Le Sirenuse Italy
Via Cristoforo Colombo, 30 – 84017 Positano (SA)
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Antonio Sersale – Truly a family-operated business, current day hotel manager and owner Antonio took the reins of the hotel from his father Franco and uncle Marchesi Sersale in 1992 and continues the tradition that has transformed his family’s home into one of the world’s most personal properties.
5-star luxury boutique hotel , a member of The Leading Hotels of the World.
Le Sirenuse by design has a relaxed elegance, both classic and contemporary. Truly timeless.
History & Story
Le Sirenuse opened in 1951, when four Neapolitan siblings, the Marchesi Aldo, Paolo, Anna and Franco Sersale turned their summer house in Positano into a charming hotel, overlooking the bay of Positano. Today the 58-room resort is considered one of Italy’s leading seaside luxury hotels, though it still retains the intimate, cultured atmosphere of a private home.
Le Sirenuse is a seasonal property, closed from the end of October to the end of March. The hotel is completely refurbished each year in our off season.
Date added extensions
In July 2015 a new alfresco bar was added to the hotel, Franco’s Bar. A fitting tribute to its namesake with views overlooking the majestic Mediterranean waters and an impressive fountain sculpture made by the celebrated Roman artisit Giuseppe Ducrot.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Location – Positano is the heart of the Amalfi Coast and Le Sirenuse is the heart of Positano.
• Guest rooms – each one unique, comfortable and full of charm.
• Our people – our staff truly provide the special touch to make each guest’s stay memorable.
• Authentic – Le Sirenuse embodies the understated elegance of Positano.
Le Sirenuse is located directly in the center of the village of Positano, high enough in elevation to provide breathtaking views yet within walking distance of the sea. Le Sirenuse sits grandly on the cliffslide overlooking Positano’s Marina Grande beach and the colorful majolica tiled dome of the Church of Santa Maria Assunta.
Key sites/activities in the area
Positano is at the center of a very important archeological and historical area, including: Naples, Pompeii, Paestum, Amalfi, Ravello, Capri and more. HERE is a link to our Sightseeing Guide.
The 1994 romantic comedy Only You starring Marrisa Tomei and Robert Downey Jr. was filmed in part at Le Sirenuse. Positano and Le Sirenuse continue to inspire young filmakers today. On the hotel website under ‘Films’ two short films are featured.
Our beautiful restaurant, La Sponda, is illuminated by over 400 candles when dining indoors. It takes a gentleman over two hours to light each one by hand.
The hotel’s structure with many terraces overhanging the cliff, is not suitable for children under the age of six.
Number of rooms in all: 58
• Inner Courtyard – rooms with small balcony, no sea view intimate in size and quiet
• Pool Terrace View – these rooms are located on the pool terrace floor looking onto the pool terrace & sea beyond.
• Sea View – this is our smallest size room providing lovely, full sea views.
• Deluxe Sea View – rooms have breathtaking, full sea view and a comfortable, spacious design.
• Deluxe Superior Sea View – rooms have a full sea view and are larger in size or a bit more special in design/location than the Deluxe Sea View Room.
• Junior Suite Sea View – Junior Suites are large and comfortable, have a full sea view, a separate sitting area and a private balcony or terrace.
• Junior Suite Superior Suite – the Junior Suite Superior has a full sea view and is more spacious than the Junior Suite Sea View with comfortable sitting area and all have a private balcony or terrace.
• 1 Bedroom Suite Sea View – the One Bedroom Suites have a full sea view and are comprised of one large and comfortable Junior Suite Superior, a living room, two bathrooms, one with a double whirlpool bathtub overlooking the sea.
• 2 Bedroom Suite Sea View – this suite combines a Junior Suite Superior and separate living room with a Deluxe sea view room to offer a 3 room suite with 3 bathrooms, one with a double whirlpool bathtub overlooking the sea.
Restaurants & Bars
• La Sponda restaurant (*guide Michelin) is lit, at dinner, by four hundred candles that create an unforgettable atmosphere. The cuisine is based on local, fresh ingredients and is inspired by the Mediterranean tradition.
• Our Champagne & Oyster Bar enjoys breathtaking views over Positano. Sumptuously furnished and candlelit, it is open in the evenings from May to mid-October, weather permitting. It is the ideal place for a glass of champagne millésimé or a cocktail made to perfection, some oysters, shellfish, and fish carpaccios, all accompanied by the seducing music of our resident dj.
• Pool Bar & Restaurant – our Pool Terrace is full of lemon trees and flowers. At the bar tables, overlooking the sea and shaded by a bamboo awning, lunch is served from 12.30 to 6pm.
• Franco’s Bar – a stylish al fresco bar with a breathtaking view and a cocktail menu that pays homage to a golden age of fine spirits.
• Outdoor /heated swimming pool
• Le Sirenuse SPA
• Fitness Center
Corporate & Celebration Events
Extra Notable Features
•Excursions on the hotel’s private boat San’t Antonio
•Guided morning hike up over 1700 steps to the tiny rural village of Nocelle
•Boat trip to lunch at Nerano Bay
•Calendar of Activities – most free of charge, complete listing available on our website under ‘Activities & Excursions’
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
Golden List 2016