LE PETIT NICE PASSEDAT Marseille, France
LE PETIT NICE PASSEDAT
17 rue des Braves, 13007 Marseille
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
5-star Relais & Châteaux
LE PETIT NICE PASSEDAT
History & Story
Between sea and sky, a villa where you can stay and discover exceptional cuisine. Three generations of Passedat family expressed themselves here, with a very precise idea of luxury hospitality and a creative cuisine that makes no compromises. The perfect quietness of a 5 star hotel with sea views: this is the promise of happiness of Le Petit Nice.
Guestrooms renovation in 2015: Gerald Passedat wished to have rooms with pure design and open spaces. The new decoration is signed by the great architect Rudy Ricciotti.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
100km from noise and 5 min from the city center, Le Petit Nice is a seaside luxurious and hidden 5 star hotel with the only 3 Michelin-starred restaurant of Marseille. The Capital of Provence benefit from 300 sunny days per year and is easily reachable. Even by boat thanks to the hotel pontoon.
Le Petit Nice is ideally located on the sea side : 5 min from the city center with the Old port, the museums and shopping center. At only 20min by car or boat, there is the unique landscape of the Calanque National Park. Marseille is also the gateway to Provence typical villages. The hotel is 30min from the international airport and a 10min from the TGV train station of Marseille.
Key sites/activities in the area
CULTURE: visit the MuCEM, and enjoy the panorama at Notre Dame de la Garde or immerse in the scenery of the Count of Monte Cristo at the Chateau d’If. TREK : Enjoy the creeks of the Calanques National Park, in the sea or in the land with an unforgettable trek. LOCAL PRODUCT: discover great variety of products from Provence typical villages starting from wine yards and lavender fields.
Thanks to 100 years of existence, Le Petit Nice Passedat received famous guests such as the great writer Jim Harisson who has referred to Le Petit Nice in his book “Off to the Side: A Memoir” as a splendid hotel and restaurant. Gérald Passedat is keen on to nature and animals. At le Petit Nice, our guests will be warmly welcomed by the house’s French bulldog or even come across his two turtles.
Le Petit Nice welcomes families and has 2 suites with a capacity of 4 guests (+ a baby) and 2 connected rooms. Cartoons in French and English are available upon request.
• 2 Suites and 3 Junior suites :
1 loft of 95sqm, including a living room, 1 bathroom and 1 shower room.
1 family suite of 72sqm, including two rooms separated by a living room, each with its own private bathroom.
3 Junior Suites (average 52sqm) all with terrace, 1 bathroom and 1 shower room
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 16
5 executive rooms (average 33sqm) including 2 with terrace and 1 with 1 bathroom and 1 shower room
5 deluxe rooms (average 38sqm)
1 standard room with terrasse (27 sqm)
All our room have sea view.
All our prices include: Private parking, heated sea water pool, free access to internet wifi.
Restaurants & Bars
• One 3 Michelin-starred restaurant where Gerald Passedat offers a gastronomic dive, leading gradually towards the abyss « My inspiration, the Mediterranean : I plunge into the Mediterranean in every senses, it buoyes me up and inspires me »
• One gastronomic bistro, Le 1917, on the edge of the terrace to discover unique creations cocktails, and enjoy another aspect of Gérald Passedat’s cuisine.
• 3 restaurants at Le Môle Passedat MuCEM, including La Table with sea view
• The hotel has a heated sea water pool overlooking the Mediterranean sea.
• Thalassotherapy in the prestigious Château Berger 5 min walking from the Hotel
•Massage, yoga, fitness lessons with private coaching are available in the room upon request.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Our 3 Michelin-starred restaurants welcome groups and private receptions up to 45 seats with a private room with a capacity of 15 people.
• Le 1917, can also host events up to 16 seats.
• Seminar and corporate reunion can be organized in one of our suite with sea view with a maximum capacity of 15 people.
• Le Môle Passedat in the MuCEM specialized in events from 15 to 350 people thanks to 630sqm of dining room facing the sea with possibility of private use including a 350sqm terrace.
Extra Notable Features
• Gérald Passedat’s Bouille Abaisse, a 3 starred version of this very typical dish of Marseille.
• Cooking class at Gérald Passedat’s cooking school in Le Môle Passedat
• Arrival at the hotel by boat and possible transfer to the restaurant and cooking school of Le Môle Passedat.
• Diving, tour and boat trek at the Calanques National Park starting from the hotel
Hotel and restaurant Awards
3 Michelin star at the restaurant since 2008
Relais & Châteaux hotel since 1975
Gérald Passedat is a member of Les Grandes Tables du Monde
Number of employees