Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa Spain
Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa
Bulevar Príncipe Alfonso von Hohenlohe, s/n, 29602 Marbella, Málaga
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Jorge Manzur. He is responsible for achieving optimal guest satisfaction and a good working environment to attain all set objectives. Work in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures and Policies as set out by The Leading Hotels of the World.
5-star; Leading Hotel of the World
PUENTE ROMANO BEACH RESORT & SPA
History & Story
Puente Romano was built in 1974 as one of the most exclusive apartment complexes in Marbella by the German-Spanish Royal Prince Alfonso de Hohenlohe while the area was the meeting place for the international jet set.
Mr. Mouaffak Al Midani, who was a special guest in Marbella Club, bought it in 1979 and converted Puente Romano into a luxurious resort hotel. The resort has its name from the antique Roman Bridge, located in the centre of its extensive gardens, which was built in the first century, as part of the Via Augusta, which once connected Rome with Cádiz.
Since its opening, the resort was the meeting point of the international high society. The first important event was the wedding party of the tennis legend Bjorn Borg in 1980. Bjorn Borg afterwards became the first Manager of the Puente Romano Tennis Club which is recognized as the best in Southern Europe and hosted the Federation Cup, Davis Cup, ATP Grand Prix’s and Exhibitions.
The atmosphere perfectly combines the historical construction with the spectacular designs of the renowned British interior designer Andrew Martin, providing a very elegant and trendy Mediterranean style.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Beach Front, botanic gardens, 10 restaurants, Six senses spa, private golf course, family friendly and water sports.
Located in Marbella’s Golden Mile, just 5 minutes’ drive from the old town and the luxurious Puerto Banus; and 35 minutes from Malaga International Airport.
Key sites/activities in the area
Its location allows guests to enjoy water, gastronomy, cultural or adventures activities; and enjoy cities as Ronda, Tarifa, Malaga, Seville, Granada or Tangier.
Several swimming pools are spread out all over the site and guests will also find the Six Senses Spa, Tennis & Fitness Club and Marbella Club Golf Resort with its 18 holes course and horse riding centre.
Enjoy a drink on the chill out terrace in La Plaza, with an exclusive atmosphere, or at an exciting DJ sessions at the sophisticated club La Suite. Moreover, the iconic Joe’s Bar has reopened at the resort; and it celebrates smash hits of the 70s, 80s and 90s, and serves a designer cocktail to hydrate while dancing!
The Kids Club offers a great range of activities and opens from May until the end of August; and also during school holiday periods. Open for kids between 1 and 16 years old. Babies over 1, can attend if accompanied by an adult. The sport camp offers swimming, theatre, football, tennis or padel private classes.
Standard of accommodation is defined by spacious and comfortable suites. Conceived and designed to create a peaceful space with spacious rooms, bathrooms and private. They have been created to guarantee maximum comfort and are characterized by contemporary Mediterranean style furnishings in neutral colours and completed with all amenities. Different connected combinations.
• Number of rooms: 259
- Junior Suite (55 m²)
- Deluxe Junior Suite (60 m²)
- Deluxe Garden Suite (65 m²)
- Gran Suite Kitchen (100 m²)
- Deluxe Two Bedroom Suite (100 m²)
• Grand Suites and Villas:
- Grand Junior Suite (70 m²)
- Al-Andalus Suite (105 m²)
- Mediterranean Suite (125 m²)
- Royal Beach Suite: (140 m²)
- Imperial Beach Suite (190 m²)
- Villa Suite: 4 bedrooms (250 m²)
- Villa Margarita: 3 bedrooms (150 m²)
- Villa Pereza: 4 bedrooms (210 m² + 800m² of gardens)
- Villa Armonia: 5 bedrooms
Restaurants & Bars
• Sea Grill (with views to the Mediterranean, offers an incredible menu composed of the freshest ingredients, including seafood, Tandoor oven or charcoal grill dishes -Open: Lunch and dinner)
• UNI (Nikkei cuisine, fusion of Japanese and Peruvian. Its extensive Sake wine list is accompanied by a wide selection of Piscos – Open: Dinner)
• Del Mar (Characterised by its diversity in a relaxed, sophisticated atmosphere. Menu mixes oriental dishes with Andalusian cuisine. These include dishes such as grilled octopus, seafood, and a wide range of fish served in various ways like Sushi, Ceviche, Tartar and sardine “espetos” – Open in summer season)
• Dani García Restaurante (Two Michelin star restaurant, offers both, the most creative and the most traditional recipes in Andalusian cuisine. Which is reinterpreted through new textures, flavours and hot/cold contrasts – Open: Lunch and dinner – Reservation always needed)
• BIBO by Dani Garcia (Andalusian Brasserie & Tapas Bar – Open: Lunch and dinner)
• Serafina (Modern Italian restaurant offering a magnificent selection of wines in an unbeatable atmosphere – Open: Dinner)
• Thai Gallery (For lovers of Thai cuisine, magic and elegant space that has been created to enjoy delicacies from the most creative Thailand cuisine – Open: Dinner)
• Celicioso (Offers food 100% gluten free, the healthiest options in a trendy atmosphere. Breakfasts, lunches and dinners and also the option of cocktail, coffee or a glass of champagne)
• Rachel’s (Menu boasting 100% organic products, located next to one of the swimming pools – Open: Lunch and dinner)
• Three swimming pools (one overlooking the Mediterranean Sea; two heated all year).
• Six Senses Spa Marbella (only one in Spain). Its design combines traditional features from Andalusia architecture with natural stone and locally sourced materials. It becomes a true paradise for relaxation and rejuvenation, offering a wide offer of treatments, series of yoga and integrated wellness programmes.
• Gym offering the latest generation TechnoGym equipment with Aerobic classes, spinning and a Pilate’s studio.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Modern Conference Centre with a capacity for up to 700 guests. Thanks to its versatility, it is perfect for all types of meetings, exhibitions, conferences, banquets, etc. Located on the ground floor, it comprises the Andalucía Meeting Space, which can be sub-divided into five spacious open-plan rooms and two separate conference rooms. Its impressive outdoor facilities include two traditional Andalusian patios, which are perfect for open-air events such as coffee breaks or lunches.
Extra Notable Features
• Golf, tennis, padel tennis, cycling and aquatic sports (summer) on site
• Babysitting service and Personal assistant service (upon request)
• All type of activities as diving, helicopter tour, cooking class or wine tasting can be organised
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Conde Nast Traveler Awards as Best Resort in Spain
• Bronze Award for Best Overseas Hotel, M&IT London
Number of employees
300 up to 600 in high season