Le Mas de Pierre France
Le Mas de Pierre
2320 Route des Serres – 06570 Saint-Paul-de-Vence
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mrs Audrey JORGE
5-star Luxury hotel, member of Relais & Châteaux since 2009
LE MAS DE PIERRE
History & Story
In the 19th century, Pierre and Marie, the former owners, used to live here in one Provencal Bastide with their 5 children. Actually, it was the only Bastide on the field. Once their 5 children left home, Pierre and Marie decided to turn the family house into a cozy bed and breakfast for the tourists visiting Saint Paul.
In the respect of hospitality given to this place, when the owner bought the field, he naturally built a hotel: Le Mas de Pierre and the name of the 5 children were given to each one of the Bastides of the hotel: Antonin, Camille, Estelle, Grégoire and Florian.
Between November 2016 and March 2017, all the rooms, suites and bathrooms were entirely renovated. Over five months, interior designer Patrick Ribes has realized a perfect match between contemporary luxury design and the authentic style of a traditional family home.
Date added extensions
In 2014, the original bastide has been entirely rebuilt to create 6 new luxury suites and a private swimming pool. This Bastide called “La Bastide des Fleurs” offers a butler service and is for adults only.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
3 hectares of authentic Mediterranean gardens.
Private arts collection in the gardens.
Just a few minute drive to the waterfront and the beach, Le Mas de Pierre is nestled at the foot of the Saint Paul de Vence ramparts, one of the most beautiful hill-top villages in France.
Proximity with Nice International Airport (12 km), Antibes (15 km), Cannes (20 km), Nice city center (15 km) and Monaco (35 km).
Key sites/activities in the area
• Saint-Paul-de-Vence: the place to be for artists since always and a land of inspiration for stars such as Picasso, Folon and Chagall. Galleries, studios and exhibitions, some even say that the entire village is an open-air museum.
• The Folon Chapel: discover the great work of the Belgian artist Jean-Michel Folon, including mosaics, stained glass, sculpture and paintings which fill the walls and the vault of the chapel.
• Maeght foundation : This art gallery set in the heart of nature, has one of the largest collections in Europe of the 20th century paintings, sculptures, drawings and graphic art, signed by artists such as Bonnard, Braque, Cadler, Chagall, Chillida, Giacometi, Léger and Miro as well as contemporary artists including Adami, Kelly, Kuroda, Monory and Tapies.
Free flying doves and budgies in the garden.
A Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead coupé and a Fiat 600 Gardena to drive you to the village of Saint-Paul-de-Vence.
Our Kids Club « La petite maison d’Alice » welcomes children from 3 to 10 years old during French school holidays. We offer activities such as pastry workshops, gardening workshops in the vegetable garden, manual activities, creative playing, sports games in the garden & and many other activities…
Situated in one of our 6 “Bastides”, the 53 rooms and suites have either a balcony or a private terrace with a view to the hills of Saint Paul de Vence and the countryside:
22 Superior rooms (average size 25 sqm)
19 Deluxe rooms (average size 35 sqm)
5 Junior Suites (average size 45 sqm)
3 Suites (average size 60 sqm)
The adults-only “Bastide des Fleurs” with its own private pool is composed of 6 Suites and offer a dedicated butler service:
4 Prestige Junior Suites (average size 40 sqm)
2 Prestige Suites (average size 55 sqm)
Restaurants & Bars
• Restaurant : La Table de Pierre
Our Chef Emanuel LEHRER combines Provencal products in an authentic cuisine in rhyme with the seasons.
In summertime the restaurant moves down to the swimming pool for lunch, where the guests can sit and enjoy a menu full of southern sunshine under the shade of the plane trees.
• Bar : La Princesse
Deep wing chairs, an open fireplace, solid wood bookshelves and deep varnished bar, all go to make up this special place designed for guests to take a few moments to relax. During summer time, enjoy your drink in our scented garden while watching the sunset.
• Spa Payot with 2 cabins with natural daylight
• Sauna, steam room & relaxing area
• Outdoor heated swimming pool and a whirlpool
• Fitness room
Corporate & Celebration Events
• 4 meeting rooms with natural daylight, high-tech audiovisual equipment and space for up to 100 people
• Large panoramic terrace overlooking Saint-Paul’s hills for coffee break
• Unique indoor and outdoor locations for your corporate or private events
• Full buy-out of the hotel on request
Extra Notable Features
• 3 hectares of Mediterranean gardens with a scented garden, an orchid greenhouse and a vegetable garden
• Petanque area at the hotel
Hotel and restaurant Awards
Number of employees