Hotel Heritage – Relais & Châteaux Belgium
Hotel Heritage – Relais & Châteaux
Niklaas Desparsstraat 11, 8000, Bruges
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Johan & Isabelle Creytens bought the building in 1992 and opened the hotel in August 1993. At this moment, Johan is still general manager and Isabelle is responsible for interior, decorations and human resources.
4-star superior boutique Relais & Châteaux
HOTEL HERITAGE – RELAIS & CHÂTEAUX
History & Story
Isabelle, originally a German English teacher, worked for American Airlines Operations at Brussels Airport. Johan was a project manager, assisting his father, an architect himself. As the broker one day, suggested a desolated 19th century bank building in the city center, the young couple waited no longer to have a look…. Seeing the building, they immediately fell in love with this magnificent house. The feeling was right, this would be their future .. Lovingly restoring the building to its former glory and transforming it into a charming boutique hotel. In 1992 Johan and Isabelle got married, and started their journey in the “hotel world”. Night and day, they worked in the mansion, assisted the masons, plumbers, electricians, so that they would be ready to open their 3* ‘Hansa Hotel” in august 1993. In 2009 Restaurant Le Mystique, the onsite gastronomic restaurant, was opened and Hotel Heritage became a Relais & Chateaux member. Throughout these years Hotel heritage has won several awards.
The earliest written mention of the house that was found, dates back to 1390. The former owner ordered the construction of the new house in 1869 which was designed by Louis Delacenserie. In 1992, the building was bought by Johan and Isabelle Creytens who turned the building into a hotel. The building has been refurbished again in 2003.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Located near all main points of interest, Relais & Chateaux Hotel Heritage is the perfect boutique getaway for your city trip in the heart of magical Bruges. Make your stay even more exclusive with a gastronomic experience in our rewarded onsite fine dining restaurant “Le Mystique”.
The hotel is located at 50 m from the market square in the heart of the medieval city of Bruges. Cosy restaurants, art & history museums, exclusive boutiques and all main points of interest are at walking distance.
Key sites/activities in the area
Explore the UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE city’s rich history dating back thousands of years by wandering along Bruges’ alleys and picturesque canals. Stroll through the interesting ancient streets and visit famous historical sites of medieval Bruges. Bruges is also a safe and exciting, buzzing centre that provide cultural activities for all ages. This lovely city offers history, beautiful hidden places and a large selection of intimate restaurants and bars.
In 2019 Hotel Heritag was rewarded as the most romantic hotel of the world by the Luxury Hotel Award.
• 2 Junior Suites with Theater view – 40 sqm
Admire Bruges’ rooftops and the city’s Theather from this Junior Suite. Elegantly decorated in old world style with original wooden beams, sitting area, handmade Nilson king size bed, iPad, Nespresso coffee and tea, fresh fruit, mineral water, chef’s surprise and a pre-dinner drink. Bathroom with bubble bath, shower and double sink.
• 2 Junior Suites with Belfry view – 40 sqm
Admire Bruges’ rooftops and the city’s unique Belfry Tower from this Junior Suite. Elegantly decorated in old world style with original wooden beams, sitting area, handmade Nilson king size bed, iPad, Nespresso coffee and tea, fresh fruit, mineral water, chef’s surprise and a pre-dinner drink. Bathroom with bubble bath, shower and double sink.
• 5 Deluxe rooms – 25-30 sqm
Each Deluxe room is individually decorated preserving the buildings history. Romantic fabrics, cosy sitting area, spacious and comfortable. Handmade Nilson king size bed, iPad, Nespresso coffee and tea, fresh fruit, mineral water, pre-dinner drink. Bathroom with shower and bath.
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 25 rooms in total
Restaurants & Bars
• Restaurant Le Mystique : Onsite gastronomic restaurant by chef Gregory Slembrouck offering fine local cuisine – Reservations is strongly recommended
• Bar Le Magnum : The lounge and intimate bar Le Magnum with its own private library and open fire is a great place to relax with a glass of champagne.
• Sauna & Hammam area open 24/7
• Fitness room in the 13th century cellar open 24/7
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Private dining up to 30 guests
• Meeting room up to 8 guests – Flatscreen 60”, natural daylight, high speed Wi-Fi, Nespresso coffee, mineral water, fresh fruit,
• Possibility to rent the entire hotel (all 25 rooms + restaurant) for special occasions
Extra Notable Features
• Private horse carriage with pick-up at the hotel entrance
• Private boat tours on Bruges’ canals
• Guided tours through Bruges, Flanders Fields, Damme…
• Golf court at 20 km from the hotel – ask for special packages and reservations
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• World Best Classic Elegance 2019 – Boutique Hotel Awards
• World’s most Romantic Hotel 2019 –Luxury Hotel Awards
• World’s Best Boutique Hotel 2018 – Luxury Hotel Awards
• Best Hotel Breakfast by Villegiature 2017
• Best Belgian Luxury Hotel for Classic Elegance Award 2018
• Best Hotel Breakfast by Villegiature 2017
• World’s Best Boutique Hotel 2017
• Haute Grandeur Global Hotel 2016
• World Luxury Hotel awards 2015
• Best Hotel Room of Belgium 2015
• The World Boutique Hotel 2015
Number of employees