internet access, fully air-conditioned.
Business and leisure travellers alike will love the well-appointed, light-filled guest rooms, which are the largest, on average, in the city. Amenities in all 316 rooms and 33 suites include air-conditioning, complimentary Wi-Fi, a high-tech infotainment system, a 32” LCD TV offering a choice of 58 satellite channels and 24-hour in-room dining that features Nobu signature dishes.
• 68 Superior rooms : with city, street or courtyard view, size: 28-32 sqm
• 208 Deluxe rooms : connecting rooms available, with city view: park, street or courtyard view, size: 32-35 sqm
• 40 Grand Deluxe rooms :
• 17 Junior Suites : 43-65 sqm Bedroom & living room area
• 7 Parlour Suites : 58-64 sqm Separate bedroom& living room
• 2 Executive Suites : 57 sqm Bedroom & living room area
• 5 Corvinus Collection : Make an impression. Put the solid table to good use and hold a private dinner in the suite of “Corvinus Suite Collection”. The elegant flair of all five suites boasts contemporary accents, with the needs of the discerning traveler, business and leisure, promptly served.
• 1 Presidential Suite Deák : The Presidential Suite “Deák” of Kempinski Hotel Corvinus in Budapest offers elegance, space and comfort, featuring lavish furnishing, including Hungarian art work from the Corvinus Collection. Located on the top floor, Presidential Suite Deak – art deco style- have wonderful views of the city.
• Royal Suite Corvinus : Watch city life pass by at the height of luxury in the Royal Suite Corvinus at Kempinski Hotel Budapest. Located on the top floor, the Royal Suite Corvinus offers wonderful views of the city in unique and unparalleled elegance, space and comfort.
Restaurants & Bars
• ÉS Bisztró
Open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and any time in between and offers a modern, casual and design-driven brasserie ambiance. Diners can also enjoy a summer terrace that stretches out onto Fashion Street. ÉS, Hungarian for “and”, encourages diners to re-think the traditional sequence of courses and serves contemporary Hungarian-Viennese dishes.
• Nobu Budapest
Nobuyuki Matsuhisa’s New Style Japanese cuisine in Budapest, where head chef, Gábor Schreiner, combines the Japanese-Peruvian taste with Hungarian ingredients. The Nobu restaurants offer world famous and special signature dishes, like Yellowtail Sashimi with Jalapeno, Tuna Sashimi Salad with Matsuhisa Dressing and Black Cod in Miso.
• Blue Fox The Bar
A local yet cosmopolitan bar that mixes its classic cocktails right and has a masterful and innovative sense of flair with flavours. Special treats include a DJ – or live performances every Friday and Saturday.
• The Living Room
The Hungarian Coffee House 2.0. This is Budapest’s inimitable coffee house culture reloaded, offering rich coffees, fine teas, freshly baked strudel, an unabashedly pleasure-seeking cake selection and pink champagne.
Kempinski The Spa
A journey inspired by the European seasons
• Indoor swimming pool (Pool size: 7 x 5 m large, 1.5 m deep (23 x 16.4 ft / 4.9 ft), Temperature: 27°C (80.6°F)
• Finnish and aroma saunas
• Steam bath
• Gym with latest Technogym Artis fitness technology
• Wide ranges of massages and treatments with Elemental Herbology Products
Corporate & Celebration Events
Two ballrooms, including ten section rooms, all with natural daylight
• 10 variable meeting rooms for up to 450 theatre style with daylight
• The Kitchen – the ultimate event location
• Unique foyer with daylight
• Free Wi-Fi
• Wired internet
• State-of-the-art technology
• “Talk of the Town” Catering at local and international venues
• Creative banquet team
• Car display possibilities
Hotel and restaurant Awards
– The Kitchen Caters – Best catering services 2016
– ÉS – Best Hungarian Restaurants 2016
– Awarded by Best of Budapest & Hungary (amongst the best 5 star hotels 2016)
– Hotel of the year 2015 (by Hungarian Hotel and Restaurant Association)
– Best conference categories 2015 (awarded by Best of Budapest)
– Best catering services 2015
– ÉS – Best Hungarian Restaurants 2015
– Best Sunday Brunch 2015
– Gold Badge award winner (by U.S. News & World Report 2016-2017, Best Hotels in Europe)
– Luxury Hotel of the Year (by LuxuryTravel Guide) in 2015
– Top 25 hotels in Central Europe 2015 #10(by CondeNast Traveler Readers Choice Awards)
Number of employees