Park Hyatt Mallorca Spain
Park Hyatt Mallorca
Urbanización Atalaya de Canyamel Vial A, 12, Canyamel, Mallorca,
Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Public : stock exchange
Date of Creation
September 27, 1957
Hotel General Manager
Michael Schmid’s genuine passion for hospitality came from his will to please people and learn about different cultures. After graduating from the Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne, Switzerland, he moved to Boston to start working in Room Service. Ever since then, he climbed the steps of success within the hospitality industry, working in Chicago, Berlin and Zürich. His journey in Hyatt started in 2004, in Moscow, and continued in London, Sao Paulo and Costa Rica, his first opening and assignment as a General Manager. Now, his journey continues with the first opening of a Hyatt Resort in Europe: Park Hyatt Mallorca.
5-star Luxury : Park Hyatt Mallorca. The luxury brand is Park Hyatt.
Parkt Hyatt Mallorca
History & Story
In 1979, philanthropist and entrepreneur Jay Pritzker envisioned a boutique hotel that embodied understated luxury. Today, Park Hyatt Mallorca belongs to a unique portfolio of Park Hyatt hotels around the world that reflect his personal passions, from renowned art and design to exceptional food and wine and highly personalized service.
Park Hyatt has a distinctive personality – a “home-away-from-home” that continues to provide guests opportunities to share knowledge, discover enriching experiences together and create memories that last a lifetime.
In June 2016, Hyatt opened its first resort in Europe: Park Hyatt Mallorca, a luxury retreat that hugs the Cap Vermell cape on Mallorca’s northeast coast. Its design resembles a traditional Mallorcan hilltop village with references of local art and cultural heritage, a place clad in local stone that sits in lush gardens among olive and citrus groves surrounded by the natural beauty of the mountain valley. The resort offers a place of escapism and promises to create unique and mindful experiences for all guests.
Hotel is new, just open in June 2016
Date added extensions
Hotel is new, just open in June 2016
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Park Hyatt Mallorca makes its guests feel like they are visiting a hilltop village in Mallorca. As they stroll around, they can find terraced houses on cobblestone streets, a main square with restaurants and a small stream running across flower gardens and fruit trees that belong to the island.
In every corner, guests will be surprised by spaces that invite them to stay:
• Residential design, luxury accommodation: 142 spacious and luxuriously appointed guestrooms with furnished terraces, including 16 sophisticated suites with views over the valley of Canyamel.
• Authentic gastronomic experiences: A selection of restaurants centered on a village square, presenting a range of cuisines utilizing ingredients sourced locally.
• Soothing spa experience: Serenitas Spa, a tranquil sanctuary offering luxury massages and beauty treatments based on the island’s minerals, herbs and fruits.
• Privileged location: An ideal location, wealthy in culture and nature, offering opportunities for sightseeing, practicing sports and discovering a new part of the island.
• Exclusive event spaces: Impressive venues inspired by the comforts and qualities associated with luxurious residential designs, perfect for weddings, meetings or any social event.
Park Hyatt Mallorca is located in a natural area surrounded by mountains that belong to the Sierra de Llevant. The beach and town of Canyamel is less than 1km away and the stream “Torrent of Canyamel” flows out to sea at the beach, forming the pool of L´estany de n´Anyana, which is an important environmental location where several migratory birds, such as mallards, spend winter. The place offers opportunities for those looking for a relaxing or a more active vacation. Cycling, trekking, horse-riding, sea fishing, sailing, water sports, golf and tennis are examples of activities that can performed in the area.
At only 500 m, the famous Caves of Artà represent a fascinating network of underground caverns, with stalactites and stalagmites that received an early visit from Jules Verne, where he found inspiration to write the “Journey to the Centre of the Earth”.
Neighboring towns, at less than 10 km from Park Hyatt Mallorca, are Artà and Capdepera, an area that is still quite unknown, wealthy in culture and nature. The castle of Capdepera and the fortress of Artà are examples of some of the historical landmarks. The port towns of Cala Ratjada or Cala Millor (both 15 km away) offer plenty of water activities and boat tours. Each town holds a market every week all year round that sells local food and traditional handcrafts.
At less than 15 km, guests can visit the natural park area of “Llevant”, declared a National Park in 2002 and renowned for its remote and unspoilt pristine sandy beaches and its colonies of Mediterranean tortoises. Several striking hiking trails start from there but it is also possible to drive through the reserve up a narrow road to enjoy the views from the top down on to the Bay of Alcudia. Llevant Nature Reserve is also a popular destination for bird watching. Some of the land is privately owned and there is a visitor centre, again with hiking trails, on the road from Arta to the Ermita of Betlem (Betlem Shrine).
Within less than 15 km, guests can practice golf in four different golf courses that are the gems of the northeast side of the island.
Last but not least, guests have the chance to see where civilizations lived more than 3000 years ago visiting the adjacent Claper des Gegants (500 m) or prehistoric ruins Ses Paisses (9 km), some of the most important and well preserved archaeological sites in Mallorca.
Key sites/activities in the area
Local activities: Alpine walking, horseback riding, trekking, on and off road cycling, sea fishing, golf, tennis, padel, active water sports, coastering, climbing and much more.
Points of interest:
• Prehistoric Talaiot Sites
• Tower of Canyamel
• Capdepera Castle
• Medieval Town Artà
• Monastery of Artà
• Sanctuary of Sant Salvador
• Caves of Artà
• Pre-Roman ruins: “Claper Des Gegants”
• Natural park Península de Llevant
• Betlem Shrine
• Every day, just before the sun sets, the same flock of sparrows lay on the branches of the trees at the entrance.
• There a more than 70,000 plants across the resort. The rooms and suites are grouped into small neighborhoods named after the trees that are planted around them: Almond, Olive, Cherry, Pomegranate, Pear, Orange, Lemon and Fig.
