Via San Giovanni del Toro 28
84010 Ravello – Amalfi Coast, Italy
Privately owned (Avino Family)
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Managing Director in charge of all the operations and financial aspects.
Responsible for sales worldwide.
Five Stars Deluxe/ Leading Hotels of the World
Palazzo Avino is a XII Century Building. We constantly renovate the property throughout the winter months.
In the last two years all the rooms were renovated and the 2015 renovation will be related to the restaurant.
History & Story
Palazzo Avino is set on the Amalfi Coast, south of Naples, with spectacular views over the Mediterranean sea. Ravello itself being a charming little town, boldly laid out on a steep hillside.
Originally a 12th Century villa built for an esteemed Italian noble family, the property has been tastefully refurbished to the highest standards while retaining its medieval and baroque features.
Accommodation at the hotel comprises 32 rooms and 11 suites, all of deluxe standard. There is a stunning outdoor swimming pool and the rooftop features a magnificent sun terrace, with hydromassage plunge pools. One can relax at the Spa offering a steam bath, hydrotherapy pool, sauna and treatment rooms. Two restaurant are on properties, one Michelin rated and a great Lobster and Martini Bar (100 different Martinis available). The hotel boasts a new private beach club (Clubhouse By the Sea).
Rooms (Dedar, Hermes, Designer Guild, Rubelli Venezia)
Caffè dell’Arte – Inside Bar (Dedar, Hermes, Designer Guild)
Restaurant (Barovier and Toso, Hermes)
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• XII Century Palace
• Family owned: being a guest at Palazzo Avino is like being hosted in a private house
• Stunning views over the Coast for the strategic position on the Hill of Ravello
• Michelin Star Restaurant, Rossellins with a fantastic terrace overlooking the sea
• Lobster and Martini Bar with a selection of around 100 different Martinis
• Amazing staff and hospitality
• Beach Club
In the heart of Ravello.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Villa Rufolo
Ravello is the locaton where every year the Ravello Music Festival takes place. It runs from June until Mid September and the patio is located in Villa Rufolo (almost suspended in the air). It is considered one of the most spectacular exhibition in thw world.
Children are welcome but we do not have dedicated areas.
• Belvedere Suite – Sea View and Terrace (1 room): Situated in the gardens of the hotel with a large living area and a master bedroom, large terrace overlooking the Mediterranean sea.
• Infinito Suite – Sea View and Terrace (1 room): It is the largest suite in the hotel. Situated on the top floor with a large living room including a dining area
• Orizzonte Suite – Sea View and Balcony (1 room): One bedroom suite with living area, bathroom with Jacuzzi bath, 4 full windows, overlooking the Sea
• Deluxe Suite Terrace – Sea View (4 rooms): Bedroom suite with living area and Terrace
• Superior Junior Suite – Sea View (2 rooms): Large bedroom with a sitting area, large bathroom with Jacuzzi bath, all overlooking the Mediterranean sea.
• Junior Suite – Sea View (2 rooms): A large bedroom with a sitting area and a large bathroom with Jacuzzi bath. all overlooking the Mediterranean sea.
• King Double room – Sea View (15 rooms): Bedroom with large window overlooking the Sea
• Queen Double Room – Lateral Sea View (3 rooms)
• Superior Double Room – Mountain Side (3 rooms): are facing the mountain or the charming pedestrian street.
• King Double Room – Mountain Side (8 rooms): facing the mountain or the charming pedestrian street.
• Queen Double Room – Mountain Side (2 rooms): facing the mountain
Restaurants & Bars
• Rossellini’s Restaurant
Our hotel’s formal restaurant, the one Michelin starred Rossellinis, features a panoramic sea view terrace where guests can taste the best of Italian haute cuisine in a gorgeous atmosphere.
• Caffè dell’Arte
This spacious lounge bar and terrace is where guests can take pleasure in fabulous mountain and sea vistas while sipping an aperitif or dining on light fare and enjoying the melodies of our resident pianist.
• Terrazza Belvedere
Terrazza Belvedere serves an array of appetizing small bites and fresh pasta dishes. With a terrace perched over the property that offers magnificent views of the coastline, this is a casual dining favorite amongst guests.
• Lobster and Martini Bar
A new addition to Terrazza Belvedere is the Lobster & Martini Bar that begins at 6:00PM. Clients can enjoy their choice of 100 different martinis uniquely crafted by the hotel’s in-house martini mixologist!
• Clubhouse by the Sea – Only 15 minutes from the hotel and is connected via a complimentary private shuttle service. Exclusive for our guests, the Clubhouse includes a casual restaurant featuring fresh catch of the day and pizza, a lounge, changing rooms and a small outdoor pool.
• Swimming pool – A 20 meter outdoor heated swimming pool is situated in the gardens of Palazzo Avino with an amazing view of the sea and the mountains.
• Carita Spa – Our full service SPA is located next to the swimming pool in the gardens of Palazzo Avino and overlooks the Mediterranean Sea.
• The gymnasium – Located in the gardens under white gazebos and overlooks the sea. A variety of Technogym equipment is available to all our guests.
• The Solarium –On the roof top of Palazzo Avino, with a breathtaking view
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Meeting Room – Capacity: U-Shape 35 delegates / Theatre 45 delegates / Boardroom 35 delegates
• Wedding Receptions – up to 120 guests allowed
Extra Notable Features
Several cooking schools are available in Ravello.
Nearby activities include: tennis, trekking, horseback riding, sailing, scuba diving, boat rentals and boat excursions.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Condé Nast Traveller – Voted Palazzo Avino N°19 in the “12 Bucket List Trips you actually Took” – Readers’ Choice Awards 2014
• Condé Nast Traveller – Voted Palazzo Avino N° 3 with a score of 95.09% in the “Top 10 Hotels in Europe” – Condé Nast Traveler’s Readers’ Choice Awards 2014
• Condé Nast Traveller – Voted Palazzo Avino N° 3 with a score of 95.09%
• Condé Nast Traveller – Voted Palazzo Avino N° 7 with a score of 95.3% in the “Top 50 Hotels in Italy” – Condé Nast Traveler’s Readers’ Choice Awards 2013
• Travel + Leisure – Voted Palazzo Avino N° 2 with a score of 93.60% in the “Top Resort in Europe”
• Tatler Travel Guide 2013 – Voted Palazzo Avino as “Spellbinding Service” 2013
Number of employees