Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris
Le Royal Monceau – Raffles Paris
37 Avenue Hoche, Paris 75008, France
General Manager of Le Royal Monceau – Raffles Paris since March 2020, Christophe THOMAS cultivated an extensive international career spanning from Europe to South America and throughout the Caribbean Islands before settling in the United States for the past 20 years. This global journey began at the Strasbourg Hospitality School, whereupon earning his bachelor’s degree, Thomas wanted to perpetuate the French “art de recevoir” and excellence around the world. As a result of his determination and expertise, Thomas soon became General Manager of several luxury properties across the United States. This included spearheading the repositioning of the Palace Hotel in San Francisco, an iconic “The Luxury Collection” hotel. In 2016, Thomas joined the SLS Hotel Beverly Hills team to helm the property’s comprehensive renovation and opening of Somni restaurant. In 2019, Somni was awarded two Michelin stars, positioning the restaurant among the best in Southern California. Soon after, the Philippe Starck-designed SLS Hotel was recognized as the best hotel in the world by the international press, a good omen for Thomas’ upcoming adventures with the iconic Le Royal Monceau – Raffles Paris, decorated by the same designer. The Raffles group assigned its Parisian Palace under the care of Mr. Thomas. “It is a challenge that I intend to take up with passion and sincerity alongside my teams,” said Christophe THOMAS. “I wish to highlight Le Royal Monceau – Raffles Paris within the French capital with energy, authenticity, and elegance, and offer our guests a highly personalized service embedded with the constant artistic effervescence of creation, culture, and wanderlust.” career.
A NEW INSPIRATION FOR LE ROYAL MONCEAU – RAFFLES PARIS
LE ROYAL MONCEAU RAFFLES PARIS
Colorful and wonderfully sophisticated, Le Royal Monceau – Raffles Paris is the epitome of Parisian vibrancy and elegance. Between the Arc de Triomphe and the Parc Monceau, just steps from the Champs Elysées, this inimitable 5-star hotel has been transformed by Philippe Starck into a next-generation Palace, infused with the spirit of the 1930s from when it first opened.
One fun fact is that the hotel has an in-house private cinema of 99 seats.
Inspired by the 1940’s and 50’s, the elegant rooms and luxurious suites reflect a unique atmosphere, infused with art and the French spirit. Le Royal Monceau – Raffles Paris offers 85 rooms (from 36 to 45 sqm) and 64 suites (from 55 to 360 sqm) including 3 stunning Private Apartments.
Restaurant(s), Bars & Stars
Le Royal Monceau – Raffles Paris has 3 distinct areas dedicated to Gastronomy, supervised by culinary talents:
• Matsuhisa Paris – World-renowned Chef Nobu Matsuhisa has chosen Le Royal Monceau – Raffles Paris to be the home of his first Matsuhisa restaurant in France. Matsuhisa Paris brings with it a highly contemporary vision of Japanese cuisine; a gastronomic encounter between Asia and Latin America.
• Il Carpaccio – Il Carpaccio is an Italian gourmet restaurant, serving haute cuisine in a relaxed setting. Its mouth-watering and sophisticated dishes are concocted from the freshest seasonal products according to tasty and traditional regional recipes from all around Italy.
• Le Bar Long – It has been inspired by and designed as a living room that welcomes guests all day long to meet, gather, eat and relive the effervescence of the 1930’s.
A temple of well-being and contemporary beauty, our Spa My Blend by Clarins offers a unique haven of peace and relaxation in the heart of Paris.
Corporate and Celebration Events
The hotel welcomes groups and exclusive events in its reception and meeting rooms:
• 149 sqm of exclusive meeting space that can be converted into 3 individual rooms and accommodate up to 150 persons.
• The KATARA Cinema, a state-of-the-art and luxurious movie theater, with 99 seats, ideal for presentations, conferences, screenings or unique, exclusive events such as movie premieres.
• Interview suites (Junket rooms).
The Arts are omnipresent throughout the hotel:
• Art Concierge: Le Royal Monceau – Raffles Paris offers an exclusive service of Art Concierges. For the first time, a Paris luxury hotel offers its guests and all art lovers an exclusive selection of Parisian art and cultural news: exhibitions, openings, performances, concerts.
• Art District: private contemporary Art Gallery.
• La Librairie des Arts: a Contemporary Art Bookstore dedicated to photography, design, and architecture.
• Private Art Collection: more than 350 original works of art.
• Signature “Royal Monceau” acoustic guitar in every room and suite.
• www.artforbreakfast.com: the Royal Monceau Art Blog
Hotel and restaurants Awards
• Forbes Travel Guide – Five-Star Hotel 2020
• Condé Nast Traveler – Reader’s Choice Awards 2020 – top 10 best hotels in Paris
• Condé Nast Traveler – Reader’s Choice Awards 2019
• TripAdvisor – Travelers’ Choice 2019
To know more about Raffles, please visit www.raffles.com
Depending on the seasons, Le Royal Monceau – Raffles Paris employs from 450 to 600 persons.