Rosewood London United Kingdom
252 High Holborn, Holborn, London, WC1V 7EN
Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Michael Bonsor – Managing Director
Currently managing director of award-winning luxury hotel Rosewood London, Michael has over 17 years of experience in luxury hotel management. He began his career at the Four Seasons in several locations in the USA, during which time he was director of restaurants for the launch of Michelin-starred restaurant L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon at the Four Seasons in New York. Before his tenure at Rosewood London, Michael was at Claridge’s, first as food & beverage manager and latterly as hotel operations manager.
5-star luxury – Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
History & Story
Rosewood London is one of the finest five-star hotels in London. Blending English heritage with contemporary sophistication, the Edwardian Grade II-listed building has been sensitively renovated to create a luxury hotel with the ambiance of a stylish London residence.
Continuous & ongoing soft renovation of guest bedrooms & suites designed Tony Chi & Associates
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Guests arrive from the busy bustling streets of High Holborn through our iron steeled gates into a beautiful inner courtyard arriving into our British Manor House making a private & special arrival experience.
Located in High Holborn, near Covent Garden, Rosewood London is an ideal base for experiencing the British capital, from ale houses to Michelin-starred dining, and cultural hotspots such as the Royal Opera House.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Covent Garden
• Theatre Land
• The British Museum
• Royal Opera House
• London Transport Museum
• Somerset House
• Royal Academy of Arts
• National Gallery
The Manor House—the only suite in the world to have its very own postcode. It also has its own private entrance on High Holborn as well as a private elevator.
Holborn Dining Room holds London’s largest gin bar with over 600 bottles of gin & counting.
To explore the upper levels of the property, the iconic Italian Grand Pavonazzo marble staircase leads to all upper floors directly beneath the 166-foot high cupola and has an estimated value of £40 million. The staircase features seven different types of marble, some of which can no longer be found anywhere else in the world.
With a nod to the building’s rich history, three individual heritage boardrooms are named in honour of chairmen of Pearl Assurance Company as the property was formerly headquarters for the Pearl Assurance Company.
Children’s Art Afternoon Tea at the Mirror Room. Treat your little ones to a playful and imaginative approach to the Art Afternoon Tea. Equipped with a painter’s palette, paint tubes filled with jam and lemon curd and palette knives to spread the sweet toppings, the tiny artists will be able to enjoy a selection of finger sandwiches and art inspired pastries especially designed for them. Enjoy Children’s Art Afternoon Tea from £35, available for 4 – 11 years, booking is required.
Pie Masterclass experience in The Pie Room – Your budding chefs, equipped with a personalised apron, hat and mini rolling pin, will learn how to make a sausage roll and an apple pie that they can take home, in a 2-hour immersive masterclass with our pastry experts. £70 per child, booking is required. Available for 7 – 13 years old only. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Rosewood London offers the following items for families to use during their stay at the hotel :
• Personalised check-in
• Cocci Nella products
• A special ‘Sense Spa’ treatment menu for younger guests
• Baby crib & linens
• Ensuite wireless baby monitors
• In-room baby proofing service
• Diaper pail, baby bathrub, non-slip shower mat, bed rails, in-room bottle warmers
• Child sized robes & slippers
• Number of suites: 45 (Butler service for all suites)
• Number of Luxury rooms: 10 Houses (Butler service for all suites)
Guest Bedrooms – 263
Deluxe Room – Deluxe Rooms are amongst the largest in the city, averaging 29 square metres (312 sq. ft.), and also among the most luxurious, with sumptuous bespoke furnishings and handsome Italian marble bathrooms.
Executive Room – Providing comfort and style in equal measure, the spacious Executive Room captures the sophistication of a modern London residence. At an average size of 31 square metres, the room features a luxurious marble bathroom with a deep soaking tub and overhead shower.
Family Room – Offering two double/full beds, the spacious Family Room is a comfortable home away from home that has been thoughtfully arranged for parents travelling with children. Spanning an average of 36 square metres, the contemporary London residence is furnished with all of the family essentials. Connecting room options are available.
Grand Executive Room – Awash in natural light from large picture windows, our Grand Executive Rooms are generously proportioned at an average of 33 square metres and feature beautifully curated furnishings. A ceiling reaching up to 3.7 metres and a marble bathroom with a deep soaking tub and overhead shower add to the sense of residential comfort.
