Parilio, a member of Design Hotels
Parilio, a member of Design Hotels
Kolympithres Naoussa, Paros 84401, Greece
Member of Design Hotels
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Parīlio is the first 5* branded Hotel on the island of Paros, owned by Kanava S.A Hotels and Resorts, a very well-established company with several years of experience in the hospitality industry and 3 more hotels and 2 complex of Villas on its portfolio.
History & Story
The Interior Design Laboratorium team first got in touch with the preexisting building in December 2018. The original building was composed of 55 rooms distributed in six buildings that were designed in the 80s, along the lines of typical island architecture, in a 7-acre area. The new building required complete change in both interior and exterior spaces, the design of thirty three suites, a reception area, a restaurant, a pool, the surrounding area and a spa. The construction began in January 2019 and was completed in July 2019.
The aesthetics of Parīlio are guided by the clean lines and simplistic beauty of classic Cycladic architecture, elevated by a meticulously curated collection of modern and vintage furniture and contemporary design pieces. Exposed concrete, terracotta flooring, and local marble are complemented by a subdued color palette to create peaceful spaces that embody the slowed rhythms of Paros living. The use of distinctive structural motifs such as carved stone arches and concrete columns further evokes a sense of age-old sanctuary, while the inclusion of modern design pieces by leading Greek and European designers adds a refreshing relevance to the overall concept. Statement ceramics sourced from the Marrakech-based studio of LRNCE spark conversation through the communal spaces and suites, crystalizing Parīlio’s status as a serious design destination in its own right.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The only branded 5-star hotel on the island of Paros
A breathtakingly scenic pool
Sophisticated and holistic design by the Athens-based firm of Interior Design Laboratorium
Located on Paros’ north-eastern coast between Kolympithres beach and just a mere 10-min drive from the island’s lifestyle and nightlife hub of Naoussa, the hotel is ideally situated for equal doses of sea and exploration. The beach, a short walk or drive from the property, is defined by a series of unique rock formations and a shallow coastline that invites visitors to wander endlessly in the distinct turquoise blue waters that mark these shores of the Aegean Sea.
Key sites/activities in the area
The famous Kolympithres beach is conveniently located within walking distance, while Naoussa, a traditional fishermen village, that bustles day and night, attracting visitors to its many bars, tavernas and boutiques is a 10-min drive from Parīlio via the daily shuttle from the hotel. The island’s modern-day capital, Parikia, overflows with shops, restaurants and cafes nightlife.
Ancient ruins, like the ancient 13th century Frankish Castle, pepper the town with glimpses into the island’s storied past, and ensure expeditions offer equal value in culture and leisure. Further inland lies the mountain village of Lefkes, Paros’ first capital, the island’s history appears frozen in time, with rickety tavernas, leaning houses and a number of local ceramic workshops and studios.
The imposing cross-shaped pool that is highlighted by 2 impressive rocks
There is no minimum age
TOTAL NUMBER OF SUITES: 33
• AURORA SUITE (approx. 30 sq.m. / 320 sq.ft.) x 9
Aurora is either on the ground or first floor with a beautiful view to the surrounding nature. It features a king or queen-size bed, spacious bathroom with rainfall shower and private terrace with sunbeds and sitting area. It can be interconnected with Halo Suite.
• HALO SUITE (approx. 40 sq.m. / 430 sq.ft.) x 13
Halo is located either on the ground or first floor. It features a comfortable bedroom with king-size bed along with a sofa bed, separate living area, luxurious bathroom with rainfall shower and private terrace with comfortable sunbeds and sitting area overlooking the stunning swimming pool or the magnificent gardens of the hotel. It can be interconnected with Halo or Aurora Suite.
• URANUS SUITE (approx. 40 sq.m. / 430 sq.ft.) x 9
Uranus is located on the first floor with a private outdoor jacuzzi and views to the surrounding nature, the pool, the beach and Kolympithres bay. It features a comfortable bedroom with king-size bed along with a sofa bed, separate living area, luxurious bathroom with rainfall shower and a private terrace that embraces the jacuzzi bounded by sunbeds and a sitting area.
• SUN SUITE (approx. 40 sq.m. / 430 sq.ft.) x 2
Sun is located on the ground floor with a private pool and captivating garden views. It features a comfortable bedroom with king-size bed along with a sofa bed, separate living area, luxurious bathroom with rainfall shower and a private patio that embraces the inviting pool bounded by sunbeds and a sitting area.
Restaurants & Bars
• MR. E RESTAURANT : Mr. E invites you to taste the island’s famed gastronomic legacy in a space embraced by a verdant, natural environment and ample Cycladic light, surrounded by the wild beauty ofParos’ pastoral landscape. Created by celebrated Chef, Alexandros Tsiotinis, Mr. E is a treat of casual elegance, serving fresh, seasonal Greek and Mediterranean cuisine inspired by the island’s natural bounty. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• THE SPA: For those looking to fully embrace the slow-paced Cycladic way of living, the on-site Asian spa offers the ultimate time out with facial and body treatments that incorporate an Asian-inspired mix of essential oils
• FITNESS CENTER: Featuring state-of-the-art equipment, the fitness center is ideal for guests who wish to be active and fit during their vacation.
• THE POOL: The imposing cross-shaped pool that is highlighted by two impressive rocks, bounded by loungers and the extraordinary cycladic natural environment lends itself for utter relaxation.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Birthday Celebrations
Extra Notable Features
• Dedicated Yoga area for 2020
• Cooking class: Cooking classes animated by our Chef can be organized at our pool bar
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• 100% Hotels Design Awards: Best All-Day Restaurant
Number of employees