La Meridiana Resort & Golf Italy
La Meridiana Resort & Golf
Via Ai Castelli 11, Regione San Rocco, 17033, Garlenda
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Edmondo & Alessandra Segre owners resident proprietors, involved in daily management of La Meridiana. Edmondo cares of restaurants, wine cellar and guest relation, Alessandra rules all the decors and style setting indoor-outdoor, administration & financial dept.
5 –Stars country chic, Relais & Chateaux
Our vision is simple : we want la Meridiana always update with the tastes, the technologies and services we like in our lifestyle.
LA MERIDIANA RESORT & GOLF
History & Story
La Meridiana has been designed in 1976 by Luisa Berto de Segre and the name was chosen in honour of the nearby Castello del Carretto, known as “della Meridiana”. Doors opened to guests in 1978 and immediately joined the prestigious Relais & Chateaux chain. The house was tailor made built with massive use of local materials, under the local-Provence style influence with large arches and canopies, stone walls, antique tile roofs, warm and bright colours.
As family owned hotel, Family Segre invests yearly economical resources for renovations and technology improvement.
Date added extensions
Season 2018 opening of « Cottage » : separated by main building, at only two minutes walking distance from lobby, restaurant and breakfast room. Individual one-bedroom suite , with living room, bedroom with large bed, bathroom equipped of bathtub and separated walk-in shower. Large terrace overlooking the pool and the garden.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Every decision we make–they’re all driven by a common goal to offer « your home away from home » . We all are maniacally focused to experience and to preserve flavours, colours and tastes of our wonderful land
North West, Italian Riviera. Just halfway from Montecarlo and Portofino, surrounded by 18 holes Golf Course.
Key sites/activities in the area
• 4 miles : Alassio and Laigueglia with sandy beaches, water sport activities and also private beach establishment allowing 4-paws friends
• 5,5 miles : Albenga and its historical centre, Roman promenade Iulia Augusta, the rich productions of top 4- local masterpieces vegetables.
• 9 miles : Borgio-Verezzi, Finalborgo, Varigotti and Noli , amazing villages overlooking the sea
• 8 miles : Zuccarello, Castelbianco, Balestrino, authentic Ligurian-style hinterland villages
• 18 miles : Cervo, its picturesque corners and the International Chamber Music Festival
• Stress-free zone
• La Meridiana private beach: daily service (summertime) with roundtrip to Alassio by private navette, to relax in a private beach with La Meridiana beach-set (hotel beach towels, sun care lotion) .
• 4-paws program dedicated room to welcome furry friends, special welcome & dog’s bed at arrival timetime.
• Family Apartment / Family Junior Suite are the accommodation to host family up to 4 people in. The rooms are equipped by large bed bedroom for parents, bathroom with bath-tube and separated walk-in shower , living room and roomette with bunk beds. For bigger family possibility of interconnecting accommodations. Children 0-3 years old : baby-bed at their disposal (subject to charge)
• Dedicated menu and homemade meal for infant and children, early-dinner required , baby sitting service upon request , “Welcome-child-kit” with colouring book and set of crayons. Handy highchairs at disposal.
• N° 10 double rooms composed by
• N° 2 Classic rooms ( around 28 sqm) basic accommodation twin bedded equipped , view overlooking garden and pool
• N° 8 Superior rooms (around 30sqm) large bed or twin beds, most of them overlooking pool & garden and balcony equipped
• N° 12 Junior Suite ( from 40 to 45 sqm) , most of them overlooking pool & garden and balcony/terrace equipped or direct access to the garden.
• n°2 Deluxe Suite ( 60 smq , open space) scenic fireplace, 4 poster-bed, two bathrooms areas, balcony overlooking the pool.
• n° 1 Executive Suite (100 sqm) two balconies (one overlooking pool and garden, one overlooking the hills and the wood)two bathrooms (one with huge bath tube ) and one single roomette.
All accommodations are equipped by individual air condition system, free wi-fi, minibar, private safe, chemical free courtesy amenities. Rooms at first and second floor with fitted carpet in prized English wool, ground floor accommodation with stone tiles
• N°1 Master Suite Cottage – depandance, one bedroom suite of around 55 sqm, with large bed, comfortable bathroom and big terrace overlooking the swimming pool. Secluding accommodation, suitable also for travelers with 4-paws friends
Restaurants & Bars
Gourmet Restaurant « il Rosmarino » : ideal place to enjoy authentic Ligurian cuisine. Open only for dinner, cosy and warm setting with white linen tablecloths and personal touch in all the details like ancient silverware, nineteenth century paintings and delightful floral compositions. Every evening new proposition and courses according “ daily market” with fresh local ingredients. Edmondo Segre personally welcome guests with wine suggestion from his huge Italian wine collection. In summer time al fresco table in our Patio, surrounded by blooming garden.
Regional Restaurant “Il Bistrot” : informal and convivial, “Il Bistrot” is the place for a quick lunch in an easy setting tasting traditional Ligurian flavours. In summertime at pool side at “La Piscina” , to enjoy a delicious lunch with à la carte menu, choosing from hot and cold dishes, salads and various specialities
Bar Toffee’s Corner : let’s take advise from Franco Birocchi, La Meridiana bartender for over twenty-five years, discover classical cocktails as well as rare selection of spirits, grappa, whiskeys and cognacs.
• Outdoor Swimming pool with a hot tub and a brook, featuring a waterfall flowing off the rocks, offers our guests the chance to do a bit of exercise or simply relax in peaceful and harmonious atmosphere.
• Private room for massage with professional masseuse or beauty treatment (upon request), sauna.
• Mountain bikes free of charge at disposal of our guests, with suggested trials.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• White Room up to 10 people , in private room with oval table for convivial and exclusively limited meeting
• Green Room up to 60 people theatre style setting
• Red Room up to 30 people, theatre style setting
• Restaurant celebration : up to 120 people between inside and outside patio
Extra Notable Features
• On Site : Golf at Golf Club Garlenda, 18 holes championship Golf Course (Golf Buggies at la Meridiana)
• On Site : private helipad, landing service and info available
• On Site : pesto show cooking demonstration
• 0,5 miles : horse riding school
• 5 miles clay tennis Club in English style
Hotel and restaurant Awards
– Proud member of Traveller Made from 2016
– Riso Gallo guide include in the “100 best risotto of the world”
– Gatti Massobrio Guide awarded the distinction “ Top 30 restaurants in Italy for local food with fresh ingredients from the territory”- Member of Relais & Chateaux since 1978
– Awarded the distinction of “ 3 Red Turrets” by Michelin Guide (since 1981)
– Awarded the distinction of “Three Golden Keys” by Gambero Rosso Guide (since 1997)
Number of employees
Starting from 25 people.