Hotel & Spa Rosa Alpina
Strada Micurá de Rü 20
39030 San Cassiano, BZ – Italy
Founded in 1939 and managed by Mr Hugo Pizzinini, Hotel Rosa Alpina is owned by three generations of the Pizzinini family and is a Relais & Châteaux member, with a Michelin two-starred restaurant.
Surrounded by magic peaks, Hotel & Spa Rosa Alpina in San Cassiano enjoys a stunning location in the heart of the Dolomites, a Unesco Natural Heritage Site, at 1.535 m altitude.
It is one of the finest winter resorts and an immaculately preserved natural paradise. The area counts 450 ski lifts and 1.200 km of pristine ski runs at just 200 m from the hotel.
It is the ideal summer destination for families who want to take a break and enjoy outdoor activities with many options for children and is also the perfect spot for a romantic honeymoon. The wide range of treatments offered by the Beauty Spa reinvigorate both your body and your mind. Lovers of fine dining will delight in the superb dishes created by Grand Chef Norbert Niederkofler (two Stars Michelin) who adds a touch of joie de vivre, love of cooking and passion for local ingredients. Not to be missed: the Wine Bar & Grill restaurant and its contemporary buzz. It serves specialities from the grill and home-made pasta.
Driving times from airports:
• Innsbruck: 1 ½ hours
• Bolzano: 1 ½ hours
• Venice: 2 ½ hours
• Munich: 3 ½ hours
At Rosa Alpina Hotel & Spa the names of each room relates to the Pizzinini Family history in the same way that the luxurious materials used in decorating the premises – from linen to wood and marble – relate to the surrounding landscape. Antique chests, signature paintings and precious collector’s items evoking the history and tradition of the Ladin culture.
• De Luxe Double Rooms – Some are with balcony facing south and some with a more spacious living area and bathroom, but with a north view on the village. They offer all of a Ladin style living area with authentic local antique furnishings.
• “Chalet Loft Suite” Rooms – Exquisitely unique, each of our state-of-the-art Chalet rooms in the brand new wooden Chalet wing, encompass charming variations of the local style that is so distinctive to the area. Our Chalet rooms, about 50 m² with a 10 m² terrace facing south, will be appreciated by those who enjoy the refinements of authentic local antiques from the 18th century, combined with modern touches featuring flat-screen televisions, stereos and high speed internet access.
The fireplace provides a welcoming focal point, while a relaxing sitting area and natural wooden floors add warmth to the sophisticated accommodation. Supremely relaxing beds with luxurious touches, such as goose down duvets, provide ultimate comfort, while indulgent marble bathrooms with hammam showers and bathtub complement this very special hotel experience.
• Penthouse suite – Located on the fourth floor of the “Engelstrakt” wing, the spacious two-bedroom Penthouse Suite with staff room offers a residential setting, a fully equipped kitchen, spacious living areas for relaxation and entertaining with a cozy fire-place. Views of the mountain may be enjoyed outdoors or indoors.
• St. Hubertus – Awarded two-stars by the Michelin Guide, it is a life experience of Gourmet cuisine. Advance reservation is required. Closed Tuesdays.
• Wine Bar & Grill – A union of tasteful style, researched details and cozy atmosphere. Grill-specialties, fresh home made pasta, or pizza cooked in wood oven.
• Fondue Stuben – Experience the warm Ladin culture and customs in our “stuben”, with a traditional evening savouring meat or cheese fondue, and specialties of our regional cuisine (advance booking).
• Limonaia – The spectacular sight in the forest of firs, peaceful shadows that decrease in the evening, give Limonaia the ambiance of a particular character. Menu available from the Wine Bar & Grill, or regional specialities (advance booking).