Castiglione della Pescaia, Italy
58043 Castiglione della Pescaia (GR) – Italy
Carmen Moretti de Rosa, Vice Chairman of the Terra Moretti Group and Managing Director of the Resort division had dreamed of developing a hotel complex dedicated to satisfying the whims of its guests, to maximising free time and to the art of living since childhood. Travelling with her parents, she had been enchanted by similarly charming homes where every last detail, from the décor to service, from the landscape to the cooking made her feel as welcome and important as when visiting her friends’ houses.
This is what L’Andana is all about and why we are a member of The Leading Hotels of the World since our opening in 2004.
History & Story
L’Andana is nestled on a stunningly beautiful countryside estate chosen by the Great Duke of Tuscany Leopold II of Lorraine as his permanent residence. He fell in love with the area and decided to transform it in a vibrant “borgo” (lit. very small village). The villa’s Medicean traits are still clearly visible. In 1800 the Grand Duke started a major land reclamation of the Tuscan Maremma marshes which had been discarded since the late Roman times. That reclamation of the lands turned the marshes into a nature paradise where farms and holdings could be started off thus boosting the agricultural development of the area. Tenuta La Badiola has since then changed owners and underwent many changes, but its identity and beauty remained untouched ever since. The Moretti family bought the core of Tenuta La Badiola and its main farm Fattoria dell’Acquagiusta in 2000. L’Andana opened in 2004.
After 11 years, in 2016, at the end of the experience alongside Alain Ducasse , Carmen Moretti and Martino de Rosa begin an exciting new project with the young and starred Chef Enrico Bartolini, that will make L’Andana even more Italian, even more Tuscan.
L’Andana is located in Italy‘s stunning Maremma region, celebrated for its lush Tuscan countryside that stretches to the Tyrrhenian Sea. This refined resort is situated 5km from the beach of Castiglione della Pescaia, near Chianti and Siena, amid the vineyards and olive groves of Tenuta La Badiola estate.
The special cooperation between ESPA and L’Andana, gives life, for the first time, to the entirely new concept of Gourmand Spa, where wellbeing takes taste into account. Many treatments are concocted with products grown in the estate (olive oil, lemon, rosemary…).
Maty’s Club, the Kids’ Club of L’Andana, is a place of pure fun, created to welcome children aged 3 and above. A world of games and special activities will treat your children to an unforgettable experience. Open every day, reservation in advance is required.
• 2 Superior rooms with king or twin beds. Bathroom with bath and shower. Garden view
• 13 Deluxe rooms with king or twin beds. Bathroom with bath and shower. Garden view
• 5 Deluxe rooms with mezzanine with kingsize bed. Bathroom with bath and shower. Garden view
• 6 Junior suites with kingsize bed. Fireplace. Bathroom with bath and shower. Vineyards and olive groves view
• 2 Superior suites with kingsize bed. Fireplace. Living room. Bathroom with bath and shower. Vineyards and olive groves view
• 5 Prestige suites with kingsize bed. Fireplace. Living room. Bathroom with bath and shower. Vineyards and olive groves view
Click here for more about L’Andana accomodation
Restaurants, Bars & Stars
• La Trattoria Enrico Bartolini
Located in what used to be the ancient granary of Grand Duke Leopold II of Lorraine, La Trattoria Enrico Bartolini is a sort of contemporary hostelry, a simple meeting place, where you will find the genuineness of local products, with a rigorous respect for Tuscan cuisine and the culinary philosophy “Contemporary Classic” by chef Enrico Bartolini, together with the executive chef Marco Ortolani, according to which the values of the past and present merge together to create a brand new and original flavor. The rooms inside the old granary and its location enhance the experience of dining out, with vast windows overlooking the Mediterranean macchia and vineyards, kitchen equipment on display and a wood oven heralding the kind of menu on offer. Even the cellar is open to view, displaying about 150 labels, including wines made in the cellars belonging to the Moretti family – Petra and Tenuta La Badiola – the latter right adjacent to La Trattoria Enrico Bartolini.. Numerous dishes are served in terracotta bowls and clay plates, a respectful tribute to local tradition.
• La Villa – The kitchen of La Villa has the cosy, informal atmosphere of a domestic kitchen and leads to an intimate dining room with a pretty stone fireplace and, from there, to a superb veranda overlooking the park, the chapel and the crystal-clear water of a romantic swimming pool nestled among cypresses and maritime pines. Breakfast at L’Andana is an experience that no one can forget. La Villa also serves delicious lunches and dinners, from a menu that varies with the season. The dishes are prepared by the same team as those at La Trattoria Enrico Bartolini.
The treatments proposed at the ESPA at L’Andana are the result of lengthy research into the most effective techniques used in various parts of the world and focus on a holistic and personal dimension of wellbeing. All the products used bear the ESPA trademark and contain essential oils, plant extracts and sea salts, which in combination with aromatherapy, thalossotherapy and phytotherapy produce evident benefits for the face, body and soul, restoring a correct equilibrium for all your five senses.
L’Andana wellness centre features
• Vitality swimming pool with sea salt,
• Water massage and waterfalls,
• Indoor heated swimming pool,
• Sauna and a steam room with aromatherapy and chromotherapy
• Gym fully equipped with Technogym
Corporate and celebration events
Deep in the heart of a landscape of surprising beauty and strategically located a short drive from the main towns of central and northern Italy, L’Andana Tenuta La Badiola is the ideal setting for business events, work meetings, weddings and receptions in great style, offering refined elegance, impeccable service and excellent cuisine.
Three separate rooms are available, all situated in what was once the ancient granary at the residence of Grand Duke Leopold II of Tuscany, which has been tastefully renovated to add functionality to beauty. Thanks to its fascination, the enchanting natural environment and the intimate little chapel where Holy Mass is held each Sunday, L’Andana is the ideal location for events of personal significance.
Our qualified staff will help you organise the event with skill and discretion. They can recommend what is best for you in terms of floral decorations, items from menu, seating arrangements and the music you wish to accompany the event.
Hotel and Restaurants Award
• 2014 – Best Countryside Hotel Award for Excellence, by Condé Nast Johansens.