Rosewood Castiglion Del Bosco
Rosewood Castiglion Del Bosco
Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
Privately owned, managed by Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Davide Bertilaccio – Regional VP and Managing Director
Starting from July 1st 2020, 19 new suites will be added to the inventory, with a new infinity pool.
ROSEWOOD CASTIGLION DEL BOSCO
History & Story
Located within the UNESCO-listed Val d’Orcia in the Brunello di Montalcino wine-making region, Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco is a 5,000 acre country estate founded by Massimo and Chiara Ferragamo. The 800-year-old estate comprises the ancient castle ruins, a medieval church and the Borgo, a historic village that now forms the heart of the resort.
Date added extensions
2020 – 19 new Suites, available from July 1st
Main Strengths, Special Touch
- Founded by Massimo and Chiara Ferragamo
- Located in the Val d’Orcia, a Unesco protected National Park
- Extremely luxury suites and villas
- Sports, gastronomic offer, culture, nature, kids activities and safe environment
Montalcino area, 100 km from Florence and 45 km from Siena
Key sites/activities in the area
Wine and gastronomic experiences
Outdoor sports (hiking, biking, golf)
Siena Palio Experience; Bocelli Concert
La Festa della Domenica – a festive atmosphere of a traditional Italian village festival with joyful folk music, local artisans, and delicious Tuscan and Italian cuisine.
The Harvest event
At Kids Club, children participate in absorbing activities and hours of entertainment led by our dedicated staff. Access is complimentary (fees may apply to specific activities or events). Children’s dinner menu can be served upon request. Available for kids from 3 to 10 y.o. Baby sitting service can be arranged on request.
23 suites until June 30; 42 suites starting from July 1st.
Suites size range from 50 to 130 sqm
Borgo or Valley view
Newspaper application, Wi-Fi, in room Nespresso machine, access to Kids Club and selected kids activities, free use of sauna and steam bath, fitness center, heated infinity pool, bocce and tennis courts.
11 Villas, created from restored 17th- and 18th-century Tuscan farmhouses.
Half Board formula program included in the rate, and daily fully dedicated service by housekeeping attendant.
Private heated infinity pool.
Access to resort facilities; winter villa program.
Restaurants & Bars
• Osteria la Canonica – authentic, warm atmosphere of a Tuscan trattoria. All day opening from April to November
• Ristorante Campo del Drago – fine dining Italian. Open for breakfast during the whole season, and for dinner from May to October (closed on Sunday evening)
• Pool Bar – Located by the Borgo Pool. The food menu is available daily from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and refreshing drinks are served whenever the pool is open.
• CdBar – An intimate, club-like space, it adjoins the Ristorante Campo del Drago. Open from May to October – 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 midnight
• Matteo Temperini – Executive Chef
The Spa at Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco The Spa offers paths to beauty and rejuvenation with face and body treatments of renowned Florentine apothecary Officina Profumo Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella.
The fitness center, features next-generation Technogym equipment to improve balance, strength and flexibility.
The Pool(s): Located within the Borgo, the estate’s main pool is conveniently situated for guests of the suites. All of the pools within the estate, including the private villa pools, are saline infinity pools which are kept at an ideal 28°C.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco presents an unmatched backdrop for private celebrations, social functions, special events, private product launches, private dinners and receptions for up to 120 guests.
The resort provides a prestigious setting for small business meetings, incentives, executive retreats and focus groups. Three elegant meeting rooms, accommodating eight to 20 persons, and a private villa are among the options for tailor-made gatherings.
Extra Notable Features
• Brunnello winery on site
• La Canonica Cooking School
• Hiking path, tennis courts And playground areas
• Helipad and tesla charger
• Golf: private 18-hole golf club
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• T +L Words Best: Nr. 55 in The Top 100 Hotels list
• T +L Words Best: Nr. 5 in The Top 10 Europe Resort Hotels list
• T +L Words Best: Nr. 3 in The Top 10 Italy Resort Hotels list
• 5th in the category ‘Top 30 Resorts Europe’ in the 2019 Condé Nast Traveler’s Readers’ Choice Awards
• #5 Top Resort in Europe by Condé Nast Traveler’s 2018 Reader’s Choice Awards;
• #1 Best Hotel in Tuscany by U.S. News World Report’s 2018 Best Hotels Awards;
• #13 Top Resort in Europe by Condé Nast Traveler’s 2017 Reader’s Choice Awards;
• One of the 10 Best Wine Resorts in the World by Condé Nast Traveler.
Number of employees
Up to 230 employees (seasonal property)