Suites – 45
Junior Suite – Marrying luxury and modern elegance, the Junior Suite is available in a variety of unique layouts, offering an average of 44 square metres of open-plan living space. A pleasure to return to after an exhilarating day in the city, the suite has a residential style accentuated with a selection of carefully curated furnishings and amenitie.
Deluxe Suite – Averaging 67 square metres in size, the Deluxe Suite embodies the contemporary residential elegance that defines Rosewood London. Comprised of a beautifully furnished living room, airy bedroom, marble bathroom and separate powder room, the handsome apartment is ideal for entertaining and extended stays in the capital.
Premier Suite – At an average size of 71 square metres, the Premier Suite combines a refined manor house style with contemporary sophistication. The spacious apartment features a living room, airy bedroom, marble bathroom, separate dressing room and powder room—an ideal combination for guests who are enjoying London so much they never want to leave.
Grand Premier Suite – Amongst the largest suites in London, the 85-square-metre Grand Premier Suite offers the space and style of an elegant British home. Beyond an entry foyer, the residence opens to a large, airy living room and includes a well-appointed bedroom, spacious bathroom with TV, double vanities, dressing room and separate powder room.
Signature Suites ‘Houses’ – 10
Dome Suite – Located on the penthouse floor, the unique Dome Suite unfolds across 60 square meters and multiple levels. From the beautiful living room and dining area, stepped passageways lead to a large, airy bedroom. An Italian marble bathroom with soaking tub, built-in TV and walk-in shower is conveniently positioned between the levels.
Cupola Suite – Architecturally impressive, the duplex Cupola Suite is replete with luxurious touches. Past a welcoming foyer, the private residence features a large bedroom, dressing room and spacious Italian marble bathroom with double vanities, soaking tub and built-in TV. A staircase leads to an elegant living room for relaxing and entertaining.
Holborn House – With meticulous attention to detail and eclectic works of art, this splendid 101-square-meter residence is located within the original Pearl Assurance building. Ideal for entertaining, Holborn House features an elegant foyer, den with dining table, and guest powder room. An expansive Italian marble wet room completes the master suite.
Noble House – Noble House features exceptionally high ceilings, abundant natural light and 100 square meters of luxurious living space. Den, dining table and guest powder room adjoin the spacious living room. The suite’s bedroom includes a sofa, walk-in dressing room and Italian marble bathroom with deep soaking tub, TV and walk-in shower.
Chancery House – Evoking a British manor home, Chancery House Suite includes a foyer and gallery opening to the light-filled living room and a sunken dining room with double-height ceilings and service for eight guests. The spacious master bedroom is paired with an indulgent Italian marble bathroom, double vanities, and whirlpool tub with built-in TV and steam shower.
Garden House – The magnificent 113-square-meter Garden House offers the rare luxury of a private garden terrace in Central London, with elegant outdoor seating and a dining table for six. Eclectic artwork adorns interior dining, den and living areas, and the suite features a superbly appointed bedroom, dressing room and Italian marble bathroom. Garden House can connect to five-bedrooms, creating a 347 square meter Garden House Wing.
Lincoln House – The ultra-luxurious Lincoln House is named in honour of the hotel’s proximity to Lincoln’s Inn Fields and the illustrious Inns of Court which have defined Holborn since medieval times. Bathed in natural light, this three-bedroom suite offers 251 square meters of open-plan living space tailor-made for entertaining friends and family. Lincoln House can connect to eight-bedrooms creating a 517 square meter Lincoln House Wing for an expansive private London residence.
Manor House – The ultimate residence in the city, Rosewood London’s 208-square-meter Manor House is a trove of innumerable delights and curiosities. When booked with six connecting rooms, the Manor House becomes the grand Manor House Wing, a space that redefines London luxury with a private entrance and lift and its own postcode. Manor House can form a wing at 585 square meters with 7 bedrooms accomodating up to 14 guests
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 308 (263 guestrooms and 45 suites are all designed by Tony Chi and Associates
Restaurants & Bars
• Holborn Dining Room – Executive Head Chef, Calum Franklin. Grand brasserie, Holborn Dining Room serves seasonal, locally sourced British cuisine with a twist. Ideal for a convivial meal with friends, a spontaneous pint of local lager and a pie, or a selection of crustacea and charcuterie paired with wine.
