Brown’s Hotel Rocco Forte United Kingdom
Brown’s Hotel Rocco Forte
33 Albemarle Street Mayfair,
London W1S 4BP
Rocco Forte Hotels
Privately owned by the Forte family
Date of Creation
Founded in 1837, taken over by Rocco Forte Hotels in 2004
Hotel General Manager
Mr Stuart Johnson, Managing Director of Brown’s Hotel, FIH.MI.Hon MSc
5-star Luxury Hotel, LHW, AA 5 Red Stars
Rocco Forte’s Brown’s Hotel
History & Story
Established in 1837 by Lord Byron’s manservant, James Brown and his wife Sarah, Brown’s Hotel is London’s first hotel. Today contemporary design and an eclectic collection of artworks and photography combine to give Brown’s its inimitable style and a charismatic air that brings guests back time and time again. This year welcomed the launch of the redesigned Donovan Bar which takes inspiration from its namesake, iconic 1960’s photographer Sir Terence Donovan, and opening of Beck at Brown’s, a restaurant serving Italian fare by renowned three Michelin-starred chef, Heinz Beck.
New bar and restaurant opened in April 2018 following redesign by Olga Polizzi and Inge Moore.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Family travel, personalisation of guest experience, bespoke itineraries and experiences arranged by our concierge team
Located in London’s most exclusive borough, Brown’s Hotel is a microcosm of chic, modern and arty Mayfair making it the ideal base for luxury travellers. Moments from the fashion houses of Bond Street, in one of the world’s leading art districts and within walking distance of five royal parks, Brown’s Hotel is at the centre of London’s finest experiences.
Key sites/activities in the area
Situated in Mayfair amongst over 150 private galleries and alongside Bond Street, Oxford Street and Regent Street for some of London’s best shopping.
Within a few minutes’ walk of the Royal Academy of Arts, Green Park and Buckingham Palace.
Nearby Soho and the theatres of the West End.
– The first telephone call was made from Brown’s Hotel by Alexander Graham-Bell
– The Jungle Book was written by Rudyard Kipling whilst he stayed at Brown’s Hotel and the largest suite in the hotel is not only named after him but also has a slight jungle theme with its treescape Lewis and Wood wallpaper and porcelain monkey at the entrance.
– Agatha Christie wrote At Bertram’s Hotel based on Brown’s as it was her regular writing haunt
– Theodore Roosevelt spent his wedding night at Brown’s Hotel
Brown’s Hotel offers its comprehensive Familes R Forte programme for little guests of the hotel which includes their own VIP check in process with fun passports and stickers for a hotel visa stamp, teddy bear turndown, milk and cookies at bedtime and the hotel’s very own soft toy monkey mascot, Alby, who has a story book about his adventures in the hotel.
Number of suites: 33
All suites include the following benefits:
• One-way airport transfer
• Use of complimentary house car during stay (subject to availability)
• In-suite check-in
• Refreshing welcome drink
• Personalised Concierge services before and during your stay
• 2 half-hour treatments in The Spa
• Welcome bottle of Ruinart Champagne
• Private In Room Bar with complimentary non-alcoholic beverages and beer
• Rocco Forte Nourish In Room Bar (upon request)
• Nespresso coffee machine
• Breakfast in your suite or in Beck at Brown’s
• Large selection of seasonal fruit
• Unpacking and packing service
• Pressing of up to 4 garments
• Premium High-speed Wi-Fi access
• In-house movies
Number of Luxury rooms: 82
Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 115
All rooms are individually designed by Olga Polizzi in her signature contemporary style which complements the traditional elegance of the property. Each room offers Forte Organics bathroom amenities made from ingredients grown at our sister hotel, Verdura Resort in Sicily.
Restaurants & Bars
• Beck at Brown’s: Chef Heinz Beck serves seasonal Italian dishes using the best of Italian and British ingredients
• The Donovan Bar: Salvatore Calabrese has brought his menu of innovative cocktails and vintage spirits to the Donovan Bar
• The English Tea Room: Serves a traditional afternoon tea and sugar, dairy and gluten free ‘Tea-Tox’ version
• The Spa at Brown’s: Three treatment rooms, including one for couples, offering an extensive range of luxury treatments using natural products from Irene Forte Skincare bespoke-made for Rocco Forte Hotels using ingredients grown at the Rocco Forte Verdura Resort in Sicily. Treatments are also available with Made for Life organic products handmade in Cornwall and results-driven Carita refining products.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• 6 meeting rooms with bespoke design, natural daylight and a dedicated team of event planners
• Capacity up to 120 people for reception, smaller rooms to accommodate more intimate meetings and gatherings of 4-14 people
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• The Donovan Bar, Brown ‘s Hotel – “Best Bar” by Virtuoso 2018
• Best in the World – Top London Hotels by Condé Nast Traveller Readers’ Choice Awards 2016
• Best London Hotels by U.S. News & World Reports’ 2016-17
• Best England Hotels U.S. News & World Reports’ 2017-17
• UK Business Hotels 2017 (13th) by Condé Nast Traveller Readers’ Choice Awards 2017
Number of employees