Aman Le Mélézin
Aman Le Mélézin
Rue de Bellecote
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Ms. Alexandra Vesin
5-star Luxury resort
Aman Le Mélézin
History & Story
Aman Le Mélézin is located in Courchevel 1850, one of the most fashionable ski villages in the French Alps. This four-storey, slate-roofed hotel offers ski-in, ski-out facilities directly onto the Bellecôte ski slope, as well as access to the world’s largest ski area, Les Trois Vallées. From the property’s elegant oak-panelled interior and 31 stylishly appointed suites (24 with balconies), guests can enjoy exceptional vistas of the surrounding mountains and valleys, the restaurant’s fine French cuisine and extensive après-ski facilities. The Aman Spa offers treatment rooms, a heated swimming pool and Jacuzzi, and a traditional hammam steam room.
The hotel underwent an extensive refurbishment in 2016, while still maintaining the timeless elegance and comfortable atmosphere cherished by both the Aman Le Mélézin family and its loyal guests alike.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Set on the Bellecôte ski piste, this is the ideal ski-in, ski-out property.
Aman Le Mélézin is set directly on the Bellecôte piste, perched 1,850 metres above sea level in Courchevel 1850, in the heart of Les Trois Vallées. Ski beneath snow-dusted fir trees and enjoy the village’s convivial après-ski.
Key sites/activities in the area
Courchevel provides many outdoor activities and our guests may enjoy alpine skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, ice climbing, day and night sledging, ice skating, driving on ice, snowshoeing, snow hiking, hand gliding, sealskin hikes and winter mountain climbing among others.
From hot air ballooning to scenic helicopter flights, guests may also experience the Alpine landscape, deep valleys, pastures, Vanoise National Park, Mont Blanc and various surrounding peaks from the sky.
Aman Le Mélézin’s 31 rooms (23 with balconies) open via floor-to-ceiling windows to views of mountain, forest and piste. Recently renovated and completely refurbished, they offer a restful, elegant aesthetic with oak panelling, large dressing areas and French furniture. A third person can be accommodated in all rooms except the Chambre Junior, which offers twin beds. All other rooms and suites offer king-size beds, or twin beds on request.
• 3 Chambre Junior (22 sqm) with piste and village views
• 1 Chambre Nord (26 sqm) with mountain views
• 4 Chambre Village (36 sqm) with piste and village views, and a separate living room with daybed
• 10 Chambre Ski Piste (42-44 sqm) with piste views and a south-facing balcony
• 2 Chambre Ski Piste with Hot Tub (42-44 sqm) with piste views and a private terrace with Norwegian Hot Tub
• 3 Chambre Mélézin (46 sqm) with piste and village views and south- and west-facing balconies
• 3 Family Apartment (46 sqm + 22 sqm) one Chambre Mélézin connected with one Chambre Junior
• 2 Suite Ski Piste (65 sqm) with piste views and a south-facing balcony
• 1 Suite Ski Piste with Hot Tub (65 sqm) with piste views and a private terrace with Norwegian hot tub
• 1 Suite La Vanoise (80 sqm) with spectacular views of the Vanoise mountain range and piste, a south-facing balcony and a sitting room with fireplace and daybed
• 1 Suite Le Mélézin (90 sqm) with beautiful village and piste views, a south-facing balcony and a sitting room with fireplace and daybed
Restaurants & Bars
• La Table du Mélézin: Opened for breakfast, lunch and dinner and features refined, contemporary French cuisine in an elegant manor-house setting with oak columns, bronze statuary and wall art.
• The Salon and Library: With its cosy fireplace and views to the slopes, the Salon is a popular après-ski gathering place. After sunset, guests may enjoy pre-dinner drinks here before moving through to La Table du Mélézin
• The Fumoir: An intimate and elegant smoking room with a selection of hand-made Aman cigars from the Dominican Republic.
• The Bar: Serves lunch, light refreshments and afternoon tea with spectacular village and piste views. It also offers an outside terrace with wood burners and blankets provided.
• Aman Spa: Aman Le Mélézin’s Aman Spa is the perfect place for winding down after a day’s exertion on the slopes, with a large pool and gym completing the spa facilities. It features four treatment rooms, including a Thai massage room, and offers an indulgent spa menu of facials, massages, body treatments, manicures and pedicures.
• The Swimming Pool & Gym: Aman Le Mélézin features a 14-metre pool and twin Jacuzzis set between stone columns. The gym features top Technogym equipment.