Puente Romano Beach Resort Spain
Puente Romano Beach Resort
Bulevar Príncipe Alfonso von Hohenlohe, s/n, 29602 Marbella,
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Jorge Manzur. He is responsible for achieving optimal guest satisfaction and a good working environment to attain all set objectives. Work in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures and Policies as set out by The Leading Hotels of the World.
5-star; Leading Hotel of the World
PUENTE ROMANO BEACH RESORT
History & Story
Puente Romano was built in 1974 as one of the most exclusive apartment complexes in Marbella by the German-Spanish Royal Prince Alfonso de Hohenlohe while the area was the meeting place for the international jet set.
Mr. Mouaffak Al Midani, who was a special guest in Marbella Club, bought it in 1979 and converted Puente Romano into a luxurious resort hotel. The resort has its name from the antique Roman Bridge, located in the centre of its extensive gardens, which was built in the first century, as part of the Via Augusta, which once connected Rome with Cádiz.
Since its opening, the resort was the meeting point of the international high society. The first important event was the wedding party of the tennis legend Bjorn Borg in 1980. Bjorn Borg afterwards became the first Manager of the Puente Romano Tennis Club which is recognized as the best in Southern Europe and hosted the Federation Cup, Davis Cup, ATP Grand Prix’s and Exhibitions.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Beach Front, botanic gardens, 10 restaurants, Six senses spa, private golf course, family friendly and water sports.
Located in Marbella’s Golden Mile, just 5 minutes’ drive from the old town and the luxurious Puerto Banus; and 35 minutes from Malaga International Airport.
Key sites/activities in the area
Its location allows guests to enjoy water, gastronomy, cultural or adventures activities; and enjoy cities as Ronda, Tarifa, Malaga, Seville, Granada or Tangier.
Several swimming pools are spread out all over the site and guests will also find the Six Senses Spa, Tennis & Fitness Club and Marbella Club Golf Resort with its 18 holes course and horse riding centre.
La Plaza is an open-air terrace in the centre of the resort and is surrounded by five restaurants, each with a different atmosphere. The lights that illuminate the roman bridge, the live music and the pleasant temperature of Marbella’s microclimate set the scene for guests to enjoy an exclusive and special atmosphere.
Express yourself in the most uninhibited of ways in our seductive nightclub on the edge of La Plaza.
Jump in head first with one of our VIP tables where you will be showered with ice cold bottles of Champagne and encouraged to dance the night away as you please. Step into a fashionable New Your City loft-inspired club mixed with the impressive Roman heritage of the property, and experience a night like never before. Open at midnight on Fridays and Saturdays, you will find only the most fashionable pf partygoers at La Suite.
The Kids Club offers a great range of activities and opens from May until the end of August; and also during school holiday periods. Open for kids between 1 and 16 years old. Babies over 1, can attend if accompanied by an adult. The sport camp offers swimming, theatre, football, tennis or padel private classes.
Standard of accommodation is defined by spacious and comfortable suites. Conceived and designed to create a peaceful space with spacious rooms, bathrooms and private. They have been created to guarantee maximum comfort and are characterized by contemporary Mediterranean style furnishings in neutral colours and completed with all amenities. Different connected combinations.
• Number of suites: 180 suites
• Number of Private Villas : 3
– Junior Suite (55 m²)
– Deluxe Junior Suite (60 m²)
– Deluxe Garden Suite (65 m²)
– Gran Suite Kitchen (100 m²)
– Deluxe Two Bedroom Suite (100 m²)
Grand Suites and Villas:
– Grand Junior Suite (70 m²)
– Al-Andalus Suite (105 m²)
– Mediterranean Suite (125 m²)
– Royal Beach Suite: (140 m²)
– Imperial Beach Suite (190 m²)
– Villa Suite: 4 bedrooms (250 m²)
– Villa Margarita: 3 bedrooms (150 m²)
– Villa Pereza: 4 bedrooms (210 m² + 800m² of gardens)
– Villa Armonia: 5 bedrooms
Restaurants & Bars
• El Chiringuito: For a long, laid back lunch, you have the choice of a shaded deck or chic indoor restaurant. Of course you could always unwind on an ocean-side sun lounger and wait for a member of our team to come over and take your order. Here at El Chiringuito, anything goes. Then when the sun goes down and the stars light up, you can spend the evening with sommelier-selected wines, inventive cocktails and artfully mixed sangria.
• Nobu Restaurant: From the master of fusion himself, Chef Nobu Matsuhisa. You could dine alfresco overlooking La Plaza or in the spectacular dining room lit by lanterns and peppered with washi paper art. Either way, from the moment you open the menu, you will be blown away. From tempura to sashimi tacos, from wagyu to salmon avocado sushi maki. NOBU’s inventive dishes merge classic Japanese cooking with Peruvian flavours. Can’t choose? Our servers know the best combinations and dishes for certain tastes and will explain every detail.• Del Mar (Characterised by its diversity in a relaxed, sophisticated atmosphere. Menu mixes oriental dishes with Andalusian cuisine. These include dishes such as grilled octopus, seafood, and a wide range of fish served in various ways like Sushi, Ceviche, Tartar and sardine “espetos” – Open in summer season)
• Dani García Restaurante (3 Michelin star restaurant, offers both, the most creative and the most traditional recipes in Andalusian cuisine. Which is reinterpreted through new textures, flavours and hot/cold contrasts – Open: Lunch and dinner – Reservation always needed)
• BIBO by Dani Garcia (Andalusian Brasserie & Tapas Bar – Open: Lunch and dinner)
• Serafina (Modern Italian restaurant offering a magnificent selection of wines in an unbeatable atmosphere – Open: Dinner)
• Thai Gallery (For lovers of Thai cuisine, magic and elegant space that has been created to enjoy delicacies from the most creative Thailand cuisine – Open: Dinner)
• Celicioso (Offers food 100% gluten free, the healthiest options in a trendy atmosphere. Breakfasts, lunches and dinners and also the option of cocktail, coffee or a glass of champagne)
•Rachel´s Eco Love: Energising juices, protein shakes, avocado-topped olive bread, and peach-stuffed crêpes are just a small selection of the indulgent treats that await at Rachel’s. Each and every order is handmade from scratch using only the finest freshest ingredients. Take time out to enjoy a long lunch and some people watching beside the pool. At Rachel’s, you take life at your own pace.
• 3 swimming pools that can be heated and open all year round.
• Six Senses Spa Marbella (only one in Spain). Its design combines traditional features from Andalusia architecture with natural stone and locally sourced materials. It becomes a true paradise for relaxation and rejuvenation, offering a wide offer of treatments, series of yoga and integrated wellness programmes.
• Gym offering the latest generation TechnoGym equipment with Aerobic classes, spinning and a Pilate’s studio.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Modern Conference Centre with a capacity for up to 700 guests. Thanks to its versatility, it is perfect for all types of meetings, exhibitions, conferences, banquets, etc. Located on the ground floor, it comprises the Andalucía Meeting Space, which can be sub-divided into five spacious open-plan rooms and two separate conference rooms. Its impressive outdoor facilities include two traditional Andalusian patios, which are perfect for open-air events such as coffee breaks or lunches.
Extra Notable Features
• Golf, tennis, padel tennis, cycling and aquatic sports (summer) on site
• Babysitting service and Personal assistant service (upon request)
• All type of activities as diving, helicopter tour, cooking class or wine tasting can be organised
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Conde Nast Traveler Awards as Best Resort in Spain
• Bronze Award for Best Overseas Hotel, M&IT London
Number of employees
300 up to 600 in high season