Maçakizi Bodrum Turkey
Kesire Mevkii Narcicegi sk. Golturkbuku, Bodrum,
BMK Turizm Ve otelcilik Hiz.A.S.
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
History & Story
Initially, in 1977, Ayla Emiroglu established a pension and private beach in Bodrum, Turkey. With a keen eye for all things tranquil and natural she created a haven for all her guests. Her original aim, to create an inspiring environment for writers, painters and other intellectuals, with her bed and breakfast service, continued to evolve and grow, through out the years. The seeds of the Macakizi concept, continue to flourish with the vision and contemporary mind of Ayla’s son Sahir. Since 2000, Maçakızı is located in Türkbükü and along with its private and popular beach, it transformed into a beautiful boutique hotel. This unique haven is now being carried into the new millennium and further.
All rooms were renovated in 2013 and designed by Sahir Erozan.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Located in the southwest of Turkey in a village called Türkbükü in Bodrum, Maçakızı is 40 kms away from Milas Bodrum Airport and 22 kms away from downtown Bodrum and the closest major city, namely Muğla, is 138 km away. The hotel is less than 3 hours driving range from both Izmir and Dalaman International Airports.The location of Maçakızı is also close to some Greek islands such as Patmos, Kos.
Key sites/activities in the area
Nuxe Spa, Gym with a private trainer, Bodyism , Swimming pool.
Famous Happy Hours on the deck , Great variety of water sports.
No children’s corner.
Standard rooms :
• Upper Deck Garden View: Approximately 35 sqm, garden view with private balcony. Top level of the hotel. Newly renovated.
• Lower Deck Garden View: Approximately 35 sqm, garden view with private balcony. Located mid level of the hotel. Newly renovated.
• Upper Deck Sea View: Approximately 35 sqm , sea view with private balcony. Located at the top level of the hotel. Newly renovated.
• Lower Deck Sea View: Approximately 35 sqm, sea view with private balcony. Located at the mid level of the hotel. Newly renovated.
• Sea Front: Approximately 35 sqm, great sea view. Located at the nearest to the beach with private terrace or balcony. The interior design of these rooms has been renovated with Macakizi’s finest concept.
Suite Rooms :
• Garden View Suite: Approximately 52,5 sqm, garden view with private terrace. It includes a dressing room. Located nearest level to the beach. Newly renovated.
• Sea View Junior Suite: Approximately 52,5 sqm, great sew view with private terrace or balcony. It has been renovated with new modern furniture, a lounge area and a dressing room. Located at the nearest level to the beach. Newly renovated.
• Sea View Suite: Approimately 70 sqm, very special sea view. It has been renovated with new modern furniture, partitoned lounge area and a dressing room. Located on the mid level of the hotel, close to the beach. Newly renovated.
• Sea View Duplex Villa: Approximately 140 sqm, duplex villa with private terrace and balcony, very suitable for large families. Consisting of 1 king size french bed and extra bed, workdesk and dressing room, bathroom on each floor. Located at the top level of the hotel.
• Sea View Villa Suite: Approximately 150 sqm with the finest renovated designs. 2 ensuite bedrooms, living room, 2 dressing rooms and bathrooms with rainshowers. Private terrace or balcony.
Restaurants & Bars
Maçakızı combines the traditional with the innovative in unexpected sophistication!
• Breakfast: Casual buffet breakfast
• Lunch: Open Buffet Lunch (14:00 – 16:00)
• Dinner: * The sumptuous Mediterranean menu, created by seasoned Chef Aret Sahakyan, is served in an open-air dining room beneath 100 year-old olive trees as delicious aromas waft in from the open kitchen.
(The restaurants serve between 19:30 – 24:00)
• Sundays: Traditional mantı day (lunch time)
Our room rates include breakfast and 3 course a’lacarte dinner.
(Upon request guests can have an open buffet menu instead of dinner).
Nuxe Spa, Gym ( private trainer ), Bodyism , Swimming pool.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Weddings and other celebratory events
• Capacity : 100 pax – 300 pax
Extra Notable Features
• Water sports
• Private transfer service
• Personal Trainer
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
– Conde Nast Traveller Gold List 2018
– Conde Nast Traveller Middle East Gold List 2018
– Conde Nast Traveller 2017 Gold List
– Tatler Traveler Guide 2017 – Best 101 Hotels in the World
– Jetsetter | Best of the Best Awards | Best looking Guests
Number of employees
Peak season 200 , Low season 120