Majestic Hotel and Spa Spain
Majestic Hotel and Spa Barcelona
Passeig de Gracia, 68, 08007, Barcelona
The Leading Hotels of the World
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Pascal Billard, General Manager of Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona since April 2013. Graduated from Jean Drouant Hospitality School in Paris, he has more than 30 years experience in International Luxury Establishments. His international background and diverse positions provide him a unique vision and experience of the Hospitality and Catering Industry, together with a global multicultural management.
Five Star Grand Luxe Hotel, Part of the Leading Hotels of the World
Positioning Majestic Hotel and Spa as a benchmark in luxury accommodations in Spain
MAJESTIC HOTEL AND SPA BARCELONA
History & Story
Property of the family Soldevila-Casals, Majestic Hotel and Spa is one of the oldest hotels in Barcelona with rich history. Hotel was opened in April 1918 as Majestic Hotel Inglaterra, in the neoclassical building on Paseig de Gracia. Movie stars, famous artists and sportsmen, important politicians and business people have been guests of the hotel since its opening. Among them were poets Antonio Machado and Federico García Lorca, artists Joan Miró and Pablo Ruíz Picasso, singer Josephine Baker and writer Ernest Hemingway.
Today the third generation of the family Soldevila-Casals has finished last ambitious renovation of the hotel, leading the property towards future without forgetting about the rich cultural heritage of the past.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
With almost a century of history, the stylish Majestic Hotel & Spa is located in a neoclassical building in the heart of Barcelona in the Passeig de Gracia. Following the recent completion of an ambitious renovation project, the Majestic embodies the timeless elegance typical of the most exclusive international hotels. Also known as “the hotel of the arts”, it features an exceptional display of more than 1000 notable works of art. Under the guidance of award-winning culinary advisor Nandu Jubany, the hotel offers sophisticated cuisine that pays homage to traditional Catalan products and gastronomy. Guests can savor the results in El Bar del Majestic, El Patio del Majestic, and in the hotel crown’s jewel, the spectacular rooftop La Dolce Vitae, with expansive views of nearly all of the city of Barcelona. On the top floor of the hotel, there is an oasis of relaxation and well-being: the MajesticSpa.
Situated in the heart of Barcelona, on the main luxury shopping avenue, allowing guests to walk and discover all the city’s most interesting places.
Key sites/activities in the area
Hotel is situated near emblematic places of interest, such as La Pedrera or Casa Batlló, Las Ramblas, la Boquería Market or Gran Teatro del Liceo, along with exclusive shops and prestigious restaurants and terraces.
Majestic fashion tea – unique experience and opportunity to try two types of menu that combine small sweet and savory snacks, tea, coffee, chocolate and champagne, offering the possibility to choose between five éclairs designed exclusively for Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona by famous fashion designers.
The location, city facilities and special amenities for children in the hotel make children are more than welcome in our family friendly hotel.
Number of rooms in all: 272
Deluxe Rooms: 226
• Deluxe Room – 20 to 25 m², capacity of up to 2 people, queen size bed or twin bed with views over the Eixample District courtyard or Pasaje Campos Eliseos.
• Deluxe City View – 20 to 25 m², capacity of up to 2 people, queen size bed or twin beds with views over Valencia street.
• Deluxe Paseo de Gracia – 20 to 26 m², capacity of up to 2 people, queen size bed or twin beds with sophisticated views over Passeig de Gràcia.
• Deluxe Executive – 30 to 40 m², capacity of up to 3 adults or 2 adults with 2 children (under 12 years old), queen size bed or twin bed with views over an Eixample courtyard or Pasaje de los Campos Eliseos.
• Deluxe Executive View – 30 to 35 m², capacity of up to 3 adults or 2 adults with 2 children (under 12 years old), queen size bed or twin bed with views over Valencia street.
• Junior Suite – 40 to 45 m², capacity of up to 3 adults or 2 adults with 2 children (under 12 years old) and King size bed (2 x 2 metres) or twin beds.
• Junior Suite Passeig de Gracia – 45 to 65 m², capacity of up to 3 adults or 2 adults with 2 children (under 12 years old), King size bed (2 x 2 metres) or twin beds overlooking the impressive Paseo de Gracia.
• Suite – 45 to 65 m², capacity of up to 3 adults or 2 adults with 2 children (under 12 years old), King size bed (2 x 2 metres) or twin beds and with a view overlooking Paseo de Gracia,
• Penthouse Passeig de Gracia – 100 m2, capacity of up to 2 people, king size bed (2×2 metres), with a private terrace with solarium and panoramic views overlooking Paseo de Gracia.
• Penthouse Sagrada Familia – 100 m2, capacity of up to 2 people, king size bed (2 x 2 metres), with a private terrace and panoramic views over the Sagrada Familia..
• Penthouse Suite Royal – Up to 468 m2, capacity of up to 6 people, 2 or 3 bedrooms, with a private panoramic terraces with jacuzzi and solarium overlooking Paseo de Gracia.
Restaurants & Bars
Michelin awarded gastronomic advisor – Nandu Jubany
• El restaurante del Majestic;
• El Bar del Majestic;
• Bar Rooftop «La Dolce Vitae» ;
• Restaurant Condal.
• The Majestic SPA;
• Rooftop Terrace Swimmimg Pool;
• Fitness Center.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Verstile meeting space, which can be divided into 6 rooms from 74 to 100 sq. meters or into a big event room of 645 sq. meters;
• Albéniz Hall – 861 sq. meters with direct access from Valencia street;
•Restaurant Condal – 160 sq. meters, capacity up to 120 persons.
Extra Notable Features
• Fitness Center
• Yoga classes
• Swimming pool
• Roof terrace
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Top 3 Hotel in Spain and Portugal by Condé Nast Traveler Reader´s Choice Awards 2016
• 1Star Michelin Advisor chef Nandu Jubany
• 1st Top Hotel in Spain 2015, Condé Nast Traveler Readers´ Choice Awards – 2015
Number of employees