Castiglione della Pescaia, Italy
58043 Castiglione della Pescaia (GR) – Italy
Carmen Moretti de Rosa, Vice Chairman of the Terra Moretti Group and Managing Director of the Resort division had dreamed of developing a hotel complex dedicated to satisfying the whims of its guests, to maximising free time and to the art of living since childhood. Travelling with her parents, she had been enchanted by similarly charming homes where every last detail, from the décor to service, from the landscape to the cooking made her feel as welcome and important as when visiting her friends’ houses.
This is what L’Andana is all about and why we are a member of The Leading Hotels of the World since our opening in 2004.
History & Story
L’Andana is nestled on a stunningly beautiful countryside estate chosen by the Great Duke of Tuscany Leopold II of Lorraine as his permanent residence. He fell in love with the area and decided to transform it in a vibrant “borgo” (lit. very small village). The villa’s Medicean traits are still clearly visible. In 1800 the Grand Duke started a major land reclamation of the Tuscan Maremma marshes which had been discarded since the late Roman times. That reclamation of the lands turned the marshes into a nature paradise where farms and holdings could be started off thus boosting the agricultural development of the area. Tenuta La Badiola has since then changed owners and underwent many changes, but its identity and beauty remained untouched ever since. The Moretti family bought the core of Tenuta La Badiola and its main farm Fattoria dell’Acquagiusta in 2000. L’Andana opened in 2004.
Our special touch is the one Michelin star and only Alain Ducasse restaurant in Italy.
L’Andana is located in Italy‘s stunning Maremma region, celebrated for its lush Tuscan countryside that stretches to the Tyrrhenian Sea. This refined resort is situated 5km from the beach of Castiglione della Pescaia, near Chianti and Siena, amid the vineyards and olive groves of Tenuta La Badiola estate.
The special cooperation between ESPA and Alain Ducasse, gives life, for the first time, to the entirely new concept of Gourmand Spa, where wellbeing takes taste into account. Many treatments are concocted with products grown in the estate (olive oil, lemon, rosemary…).
Maty’s Club, the Kids’ Club of L’Andana, is a place of pure fun, created to welcome children aged 3 and above. A world of games and special activities will treat your children to an unforgettable experience. Open every day, reservation in advance is required.
• 2 Superior rooms with king or twin beds. Bathroom with bath and shower. Garden view
• 13 Deluxe rooms with king or twin beds. Bathroom with bath and shower. Garden view
• 5 Deluxe rooms with mezzanine with kingsize bed. Bathroom with bath and shower. Garden view
• 6 Junior suites with kingsize bed. Fireplace. Bathroom with bath and shower. Vineyards and olive groves view
• 2 Superior suites with kingsize bed. Fireplace. Living room. Bathroom with bath and shower. Vineyards and olive groves view
• 5 Prestige suites with kingsize bed. Fireplace. Living room. Bathroom with bath and shower. Vineyards and olive groves view
Click here for more about L’Andana accomodation
Restaurants, Bars & Stars
• Trattoria Toscana – The Alain Ducasse restaurant opened in 2005 in the renovated old barn and horse stable of the estate. The exclusive dishes of the famous French Chef’s cookery school are served in the “Trattoria Toscana” which was awarded a prestigious Michelin Star in 2007. It is a contemporary hostelry, where Alain Ducasse offers his guests refined tasty dishes and typical Tuscan recipes
• La Villa – The kitchen of La Villa has the cosy, informal atmosphere of a domestic kitchen and leads to an intimate dining room with a pretty stone fireplace and, from there, to a superb veranda overlooking the park, the chapel and the crystal-clear water of a romantic swimming pool nestled among cypresses and maritime pines. Breakfast at L’Andana is an experience that no one can forget. La Villa also serves delicious lunches and dinners, from a menu that varies with the season. The dishes are prepared by the same team as those at Trattoria Toscana.
The treatments proposed at the ESPA at L’Andana are the result of lengthy research into the most effective techniques used in various parts of the world and focus on a holistic and personal dimension of wellbeing. All the products used bear the ESPA trademark and contain essential oils, plant extracts and sea salts, which in combination with aromatherapy, thalossotherapy and phytotherapy produce evident benefits for the face, body and soul, restoring a correct equilibrium for all your five senses.
L’Andana wellness centre features
• Vitality swimming pool with sea salt,
• Water massage and waterfalls,
• Indoor heated swimming pool,
• Sauna and a steam room with aromatherapy and chromotherapy
• Gym fully equipped with Technogym
Corporate and celebration events
Deep in the heart of a landscape of surprising beauty and strategically located a short drive from the main towns of central and northern Italy, L’Andana Tenuta La Badiola is the ideal setting for business events, work meetings, weddings and receptions in great style, offering refined elegance, impeccable service and excellent cuisine by master Chef Alain Ducasse.
Three separate rooms are available, all situated in what was once the ancient granary at the residence of Grand Duke Leopold II of Tuscany, which has been tastefully renovated to add functionality to beauty. Thanks to its fascination, the enchanting natural environment and the intimate little chapel where Holy Mass is held each Sunday, L’Andana is the ideal location for events of personal significance.
Our qualified staff will help you organise the event with skill and discretion. They can recommend what is best for you in terms of floral decorations, items from Alain Ducasse’s menu, seating arrangements and the music you wish to accompany the event.
Hotel and Restaurants Award
• 2014 – Best Countryside Hotel Award for Excellence, by Condé Nast Johansens.