Park Hyatt Milan
Park Hyatt Milan
Via Tommaso Grossi 1
20121 Milan, Italy
Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Former Hotel Manager at Hotel Villa Cora – Firenze
5 Star Luxury
Park Hyatt Milan
History & Story
Park Hyatt Milan, inaugurated on 15 October 2003, enjoys a prestigious location in the Italian capital of business and fashion. This hotel is in perfect keeping with the refined style and sophisticated elegance that characterises the city.
Park Hyatt Milan is located in the heart of the city at via Tommaso Grossi 1, overlooking the famous Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II and a few steps from Piazza del Duomo, the Alla Scala Theatre, and the city’s cultural and financial district. Close to the hotel are the elegant boutiques on via Montenapoleone and via della Spiga, as well as some of the finest Milanese restaurants.
The first Hyatt hotel to be built in Italy, Park Hyatt Milan was constructed around a beautiful historical palazzo dating back to 1870, which was itself originally intended to be a hotel before becoming private houses and offices.
The hotel’s architecture and interior design are by the famous American architect Ed Tuttle.
2010 – New Spa and Suites Collection – Hotel adds Prestige Suite, SPA Suite and Imperial Suite to the existing line up
2013 – Revamp of the Diplomatic Suite with outside jacuzzi
Architect: Ed Tuttle
2017 – Revamp of La Cupola in a new all day dining F&B outlet, available not only for breakfast but also for lunch and dinner. Mio Bar is now Mio Lab, a cocktail bar, open from 5:00 pm until 1:00 am.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Location: very heart of Milan city centre
• Service: hotel has been awarded in 2012 from Travel + Leisure “Best Service Hotel Worldwide”
• Private Suite Terraces: terrace with a view over the city and the Duomo Cathedral
• VUN Andrea Aprea has been the first restaurant inside a hotel to receive a Michelin star in Milan. The gourmet restaurant VUN Andrea Aprea obtained a second Michelin star in 2018.
• “Living bathroom” Concept: the largest ones in the city from the lowest room category
Overlooking the famous Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II and a few steps from Piazza del Duomo, the Alla Scala opera house, and the city’s cultural and financial district. Close to the hotel are the elegant boutiques on via Montenapoleone and via della Spiga, as well as some of the finest restaurants.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Duomo Cathedral, 130 m, 1 minute by walk
• Alla Scala, Opera House, 180 m, 2 minutes by walk
• Fashion District – Via Montenapoleone, 750 m, 8 minutes by walk
• Santa Maria delle Grazie Church – Leonardo Da Vinci’s Last Supper, 15 minutes by walk
• Brera District, 650 m, 9 minutes by walk
• Very Important Dog Programme: complimentary set-up that is prepared in the rooms of all guests travelling with their “loyal friend”.
• Yoga: hotel provides a complete yoga mat and DVD box set as a guide to all suite guests
• Bicycle Programme: free Park Hyatt Milan Bicycle Valet service
Family Rate Plan: 50% off the second room when children under 12 years travelling with parents
Very Important Baby Programme: for smallest guests, we prepare a special set-up in their room and we offer the possibility to borrow or buy baby items.
• 34 Park Rooms, Size: 35 – 38 sq m (377-409 sq ft)
• 41 Park Deluxe Rooms, Size: 40 – 45 sq m (430-484 sq ft)
• 6 Park Deluxe Executive, Size 50 – 55 sq m (538-603 sq ft)
• 9 Park Junior Suites, Size: 50 sq m (538 sq ft)
• 3 Park Executive Suites, Size: 55 sq m (603 sq ft)
• 4 Park Terrace Suites, Size: 65 sq m (700 sq ft) – all placed on the 6th floor, with terraces overlooking the city, one overlooking the Duomo Cathedral
• 5 Prestige Suite, Size: 75 sq m (807 sq ft)
• 1 Ambassador Suite, Size: 90 sq m (968 sq ft)
• 1 Duomo Suite, Size: 115 – 155 sq m (1,237-1,668 sq ft)- placed on the 6th floor, with terrace hosting a private jacuzzi, overlooking the Duomo Cathedral
• 1 Presidential Suite, Size: 160 – 270 sq m (1,721-2,905 sq ft) – placed on the 6th floor, with terrace overlooking the city center
• 1 Imperial Suite, Size: 175 – 205 sq m (1,884-2,206 sq ft)
All our rooms and suites have large bathroom with tube separated from the shower.
Restaurants & Bars
• Restaurant, VUN Andrea Aprea
2 Michelin Star obtained in 2018.
Executive Chef Andrea Aprea: he comes to the Park Hyatt Milan hotel with a wealth of experience gained in Italy and abroad. His cuisine is founded on three simple elements: technique, innovation and respect for the Italian gastronomic tradition.
Hours : Tuesday–Saturday: 7:00 p.m.–10:30 p.m.
• MIO Lab
Cocktail bar in the heart of Milan, the place to be for the aperitivo and after dinner, with cocktails created by the worldwide known mixologist Oscar Quagliarini.
Pintxos created by our Michelin-starred chef Andrea Aprea during the aperitivo time.
It opens at 5:00 pm until 1:00 am.
• La Cupola Lounge
This is a newAll Day Dining Food&Beverage outlet, it offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Hours: 7:00 am – 12:30 am
Lunch: 12:00 pm – 2:30 pm
Dinner: 6:30 pm – 10:45 pm
• Spa and Gym
The Spa by Sisley is an oasis where a wide range of treatments support a balance between body, mind and soul.
Exclusive to Milan, The Spa offers a selection of famous Sisley Paris treatments. Two international icons of excellence synonymous with quality and luxury have partnered up to offer Milan the ultimate city Spa experience at Park Hyatt Milan. For Sisley Paris, it was a natural decision to bring their exclusive products and services to the prestigious Spa of Park Hyatt Milan, a unique place dedicated to pure relaxation and luxury.
Regain your strength, relax after a journey and rediscover your soul.
Innovative and professional treatment methods allow you to restore well-being and beauty.
HOURS : 9:00am-9:00pm
• Fitness Center
Open 24 hours with the latest cardiovascular TecnoGym equipment.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Corporate event: Masters of Food & Wine
Park Hyatt Masters of Food and Wine is a series of sophisticated culinary and beverage experiences hosted at Park Hyatt locations around the world. Each Park Hyatt hotel hosts a series of seasonal- and local-inspired culinary experiences that will take place four times per year around the change of season. Through engaging and interactive programming, both resident and visiting gourmands and oenophiles can become ‘masters’ of regional cuisine. Events are led by Park Hyatt chefs and sommeliers as masters-in-training will learn about top-notch, seasonal cuisine in hands-on ‘courses.’
Extra Notable Features
• Art at Park Hyatt Milano
• Park Hyatt Milan’s long standing dedication to the arts dates back to the installation of Lucio Fontana’s Testa di Medusa in the Cupola Lobby Lounge in 2007. Today, after ten years since its inauguration, Park Hyatt continues its • dedication to the art world by showcasing the following masterpieces:
• “Untitled 2013” by Anish Kapoor – Cupola Lobby Lounge
• “Untitled” by Tancredi Parmeggiani – Presidential Suite
• “L’Arte di Pin Morales” – Cupola Lobby Lounge and Imperial Suite
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• VUN Andrea Aprea: 2 Michelin Stars.
• 1st Hotel in Milan, TripAdvisor
• Restaurant VUN: 1 Michelin Star
• No. 1 for the World’s Best Service 2012 award, by Travel + Leisure
• Top 100 Best in the World 2012 – Italy Top 40 – Condé Nast Traveler Top 100 Readers’ Choice Awards
Number of employees