Le Phébus & Spa 220 route de Murs, 84220 JOUCAS, Provence, France www.lephebus.com
Relais & Châteaux
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr Xavier MATHIEU : cooking Chef of the Michelin starred gastronomic restaurant and owner of the property
Relais & Châteaux 5 stars Boutique Hotel
A new luxurious villa is opening in 2017
LE PHÉBUS & SPA
History & Story
This luxurious hotel and gastronomic restaurant awarded by one star in the Michelin guide was built in dry stones on the ruins dating back to the knights of the order of Malta. When the owner, same family since 1985, bought the property, the place was so bathed by the sun that they decided to name the hotel “Le Phébus” like the second name of Apollon, god of the sun.
During 2017 winter, complete renovation of the lobby and dining room.
Date added extensions
Le Phebus is growing and get 5 more suites (in the new villa) from April 2017.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Luxe, gastronomy, well-being, Carita Spa, cooking class, very dedicated staff, warm and personalized atmosphere.
Le Phébus & Spa is located in the heart of the Luberon. In Joucas, near Gordes, close to Avignon (around 30km) and its festival and close to Orange with its famous classical music show.
Key sites/activities in the area
– Roussillon Ochres – Cedar forest in Bonnieux – Hanged Provençal villages – Isle sur la Sorgue and its antiques market – Lavender fields – Fontaine de Vaucluse – Provençal Colorado – Famous wineyards – Local Provençal markets – Senanque Cistercian abbey
Passionate with local products that you find in the cooking class and in the gastronomic restaurant, Le Phebus is supplied by its own millenium pure water source drawn from more than 300 meters deep.
Le Phebus has its own kid’s club with nice swing, toboggan, tennis court, Provençal bowling and fitness trail.
• Number of suites: – 4 Terrace Suites : from 45 to 60 Sqm with Luberon view – 2 Luberon Suites : 37 sqm with Luberon and main pool view – 2 Junior Suites : 42 sqm with private heated pool with Luberon and parc view – 2 Prestige Suites : 50 sqm with private heated pool with Luberon and parc view – 3 Grand Prestige Suites : from 70 to 130 sqm with Luberon view
•Number of Luxury rooms: – 6 Garrigue double rooms : 23 sqm with park and/or main pool view – 10 Terrace double rooms : from 23 to 55 sqm with private terrace and direct acces to the main pool (main building only)
• Number of rooms, (keys) in total : 14 double rooms + 15 suites 29 Rooms and Suites in total
Restaurants & Bars
• Restaurant Xavier MATHIEU: gastronomic restaurant with one star in the Michelin guide • Café de la Fontaine : Bistro • You can eat « à la carte » or choose our gastronomic package including dinner in the gastronomic restaurant and buffet breakfast • Child Menu • Room Service on request
• You will have access to a large outdoor heated pool • Carita Spa will welcome you and propose you hammam, Jacuzzis, fitness center, relaxing room, 3 care cabins, shop and fitness trail