Park Hyatt Zurich
Park Hyatt Zurich
Zurich, Switzerland, 8002
Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Jan Peter van der Ree joined Park Hyatt Zurich as General Manager and Area Vice President in 2014. Mr van der Ree is of Dutch nationality and joined Hyatt in 1988. During his international career, Mr van der Ree has successfully managed many different Hyatt properties in Asia and Europe.
5 Star Luxury
Park Hyatt is Hyatt’s luxury brand. Park Hyatt hotels are luxurious boutique hotels that are distinguished by their prime locations, exceptional interior designs and works of art.
History & Story
Park Hyatt Zurich opened its doors in 2004 and was the first purpose-built luxury hotel in Zurich.
Positioned in the heart of the city, Park Hyatt Zurich is a sleek and sophisticated boutique hotel combining cool, cutting edge design with a warm and welcoming ambiance. The location of the hotel is unparalleled – just moments from the prestigious institutions of Paradeplatz Square, the luxurious boutiques of Bahnhofstrasse and the scenic beauty of Lake Zurich.
The 142 generously sized guestrooms and suites offer sophisticated comfort. The restaurant “parkhuus” with its open show kitchen guarantees a delicious culinary experience, the stylish ONYX bar fascinates with its open and original design, and The Lounge, with its comfortable chairs and open fireplace, forms the heart of the hotel. The facilities and services of this urban City Hotel are complemented by the Club Olympus Spa.
Park Hyatt Zurich undergoes a constant soft re-furnishing process in cooperation with top international designers such as Janice Clausen and Hirsch Bedner Associates.
Date added extensions
• In 2013, Park Hyatt Zurich completed refurbishment of the hotel’s lobby lounge and the in-house ONYX bar.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Part of the only international luxury hotel chain in Zurich
• Largest guestrooms and suites in downtown Zurich
• Top central location
• Most vibrant and innovative F&B concepts that are most frequented by the local clientele
• Hyatt Gold Passport Loyalty Programme
• Rewards at in-house bar and restaurant
Zurich ranks among the cities with the highest standard of living in the world. Park Hyatt Zurich is centrally located within the vicinity of the commercial and financial districts, the famous designer boutiques on Bahnhofstrasse and is also only few steps away from Lake Zurich.
Key sites/activities in the area
• A few minutes walk from the famous Bahnhofstrasse central shopping street.
• 220 meters distance to the picturesque lake of Zurich
• Within easy reach of all major attractions such as the Zurich Opera house, Zurich Congress Hall, international museums and the old city of Zurich.
• V.I.D Service at Park Hyatt Zurich – Your dog is always welcome
By supporting you in spending some quality time with your best friend, we will place a nice dog bed, water and a food bowl as well as a little welcome amenity in your room.
At Park Hyatt Zurich, we understand the importance of family time. In order to best cater for your childrens needs when travelling, Park Hyatt Zurich offers a Very Important Baby Service (V.I.B.), including specially chosen amenities.
The 138 generously sized guestrooms and suites offer sophisticated comfort. All rooms offer complimentary high-speed Internet access, 24-hour room service, daily fruit basket, fresh flowers, mineral water, Nespresso Machines, Bang & Oulufson televisions and evening turndown service. Personalised service begins with in-room check-in in the Suites.
• Park King / Twin Room
Floor-to-ceiling windows offer spectacular Zurich views, complementing elegant warm-toned interiors, marble bath with Grohe rain shower and separate tub and work area.
• Park Junior Suite
Spacious 54-sq.-metre room features lush warm-toned decor sitting area with leather-upholstered furnishings and spacious work desk area.
• Park Suite King
Luxurious 72-sq.-metre corner suite offers panoramic Zurich views and elegant interiors featuring sitting area, marble bath with free standing tub and Grohe rain shower, and a separate bedroom.
