Les Prés d’Eugénie
Les Prés d’Eugénie
Place de l’impératrice, 40 320 Eugénie les Bains
Privately owned – Guérard family
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
CEO: Eléonore & Adeline Guérard
Chef and interior designer: Michel & Christine Guérard
Maîtres de maison: Arnaud Séhébiade, Emmanuel Pérignon
5 star luxury, Relais & Châteaux
LES PRES D’EUGENIE
History & Story
The Estate dates back to the 1860’s when Empress Eugénie used to stop over on her way to Biarritz. It was acquired by Christine Guérard’s father in 1962, and became part of the group of 20 hot spring resorts he founded. Empress Eugénie was so elegantly welcomed by the locals that she came back many times and made the hot springs famous.
The resort is marked by different architectures: the main house was built in the 1860’s. It is surrounded by an 18th century inn and convent. It is classical with exotic touches.
The last refurbishing campaign was done in 2016. It was conducted by Mrs Guérard.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The Estate embodies French art de vivre at its best. It offers 4 types of cuisine, including 3-Michelin starred since 1977. Located in historical buildings among dreamy gardens, all the rooms are unique as they are decorated with genuine antiques Mrs Guérard choses. Our guests can enjoy exclusive hot spring treatments, cookery courses at the Michel Guérard Institute, a visit to the vineyard… They also come for our holistic slimming expertise.
French Gascony, 1h30 south of Bordeaux and 1h30 north of Basque Country.
Key sites/activities in the area
• High quality producers for foie gras, Armagnac…
• Château de Pau (one the castle used by French kings and emperors since the 1500’s).
• 12 to 17th century abbeys and villages.
• A bit farther away, Bordeaux vineyards and Basque country.
It is there that Michel Guérard created his Great Slimming Cuisine for which he made the cover of Time magazine in 1976. Since then, we’ve been welcoming famous guests who want to try out the most pleasurable way to lose weight.
• Number of suites:18
• From 60 to 150 sqm, the suites are decorated with the most exquisite antiques, fabrics and furnishing. Having either terraces or balconies, they look out on the meadows or rose gardens. They are located in the main house, the empress wing and the logis des grives, and have different atmospheres: bright and classical French style, Grand Siècle, or refined Flamish. Flowers come from the gardens and some of them have fireplaces. The bathrooms are equipped with separate Italian marble shower and tub.
• Number of Luxury rooms: 6
• From 40 to 60 sqm, the luxury rooms are decorated with unique antiques according different styles: classical French, romantic country side or Flamish. With terraces or balconies, they look out on the meadows or rose gardens. They are located in the main house, the convent and the logis des grives.Some of them have fireplaces.Some of the bathrooms are equipped with separate Italian marble shower and tub.
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 19
•From 30 to 40 sqm, the rooms are decorated with beautiful period paintings and furnishing. Having either terraces or balconies, they look out on the meadows or rose gardens. They are located in the main house and convent and have different atmospheres, whether classical French or romantic country side.
Restaurants & Bars
• 3 Michelin star restaurant since 1977• slimming cuisine restaurant : 3 course meal that changes everyday, always below 500 calories.
• Auberge de la Ferme aux Grives : terroir cuisine, including spit roast of chickens and suckling pigs.
• Café Mère Poule & Cie (snacking).
• Loulou’s Lounge bar.
• Hot spring spa with many exclusive treatments such as the white mud bath.
• Sisley beauty treatments.
• Outdoor swimming pool.
• Fitness studio.
Team of doctors, dieticians and personal trainers
Corporate & Celebration Events
Maximum occupancy of incentive spaces : 120 people
Extra Notable Features
• Michel Guerard culinary institute.
• Vineyard and winery.
• Beach house 100 km away
• 8 gardens( kitchen, roses, water, boxes, citrus greenhouses…).
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• 3 Michelin stars since 1977
• Relais& Châteaux since 1968
Travel + Leisure #8 world’s best spa destination
• # 9 in France Top 25 hotels by Tripadvisor
Number of employees