NH COLLECTION TAORMINA
NH Collection Taormina
Via Circonvallazione 11.98039, Taormina,
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Simone Messina
After several experiences in 4 and 5 stars properties in Sicily and Italy, Simone joined NH hotel group 3 yearsago, and placed NH Collection Taormina between the most relevant hotel in the island.
5-star boutique – Preferred Lux
NH COLLECTION TAORMINA
History & Story
The Hotel NH Collection Taormina was renovatedin 2009 from its original construction in early 1900, when Taormina was known as a Grand Tour European Destination.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
NH Collection Taormina boasts a privileged location in the historic center of the city and few minutes from the ancient Greek Theatre. Its position, higher than the city center’s building, offers breathtaking views of Taormina framed by the sea. A panoramic outdoor pool and a Roof Terrace treat guests to stunning views. This hotel offers an exclusive 260 sqm SPA with view over Taormina and renewed a gourmet restaurant
The location of the NH Collection Taorminais one of its unique selling points : Corso Umberto I, the city’s main street, is just a few minutes away on foot. The Palacongressi, venue for the Festival del Cinema, and the ancient panoramic Greek theater whichis the symbol of Taormina, are just 500 metresfrom the hotel. Beaches are approx 2 kilometres from the hotel, and can be reached also by Cable Car. The property is well connected by the A18 motorway.
Key sites/activities in the area
During summer time one water sports are available on the beach such as wind-surfing, sailing, fishing, scuba-diving, canoeing, snorkeling, parafly. Jogging and tennis are also activities that can be done easily. Taormina offers different attractions as the panoramic greek theatre or Palazzo Corvaja; the most popular excursion are Mt. Vulcan Etna Nature Park ( approx. 40 minutes ), the “Alcantara Gorges”- a terrific natural phenomena with lava caves and falls ( approx. 20 minutes ), boat sea excursions( 15 minutes ) – Syracuse and Catania ( from 1 to 2 hours by car ), where appreciate of greek and roman ruinsand the best examples of Sicilian Baroque. Eolian Islands can be reached in a full day excursion also. Along the famous car-free main walking street “Corso Umberto” in Taormina, visitors can enjoy the best Italian charming stores, to purchase Italian fashion clothes, typical Sicilian products, antiquities shops or delicatessen The area is full of elegant open air cafès, gourmet restaurant, cocktail bars and nightlife clubs.
Fully functional and open to the public, the Greek theatre at Taormina is an incredible place to see a concert or watch a play while visiting Sicily. Many of Taormina’s ancient Greek ruins are so well preserved they ‘re considered more beautiful than anything found in modern-day Greece
• Number of suites:
2 Suite with terrace no view + 3 Presidential Suite with view and terrace
• Number of Luxury rooms:
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all:
Restaurants & Bars
• The contemporary Zagara restaurant is the place to savor Sicilian specialities , as well as Italian cuisine, while enjoying views of Taormina.
With its large windows overlooking the city, the hotel’s restaurant is a lovely place to start the day or enjoy an evening meal. Specialties from the region, as well as Italian dishes, are on the menu. The buffet breakfast will tempt you with pastries, cold cuts and cheeses as well as hot dishes made to order.
• During summer season, the panoramic rooftop restaurant offers great food, a rich wine selection and amazing cocktails in the sofa areas.
• 260 sqm SPA offers sauna, steam bath, several treatments possibilities. It is possible to create a complete wellness experience by combining aspa day with the pool and gym – all are on the same floor.
• Fitness area : complete with cardio machines and weights. Located near the spa and pool
For a relaxing swim or just enjoy the sunshine from the nearby terrace, the outdoor pool is perfect for both. From here guests also get a wonderful view across the rooftops of Taormina all the way to the sea.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• The hotel offers 3 large rooms, which can be combined to host up to 274 people. Small ereventcanbeholdon the outdoorterracewithviews of Taormina.
The hotel is a beautiful setting for weddings and receptions, with event planners here to help tocreate a truly wonderful day
Extra Notable Features
• Taormina is famous for its crystal-clear sea and wonderful beaches, and the hotel gladly provides a transfer service to some of the most beautiful ones, where guests can benefit from special conditions during the summer season. “Lido Paradise Beach” is a club featuring a private beach, equipped with sunchairs and parasols, as well as a pool. “Lido la Pigna” is a fantastic beach located in the bay overlooking the Isola Bella, whereas “Lido Stockolm” is the ideal choice if a day at the beach and a restaurant by the sea is what you’re looking for.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Member of PreferredHotels&Resorts LVX Collection
• Winner of 2017 TripAdvisor Top LuxuryHotels Awards
Number of employees