Les Sources de Caudalie France
Les Sources de Caudalie
Chemin Smith Haut Lafitte
Les Sources de Caudalie
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Sebastien Renard, General Manager of Les Sources de Caudalie since 2006.
5-star Luxury, Small Luxury Hotels of the World
Alice and Jérôme Tourbier have managed Les Sources de Caudalie for the past ten years in keeping with the values they hold dear: well-being, generosity, authenticity, high-quality service, and emotion. Les Sources de Caudalie is a universe where everything is devoted to nature, taste and senses.
Welcome to Les Sources de Caudalie *****
LES SOURCES DE CAUDALIE
History & Story
Les Sources de Caudalie, five star- hotel, is inspired by the “French Paradox”, discovered over 20 years ago. This refers to a study proving that the French diet and lifestyle, particularly in Southwest France, is conducive to good health. Statistics and reports by cardiologists showed the positive effects of wine consumption with regard to fighting cardiovascular disease. With the aim of living out this French Paradox in the most enjoyable way, Les Sources de Caudalie are devoted to sharing the French lifestyle with their guests in the heart of the wine country, maintaining local traditions and focusing on quality at all levels. They have established a place in tune with nature – a pinnacle of good taste, sensuality, and well-being.
Honey Moon Suite designed by Delphine Manivet in January 2016.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
40 rooms and 21 Suites, 3 restaurants for all kind of pleasure, a Vinotherapy Spa Caudalie, 1 indoor Swimming-Pool, 1 outdoor Swimming Pool and Vineyards surrounding the hotel.
In the Middle of Château Smith Haut Lafitte Vineyards, 20 minutes away for Bordeaux City Center in the Pessac-Leognan.
Key sites/activities in the area
– Well-being at the Caudalie Vinothérapie Spa
– Cooking classes with Nicolas Masse
– Wine Tasting Lesson at Les Sources de Caudalie
– Paradise Tour of Château Smith Haut Lafitte
– Introduction to Wine Tasting at Château Smith Haut Lafitte
– Art and vines Tour at Château Smith Haut Lafitte
– Visit the city of Saint Emilion
– Discover Saint Emilion
– Nature getaway in Arcachon Bay
The chef takes incredible care to ensure that everything is fresh, even to the point of picking from the garden at meal times and immediately cooking the ingredients!
Alice Tourbier decided to continue and expand the experiment. An 800m2 vegetable garden dedicated to La Grand’Vigne restaurant has been created in the heart of the park adjacent to the hotel. Continuing this initiative, Alice Tourbier has installed some hives in proximity to the vegetable garden. They allow better pollination and guarantee good harvests”. Actually, as a tribute to them the space has been renamed Le Jardin des Abeilles (The Bee Garden). Twenty chickens have also taken up residence in the park. They supply the kitchens with fresh 100% organic eggs, exclusively for a signature entrée of the two-star La Grand’Vigne restaurant. Emilion, a white dwarf billy goat and Estéphe, a pretty mottled nanny goat, rapidly joined them. These adorable, very affectionate animals will undoubtedly delight children and their parents alike!
• Large Suite: 13 – Average size – 50sqm
• Suites rooms: 4 – Average size: 40sqm
• Junior Suites rooms: 3 – Average size 35sqm
• Prestige rooms: 31 – Average size 30sqm
• Confort rooms: 9 – Average size: 25sqm
Includes : 220 AC / DC – Individual air conditioned – Alarm – Bathrobe, Caudalie amenities – Double wash basin – Hairdryer – Safe – Minibar – Cable television – Telephone – Non-smoking rooms – Free Wi-Fi
Views: Either over the vineyards or over our lake
VIP Amenities: A glass of wine of the property
Restaurants & Bars
• La Grand Vigne :
Set in a former orangery, modelled on an ornamental, 18th-century glasshouse, La Grand’Vigne Michelin two-star restaurant invites you to savour Nicolas Masse’ brilliant, well-grounded cuisine.
• La Table du Lavoir :
La Table du Lavoir serves delicious, unusual, bistro-style food with the finest seasonal products.
• Rouge :
Since Nicolas Masse’s cuisine is deeply anchored in the Aquitaine region, the wine bar is the reflect of the South-West “terroir”.
• The French Paradoxe Bar :
The French Paradox Bar opens onto the wine cellar where 1,200 precious bottles are stored. The cosy atmosphere, club armchairs and wooden floor, invite guests to enjoy a great collection of old Armargnacs, Cognacs, Whiskies…
• Spa Vinotherapy Caudalie
• Indoor Swimming Pool
• Outdoor Swimming Pool
• Fitness Center
Corporate & Celebration Events
• 3 meeting rooms welcoming up to 40 persons.
Extra Notable Features
• A small farm with chickens and goats
• Visit of the Château Smith Haut Lafitte
• a private coach
• Cooking class / wine degustation class etc.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Nominated for the « Best Spa » by Virtuoso in 2015
• Nominated for« Wellness Travel Awards » by Spafinder in 2015
• Second Michelin star for La Grand’Vigne in 2015
• Listed in « The World’s Best Destination Spas » by Condé Nast Traveller in 2015
• Recommanded by Andrew Harper Hideaway Report in 2016
• Nominated for « World’s Best Destination Spas » by Travel + Leisure en 2016
• Best European Hotel Spa by Condé Nast Traveller in 2012
• Recommanded by Andrew Harper in 2014
Number of employees