Poseidonion Grand Hotel
Spetses Island, Greece
Poseidonion Grand Hotel
Dapia, 18050, Spetses Island
Creative Hospitality I.K.E.
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Previously worked in senior Management positions within significant hotels in Greece and abroad such as the Rome Cavalieri Hilton (Rome), The Eze Hermitage (Southern France), the King George Palace (Athens) and the luxury Aqua Blu Boutique Hotel and Spa (Kos).
5* Luxury Boutique Hotel
The Poseidonion Grand Hotel has seasonal business and remains open between April and October. Our long-term goal is for the hotel to remain open for 12 months and we are working constantly towards this end in order to improve and increase business in the off-season periods.
POSEIDONION GRAND HOTEL
History & Story
The Poseidonion Grand Hotel has been a landmark on the Spetses skyline for the past 100 years, with its exceptional architecture echoing hotels of Côte d’Azur style. The hotel, which first opened in 1914, was the brainchild of Sotirios Anargiros, a visionary benefactor who was responsible for much of Spetses’ development. Furthermore, it represented the cosmopolitan face of the island and soon became one of its famous landmarks, rapidly becoming a favourite destination for high society, royalty and wealthy Athenians. Following a meticulous five-year restoration programme which brought the hotel fully up to date with the finest facilities, fixtures, and fittings while carefully preserving the original architecture of the building, the fully refurbished Poseidonion Grand Hotel re-opened its doors to welcome new guests in the summer of 2009.
The hotel’s building is now separated into the New and the Historic Wing, including superior and deluxe rooms and suites which have unparalleled views of the Dapia Port area and the Argosaronic Gulf.
Spetses, the location of Poseidonion, is a car-free island approximately 180 km away from Athens in the heart of the Greek Riviera. Together with the neighbouring region of Porto Heli, the island represents a unique spot of interest for domestic and foreign visitors. With a rich naval history, Spetses played a key role in the Greek War of Independence, being the first island to raise the flag of the revolution. It is characterized by the beauty of its natural landscape with abundance of pine trees, the absence of cars, the horse-drawn carriages, the unique architecture of the captain’s mansions and the traditional shipyards.
The Poseidonion Grand Hotel was first built in 1914 by renowned architect Panagiotis Zisilas and renewed in 2009 after a meticulous five year restoration programme.
Date added extensions
In 2009 a new wing was built, which now houses 20 rooms in the style of the island houses, architecturally complementing the historic building.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
During the last century, apart from being a beacon of Greek hospitality, the Poseidonion, has been an inseparable part of Spetses life by having a significant presence in all the island’s major events and initiatives, enlivening the vision of its founder. Today, 10 years after its renaissance, the main aim of which was to save the historic building and create a five-star hotel worthy of the needs of modern luxury travellers, the Poseidonion continues to support the cultural and economic evolution of Spetses by being at the heart of cultural, athletic and entrepreneurial initiatives for the promotion of Spetses and Greece.
Dapia, Spetses island
Key sites/activities in the area
• Mountain Biking in Spetses
• Tour of the island by electric bike
• Yoga & Pilates
• Tai Chi Chuan
• Wheat Cycle and Bread Making
• Natural Soap Making
• Homemade Delicacies (cheese, marmalades, handmade pasta)
• Day Cruise to Hydra
• Day Tour to the Ancient theatre of Epidaurus
• Day Tour to Mycenae or Nafplio town
• Horse & Carriage Tour
• Traditional Kaiki Boat Tour
• Spetses Day Boat Tour
• 10 Deluxe Garden View Rooms: Historic Building, Garden View, 23 m2, One Bedroom
• 4 Deluxe Side Sea View Rooms: Historic Building, Partial Sea View, 25 m2, One Bedroom
• 14 Superior Garden View: New Building, Garden View, 36 m2, One Bedroom & Extended Sitting Area
• 12 Deluxe Sea View Rooms: Historic & New Building, Sea View, 30 m2, One Bedroom
• 4 Tower Rooms: Historic Building, Sea View, 32 m2, One Bedroom
• 5 Family Suites: Historic & New Building, Sea View, 58 m2, Two bedrooms & Sitting Area
• 4 Superior Suites: Historic Building, Sea View &/or Partial Sea View, 60 m2, One Bedroom & Separate Living Area
• 1 Cupola Suite (The hotel’s secret loft): Historic Building, Partial Sea View, 75 m2 interior (2 levels) & 90 m2 exterior – verandah, One Bedroom & Loft Area
• 1 Pool Suite: New Building, Garden & Partial Sea View, 68 m2 interior & 40 m2 Garden & Private Pool, One bedroom, separate living area & private pool
• 2 VIP Suites: Historic Building, Front Sea View, 90 m2, Two bedrooms, spacious living area in between
• 1 Royal Suite: Historic Building, Front Sea View & Panorama Terrace, 163 m2 interior & 85 m2 exterior, Three Bedrooms, separate dining – living area, private lift & panoramic verandah
Restaurants & Bars
• On The Verandah
Serving creative Greek cuisine on a spacious terrace on the front side of the historic building
• Library Brasserie
All day dining & lounge cafe located in the historic building overlooking the sea and port
• Palms Drinks & Bites
Cocktail bar located on a beautiful verandah of the historic building surrounded by the palm trees.
• Ιl Cortile
High-quality meat dominates the menu in dishes married to the flavours of classic Italian cuisine.
• Bostani Farm-To-Table
Organic farm-to-table restaurant where the Poseidonion Grand Hotel’s genuine love for Spetses and tradition truly meet.
Room Service & Mini Bar Service
Excursion Picnic Basket
Late Breakfast Option
Early ‘Pick me Up’ Breakfast for early departures
• Wellness & Spa Center by ‘Asian Spa’: Massage Rooms, Sauna, Hammam, Private Swimming Pool
• Sun Bathing Deck & Terrace
• Fresh Water Swimming Pool
• Hair & Nail Salon by Ioannou Loizos
Corporate & Celebration Events
Meetings & Private Events inclusive of:
• Conference & Banqueting Room for max. 70 people
• Cine Titania for max. 250 people
• Up-to-date audio visual equipment
• Business Centre, Internet Corner
• Secretarial & PC Rental Service
• Wedding Planning Service
• Concierge Services
Extra Notable Features
Recreation & Leisure
• Babysitting (upon request)
• Hiking Excursions
• Mountain Biking
• PADI Diving & Water Sports Centre
Concierge / Guest Relations Desk
Transfer to / from the port (upon request)
Laundry and Dry Cleaning Service
Yacht & Helicopter arrangements
Airport Pick-Up (upon request)
Boat Rental Service
Horse & Carriage – Private Service
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Tourism Award 2019 for the Bostani in the category Guest Experience
• Greek Cuisine Award for the On the Verandah Restaurant from 2017-present
• Luxury Boutique Hotel, Europe 2013 in the World Luxury Hotel Awards
• Best International Hotel Marketing Award, Best Hotel Marketing Europe, and Best Hotel Marketing Greece in the 2013 International Hotel Awards
• Best Boutique Hotel in Europe, and Best Boutique Hotel Culinary Excellence in the 2013 Boutique Hotel Awards
• Best Small Hotel Greece & Best Hotel in 2012, Boutique Hotel
• Best Hotel Architecture, Greece, and Best Hotel Architecture, Europe in 2012 from the International Hotel Awards
Number of employees