• When the season arrives, the fruits from the trees planted in the resort delight guests and supply food to the restaurant kitchens. Chefs use the herbs for their recipes.
• A kestrel visited once the Balearic restaurant and accompanied the diners for more than one hour. It stayed so still that the hotel’s staff could take plenty of pictures.
• When asking the different employees around the property about their interests, we found that Park Hyatt Mallorca’s got talent: guitar players, professional surfers, singers and much more.
• Kids Club for young visitors, offering a world of fun, learning and exploration for children from 4 to 12 years old. From imaginative arts and crafts to interactive story telling sessions, music and much more, the Kids club at Park Hyatt Mallorca presents children with an endless variety of activities in a safe environment that nurtures their creativity and growth. Guests at Park Hyatt Mallorca can benefit of three complimentary hours of use per day.
• A kids pool is separate of the other pools so that children can have their special space for fun at the water
• A children’s park with gardens, swings and slides is adjacent to the resort.
• Number of suites: 16
• Number of Luxury rooms: 26
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 142
Restaurants & Bars
• Tapas Bar offers a sociable dining experience and a mouthwatering menu that emphasizes the genuine flavors of Spanish gastronomy, served in bite-size dishes. Guests can enjoy conversation over freshly prepared tapas, artisanal wines and cocktails created by skilled mixologists. Michelin starred chef David García designed the menu of the restaurant.
• Asia is exquisitely designed as a private villa whose residents have traveled in Asia and been influenced by its culture and cuisine. Serving Southeast Asian delicacies, the restaurant maintains a deep, almost pantheistic reverence for the surrounding nature, with a beautiful gardened terrace creating the perfect backdrop for Asian dining experiences. Special guest chefs from this part of the world have designed its menu.
• Balearic is the culinary heart of the hotel where guests can enjoy traditional gastronomy rooted in the strong culinary values of the region, where dining is a social affair. Diners can savor Spanish and Mallorcan cuisine made using only fresh ingredients sourced primarily from neighboring farms and fishing ports. The chef of Balearic, Manuel Pereira, designed the concept of a restaurant that respects the product and presents only fresh ingredients.
• Café Sa Plaça is an exquisite open-plan bistro with a central family-style table and a separate, more intimate dining area, all highlighted by local Mallorcan artwork. This stunning café is the ideal place to unwind and relax while reading the daily newspaper or catching up on e-mails.
Half board includes breakfast and dinner. Dinner consists of a three-course menu or buffet style menu, which is served, depending on the season, across the different restaurants.
• Poolside Bar —specializing in salads and light snacks, freshly squeezed juices, sorbets and smoothies
• The unique Serenitas Spa with seven treatment rooms including couples’ rooms, sauna, sensory showers, vitality pool and an exclusive Quartz sand bed
• Landscaped poolside terrace featuring three pools, two which are temperature-controlled and a separate children’s pool
• 24-hour Fitness Center offering state of-the-art cardio vascular and weight equipment
• Leisure and mountain bicycles available to explore the beautiful surrounding area. Storage facilities are provided for cycling groups
• As part of Grupo Cap Vermell, guests can also enjoy access for a small fee to the adjacent Country Club which includes an all-purpose sports field, two Tennis Courts, four padel courts, and further recreational and fitness facilities including an indoor heated and outdoor pool.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Over 1000 square meters (10,700 square feet) of dedicated meeting and event space. Imaginative programs for team building, families and weddings can be arranged.
• The Cap Vermell Residence offers 425 square meters (4370 square feet) of a collection of eight elegant yet versatile event and meeting spaces with capacity from 15 (smaller rooms) to 60 (larger rooms) in banquet style. Each of the meeting spaces surround a tiled courtyard with capacity for up to 80 guests featuring a central fountain inspired by murals from Alhambra.
• Ca Nostra: Ca Nostra (128 sq m, 1,377 sq ft) belongs to the collection of Cap Vermell Residences and offers a show kitchen to celebrate in a different way. Ca Nostra can host up to 24 guests with a banquet style setup, up to 115 guests for a reception and up to 60 guests for a banquet.
• The Park Ballroom is another area separate from Cap Vermell Residences and measures 225 square meters (2380 square feet) offering hi-tech audiovisual capabilities and a flexible lighting system. It can accommodate up to 150 guests for dinner. Wood, fabric paneling, artwork and floor-to-ceiling windows cover the 4 m (13 ft) tall walls and lend warmth and color to a stylish space. A stage is available for entertainment such as a band or DJ. The Park Ballroom also has a 102 sq m (1,098 sq ft) reception area to receive invites with style.
• Park Ballroom Terrace: A 190 sq m (2,045 sq ft) outdoor terrace adjacent to the Park Ballroom which can accommodate up to 150 guests. It is surrounded by carefully manicured gardens and views over the valley and the Mediterranean Sea.
• Sunken Garden: A unique terrace with a water feature surrounded by panoramic valley views and dreamy olive trees with metallic-silver foliage provides the setting for a perfect reception or wedding ceremony for 150 guests.
Extra Notable Features
• The hotel arranges cooking classes, gastronomic and beauty workshops, yoga classes, wine and olive oil tastings and many more activities.
• The restaurants can pack picnic for guests so that they can enjoy a Mallorcan feast with a view.
• Four Golf Courses within 15 minutes
• Horse and pony club within 15 minutes
• Diving, snorkeling, sailing tours available in the nearby ports
• Two tennis and four padel courts beside the hotel (less than 300 m).
Hotel and restaurant Awards
Hotel just opened in June 2016, so for now, there are no hotel and restaurant awards
Number of employees
102 in winter, 180 in shoulder and high season