Omesberg 331, A – 6764 Lech
Ms. Gertrud Schneider and Mrs. Irmgard Schneider
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Ms. Gertrud Schneider ,born and bred Austrian, life long winter resident of Lech, Hotel addict and avid skier.
Follower of the sunshine and art collector. Member of the International board of directors of Small Luxury Hotels of the World since 2008, Managing Director and owner of Kristiania Lech, president of KUL art club.
Luxury ski retreat, 5 star, Member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World
Enhance service quality ,add a « Badehaus », add approx 6 more suites or 11 rooms in summer 2018 Open for summer season from 2019 on.
History & Story
A chocolate-box Chalet with stunning views over the village the Kristiania Lech, more a private residence than a hotel, specializing in under stated luxury and customized service with an unbeatable attention to detail, Contemporary works of art change with the season and mingle with antiques and warm rich tones to stimulate the senses, rooms and suites are quirky and unique with each designed around a different theme according to Gertrud Schneiders lifestyle. Chefs excel in delivering refined cuisine with roots in Austrian heritage, complimented by a stellar wine cellar. Outside, guest are cosseted under duvets by day and fur blankets at night on terrace loungers and served vin chaud on side tables made of old skis that are objects d’art. It’s about fun, it’s original and it’s about home.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Truly memorable and bespoke service with curated experiences, number of very private concierge and butler services that give our guests the ultimate ski vacation experience. Eg. Picnic in the snow, reading butler, cinema under the stars, star gazing…
Lech, the birthplace of Alpine skiing, world’s best-known skiing regions the natural landscape and the character of the village set Lech apart from most other ski resorts today.
Key sites/activities in the area
Winter sport activities from skiing to ice skating and dear watching.
Hotel is founded as a private lodge by Austria’s first alpine Olympic Champion, Othmar Schneider.
Legendary skier meets art collectoratmospherewith a little bit of rock star…. New luxury ski chalet House Hannes Schneider Stuben, childhood home of Hannes Schneider (not related) father of modern time skiing, can be booked on a excuslive basis
Children are welcome during children holidays otherwise adults only. Children bed linens and amenities as well as Ski nanny service or children cooking or cocktail making classes.
• Number of suites:
2 Junior Suites Deluxe
3 Junior Suites Superior
5 Suites Deluxe
3 Suites Superior
1 Penthouse Suite
1 luxury Private Chalet (House Hannes Schneider Stuben (6 master bed rooms, 1 Nanny Room)
•Number of Luxury rooms:
30 rooms in total
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all:
30 rooms in total
Restaurants & Bars
• Kristiania Classic:
Austrian cuisine – half-board or à-la-carte (restaurant nametba)
• Kaminzimmer (with an open fireside):
Raclette and/or Fondue – à-la-carte
• Rote Bar :
Snacks (i.e. burgers, salads) – à-la-carte
• Small in-house private spa with finish sauna.
• New spa opening in December 2019.
• Complimentary membership in a state of the art spa in Lech including outside pool.
• Swimming pool and gym opening in December 2019.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Possibility of hotel-exclusive booking for corporates and families.
• Birthday or company celebration events at the hotel or art talks exclusively a tour cozy Kaminzimmer.
• Tanz café Arlberg : jazz/soul/blues band playingatour Rote Bar.
• Contempory classic music evening in January and outdoor art installations and writers in residence programme.
Extra Notable Features
• Picnic-in-the-snow (tailor made upon demand), breakfast-in-the-snow.
• Star-gazing, deer-watching.
• Outdoor cinema with selected movies & finger food & drinks once a month.
• Reading butler service, packing and etiquette school.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
Gault Millau 2 toques
Gault Millau 2 toques
Wine Spectator Award
Number of employees