• Park Executive Suite King
Rich copper and red tones combine with cherry wood floors and stitched alligator accents in a 108-sq.-metre suite, highlighting a parlor, dining table, study, spa -area.
• Presidential Suite
Hand-tufted rugs, elegant furnishings, and fine decor complement a 180-sq.-metre corner suite with parlor, office, kitchen, dining area, marble bath with steam & sauna
Restaurants & Bars
• Lobby Lounge
Invitingly located, with comfortable lounge chairs and sofas, “The Lounge” forms with its open fireplace the heart of the hotel. “The Lounge” is the main breakfast venue of the hotel and provides an all day à la carte menu, featuring Swiss delicacies, along with a choice of International dishes and the signature healthy beauty-, brain- and moodfood menu.
• ONYX Bar
The authentic onyx stone with interior lighting, which is used generously in the decor, gave the ONYX Bar its name. The floor-to-ceiling glass walls provide views out onto the restaurant’s summer terrace. The ONYX Bar has rightfully trumped many of the city’s stalwart nightspots to become a favourite, catering to the chic crowd in town
The parkhuus Restaurant with its open show kitchen places emphasis on distinctive flavours and exceptional quality, so that a delicious culinary experience is guaranteed. Private dining for up to 10 people and wine tastings are available in the wine libray.
• Club Olympus
An oasis of relaxation for mind and steam rooms and sauna. Private treatment rooms for a variety of beauty and holistic treatments such various facial and body treatments and different massages. The men’s and ladies’ areas both feature a sauna and a steam bath, as well as a rest room with magazines and relaxing music. Immediately adjacent are the changing rooms, with lockers and showers.
• Fitness Center
Park Hyatt Zurich offers its guests an exclusive fitness centre with the latest cardio-vascular equipment and technology, open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Master of Food and Wine Events:
We invite you to join our series of Masters of Food & Wine events, interactive culinary and beverage experiences that offer area residents and visiting gourmands a chance to connect with and acquire skills from our award-winning chefs and sommeliers, professional chocolatiers, craft brew masters, local farmers, tea producers and more.
Extra Notable Features
• Yoga Away
Park Hyatt Zurich has introduced YogaAway for those who want to start off their mornings invigorated, or for those who need to recuperate at the end of a long day.
• Cocktail Classes at ONYX Bar
Whether the drinks are shaken or stirred, these cocktail classes will give you the tips and teach you the tricks of the experts. Learn how to prepare exciting cocktails from the Bar Chef of the Year, Wolfgang Bogner, and surprise your guests at home with the secrets you have learned from a professional.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Zürich Geht Aus! Magazine 2016: Restaurant parkhuus in 3rd place in the category “Business on Bahnhofstrasse”.
• Sonntagszeitung Hotelrating 2016: 3rd place
We are very proud to be once again rated by the Sonntagszeitung as on of the the top three city hotels of Switzerland.
• TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016: parkhuus Restaurant and Park Hyatt Zurich
The award, which honors exceptional hospitality, is distributed worldwide to restaurant and hotels who receive consistently outstanding traveler reviews on TripAdvisor.
• Energy Agency for Industry Certificate
Voluntary Climate Protection and Energy Efficiency
• For the second year in a row, the jury of the Connoisseur Circle and Hubertus von Hohenlohe’s ‘500 Very Special Hotels’ have rewarded Park Hyatt Zurich with first place.
• 150 Best Hotels of Switzerland 2014 – 1st place
2012 – 2013
• Sonntagszeitung Hotel Rating 2013
• Top three of best city hotels in Switzerland
• Condé Nast Traveler’s Gold List 2013 – The World’s best places to stay
• Travel + Leisure 500 – Park Hyatt Zurich as the only hotel in Switzerland in their ultimate collection
• Condé Nast Readers’ Choice Award 2012 – Best Hotel List (#4 in Central Europe)
• Best Bar Menue – ONYX Bar (#1) – Swiss Bar Awards
Number of employees