Kempinski Hotel Das Tirol Austria
Kempinski Hotel Das Tirol
Kitzbueheler Strasse 48, 6373 Jochberg
Owners Group – PORR AG, UBM Development AG, WARIMPEX Finanz- und Beteiligungs AG.
Date of Creation
Built 2009 operated by another hotel group – renewed and reopened by Kempinski in 2011.
Hotel General Manager
5-star superior Luxury hotel
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe’s oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
KEMPINSKI HOTEL DAS TIROL
History & Story
Opened in December 2011 as the first Kempinski Hotel in Austria – taken over from former The Royal Spa Kitzbühel. .A unique blend of lifestyle, Tyrolean originality, and warmth, of sportiness and recreation, turns the Kempinski Hotel Das Tirol into a special location in the Kitzbühel Alps.
Summer / autumn 2011- 3 months renewal after takeover – Reopening December 2011.
Soft redesign of rooms and public area – Redesign of facade.
Remodelling of outside and interior : Herbert Günther Immobilienentwicklung GmbH.
Date added extensions
No extensions added.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Combination of modern luxury and Tyrolean charm as well as the unique location next to the ski slopes – ski-in and ski-out à la KempinSKI.
The Gamsstadt Kitzbühel is situated in the middle of the Kitzbühel Alps, between the Kitzbühel Horn and the Hahnenkamm. With a great variety of leisure activities and many well-known events, Kitzbühel is the number one holiday destination in Tyrol. In Kitzbühel traditional Tyrolean charm meets glamour.
Key sites/activities in the area
A vast variety of leisure activities and events make Kitzbühel the perfect holiday destination in Tyrol – during both, Summer and Winter.
• Hahnenkamm / Streif slope – sight of famous ski world cup « Hahnenkamm Race »
• Four golf courses located in Kitzbühel and 30 courses located within a 100 km make the area the golfing centre of the Alps.
• More than 1,000 kilometers of hiking paths in a large variety of difficulty levels await hikers. Hiking in the snow-covered landscape of the Kitzbühel Alps is a fascinating experience.
• Kempinski Kids Club from the age of 3
• Spacious, child-friendly surroundings,
• Healthy snacks and meals on request,
• Doll corner with play kitchen, shop, post office and puppet theatre,
• Costume corner with pirate, Indian, cowboy, princess costumes,
• Building corner (Lego, FisherPrice, Playmobil, Brio railway).
• 74 Superior Double Rooms with Mountain / Valley view, 36 sqm, balcony, separate bathtub and shower,
• 44 Deluxe Double Room with Mountain view, 36 sqm, balcony, separate bathtub and shower,
• 5 Classic Junior Suite with Mountain view, 44 sqm, balcony, pull-out couch, separate bathtub and shower,
• 8 Deluxe Junior Suite with Mountain view, 55 sqm, balcony, pull-out couch, separate bathtub and shower, walk-in closet,
• 9 Deluxe Suite with Mountain view, 70 sqm, balcony, pull-out couch, separate bathtub and shower, living room, open fire place, walk-in closet, kitchenette,
• 3 Family Suite with Mountain view, 88 sqm, balcony, pull-out couch, separate bathtub and shower, living room, 2 bedrooms, open fire place, walk-in closet, kitchenette,
• 3 Jochberg Suite with Mountain view, 150 sqm, balcony, separate bathtub and shower, living room, 1 bedroom, open fire place, kitchen, modern alpine design,
• 7 Tirol Suite with Mountain view, 220 sqm, balcony, 2 bathrooms, separate bathtub and shower, living room, 3 bedrooms, open fire place, kitchen, modern alpine design,
• 1 Penthouse Suite with 360° view, 500 sqm, 520 sqm balcony and terrasse, 4 bathrooms, separate bathtub and shower, living room, 5 bedrooms, open fire place, kitchen, modern alpine design, Austrias largest suite.
Restaurants & Bars
Executive Chef Mr. Caspar Bork
Perfect combination of culinary delights and regional classics
• Restaurant Steinberg
Tyrolean Cuisine with Mediterranean influence
inclusive of halfboard plan and breaktfast from 7AM to 12 PM
• Restaurant Sra Bua by Frank Heppner
Euro-Asian cuisine (“Asia meets Tyrol”) – half board split can be used for deduction of bill
• Rubin Bar
The right drink for every taste.
• Mountain Health Bar
Homemade iced-tea variations accompany perfect pool snacks
• Piazza – il firenzini café
Range of sweet temptations and delights, rounded off by antipasti and wines from the Florence region.
Open only during the winter season
Signature Dish: Lamb Stew
• 3600 sqm Kempinski The Spa,
• 2 Outside Pools (heated and one salt water), 1 Inside Pool heated,
• 12 treatment rooms & 3 private Spa suites,
• Professionally equipped gym, different saunas and « Mountain Health Bar ».
Corporate & Celebration Events
The hotel offers space for up to 420 persons in six multifunctional, daylight flooded conference rooms with an overall area of 546 sqm in conference space,
Meeting Rooms Aurum, Argentum, Platinum, Ferrum, Fondue Stube 1 & 2, Foyer or Penthouse Suite as an exclusive site for events,
Possibility of Car- or large product launches.
Extra Notable Features
• Ski in & Ski Out facilities,
• Sports Shop for Rental and Buying of equipment,
• 2 Private Dining Rooms (Fondue Stuben),
• 4 Golf courses within 30 km.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• 2014 Spa Diamond Award,
• Award of Excellence booking.com – 9.2/10,
• Certificate of Excellence TripAdvisor – 4.5 / 5,
• Falstaff – One of the best restaurants in Tyrol – Sra Bua by Frank Heppner,
• Recommended on HolidayCheck – 5.6/6.
• Award of Excellence booking.com,
• Certificate of Excellence TripAdvisor,
• Recommended on HolidayCheck.
Number of employees