Norcia, Umbria, Italy
Via Cesare Battisti
10 06046 Norcia (Pg) – Italy
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Vincenzo and Federico Bianconi. The Bianconi family works in Norcia in the hospitalty since 1850. They are the 4th Generatios of this family and own and manage Palazzo Seneca. Vincenzo Bianconi is also the presidente of the italian delegation of Relais & Chateaux and the president of the hotelkeep
5 star Relais & Châteaux
Create a format to duplicate in other italian city or other country
History & Story
A house in an Umbrian palace: this is the atmosphere you live in in this charming residence of the sixteenth century, that re-opens its doors in Norcia, in the heart of Umbria, after a careful restoring. Fusion of design and tradition, simplicity and quality, this is the secret of this new elegant project promoted and realized by Vincenzo and Federico Bianconi, the last generation of a family who has been offering Hospitality and Foodservice since 1850. The skilled restoration, the research of unique materials and objects, along with the work of the best Umbrian craftsmen, have made Palazzo Seneca a unique destination in its genre The family has handed down the passion for hospitality and foodservice from father to son. The Palazzo Seneca project represents the evolution of 150 years tradition, of studies, experiences and researches carried out throughout Italy and worldwide
Opening June 2008, name of designer: Andrew Lervill Bowen
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• All the property was renovated by the locals hand-crafters • The Guests have to be confident from the first moment inside the property • The philosophy is: At home in an Umbrian Palace • We choose an architect who never did before hotels but special houses • Home atmosphere
Norcia is in Umbria the Sibillini National Park. The town of Norcia, surrounded by still intact walls of the 1300s, is rich of historical-artistic evidence and, in addition Norcia is a gastronomic paradise, rich and refined. Lentils from Castelluccio, balck truffle, cured meats called « Norcinerie ».
Key sites/activities in the area
• City center of Norcia • National Park of Sibillini mountains • Castelluccio • Old railway Norcia – Spoleto trekking and biking road
The chairs we have in the rooms are the same the Cardinals use in the Vatican during their meeting. Made by the same hand-crafter in Umbria. Several of our painted are made by hemp fabric used by the local bakers at the beginning of 1900.
During Christmas, new year, Easter and summer time is available a mini clud with daily programme for child and excursions. Available activities for family and child as cooking class, trekking with donkeys, rafting.
• Romantica rooms: total 5, wifi included, coffer facilities about 18 mt sq. r oom amenities:Alarm clock, Air conditioning, Balcony, Bathrobe, Coffee machine, Telephone with external line, Dogs allowed, Hair dryer, Laundry service, Internet access (WiFi), Mini Bar, Private bathroom & WC, Safe box , Desk, LCD TV , Satellite TV
• Deluxe rooms: total 7 – wifi included, coffer facilities about 22 mt sq – Alarm clock, Bathrobe, Coffee machine, Telephone with external line, Dogs allowed, Hair dryer, Laundry service, Internet access (WiFi), Mini Bar, Private bathroom & WC, Safe box , Desk, LCD TV
• Superior rooms: total 7 – wifi included, coffer facilities about 28 mt sq – Alarm clock, Air conditioning, Bathrobe, Pool towels, Coffee machine, Telephone with external line, Dogs allowed, Hair dryer, Laundry service, Internet access (WiFi), Mini Bar, Private bathroom & WC, Safe box , Desk, LCD TV , Satellite TV
• Junior Suite: total 4 – wifi included, coffer facilities about 40 mt sq, all the rooms amenities, An unforgettable experience. Some with four-poster beds in old wood, some with carved wood bed-heads.
• Suite total: 1, wifi included, coffer facilities about 70 mt sq, one bed room and one living rooms, 2 bathrooms, all the rooms amenities included.
Restaurants & Bars
• Vespasia Restaurant “The creation of this gourmet restaurant in Norcia represents a gesture of love to our land. In this special environment, in harmony with nature and seasons, we wish to tell you a new gastronomic tradition of Norcia, Our house is your house” Our egg-based pastas as well as the small breads and the bread- sticks are all home made with stone milled flour. Black Truffle comes exclusively from the territory of Norcia Lentils and Roveja come from the plateau of Castelluccio, a protected area 1500mt above the sea level, while spelt comes from the area of Monteleone di Spoleto. Chef Emanuele Mazzella Born in Ischia in 1982, into a family with strong values .From an early age a passion for cooking , first attracted by the fragrances of the Dad’s and then in the kitchen with mom.Log young in the world of work and in the following years with the help of great chefs is important experiences that led him first to understand and then to grow his idea of « cooking ».
• Spa in the hotel included: Jacuzzi, relax room, turkish bath, sauna, massagge rooms. Massages menu available • Sporting center at 350 meters, with indoor and outdoor swimming pool, fitness center, steam rooms. Free entrance. The sporting center is not exclusive for Palazzo Seneca’s guest
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Wedding, package for exclusive use of the hotel and event available • Meeting rooms and programme for seminars and convention available
Extra Notable Features
• Cooking class • Truffle Hunting • Trekking and Biking guide • Trekking with donkey for family • Visit to local producers • Cheese making with local sheppard • Vintage car rent • Horse riding • Snow shoes excursion • Ski cross country
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
Number of employees