• The Pie Room – Dedicated to one of Britain’s most iconic dishes, The Pie Room at Holborn Dining Room is a treasure trove of savoury delicacies, and somewhere for every food lover to swing by and take away one of the beautifully intricate pastry creations. A pie kitchen by day, an exclusive dining room by night. The Pie Room is available for private hire every evening for up to ten people. At The Pie Room, we also host Pie Room Masterclasses to learn the art of pie making with our team of pastry experts. Put your pastry skills to the test in a 2.5-hour, hands-on masterclass, where you will learn how to make one of our signature pastries.
• Mirror Room – An intimate all-day dining room hosts a selection of delicious sharing plates, seasonal salads, comfort food favourites, signature patisseries, fine wines and champagnes. Evening additions include a menu of champagne cocktails and light snacks. Guests can experience the Art Afternoon Tea created by Executive Pastry Chef, Mark Perkins & his team awarded Best Contemporary Afternoon Tea at Afternoon Tea Awards.
• Scarfes Bar – Drawing room conviviality, gentleman’s club sophistication and a creative cocktail menu give true meaning to the phrase ‘get scarfed’ at Gerald’s eponymous bar in London, replete with a roaring fire and shelves filled with over 1,000 antique books. Scarfes Bar was designed by renowned interior designer Martin Brudnizki, evokes a convivial atmosphere with a roaring fire at one end and wooden bar running along the other. Gerald Scarfe, the renowned British artist and caricaturist, has lent his name and artistic vision to Scarfes Bar. Amusing and conversational illustrations adorn the marble walls, creating a living canvas where the ‘artfully current’ corner is continuously updated to reflect the current affairs of the time.
• The Macallan Manor House – The Macallan Manor House in partnership with renowned whisky brand The Macallan located on The Terrace in the Courtyard of the property. Taking inspiration from the rolling Scottish hills and The Macallan Estate, the terrace entrance will be adorned with beautiful blue heather and purple thistles, as well as elegant pine trees. Inside, guests will be welcomed into a warm and comforting room filled with designs inspired by and harking back to The Macallan’s newly opened distillery. The walls will show detailed maps of Speyside, the location of the distillery, and copper hanging lights are a nod to the copper stills used in the whiskey making process.
Rosewood London’s Sense, A Rosewood Spa can be found on the lower ground floor of the property. The spa features bamboo walls, soft lighting and wooden walkways over rippling water and pebble stones, which lead to seven treatment rooms, one of which is an exclusive couple’s suite. Facilities include a shimmering gold leaf and teak relaxation lounge, providing a restorative hideaway in the heart of London.
• Fitness Suite – Located on 1st floor of the property
• Harry Jameson – Personal Trainer
• Face Place (Facial) – Sense, A Rosewood Spa is home to the first Face Place to open outside the US & only spa in London.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Encompassing 11 venues, Rosewood London offers 1,083 square metres (11,660 square feet) of indoor meeting and event space. The hotel’s heritage function rooms and facilities accommodate all sizes and types of gatherings, from intimate dinners to receptions for up to 555 guests.
• Grand Ballroom – Accommodating up to 555 guests, Rosewood London’s Grand Ballroom is a luxurious and flexible venue suitable for any occasion. The Grand Ballroom can be divided into three smaller spaces, each with an independent entrance. Two dramatic staircases lead from the hotel lobby to the balcony, which overlooks the Grand Ballroom’s spectacular foyer and leads directly to the five salons.
• Chairman’s Boardrooms – Overlooking High Holborn, the three Chairman’s Boardrooms offer a stately, eye-catching location for lunch, dinner or board meetings for up to 16 people.
• The Dining Room and The Living Room are stunning private spaces with large, light-filled windows located just off of the Mirror Room. As the only private dining space with a show kitchen in a five-star London hotel, The Dining Room offers opportunities for unique culinary experiences, be it a food and wine pairing event, an in-depth cooking lesson or a theatrical private dinner.
• The Macallan Manor House is available to hire for private use. erfect for lunches, dinners or cocktail receptions, this stylish and luxurious garden, sets the scene for an unforgettable event.
Extra Notable Features
• Pie Masterclass
• Gin & Whisky Masterclass
• Children’s Art Afternoon Tea
• Harry Jameson – Personal Trainer
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Conde Nast Traveler: Gold List (2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 & 2016)
• Condé Nast Traveller UK Readers’ Travel Awards – Rosewood London #2 spot
• Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Hotels & Spas – Five-star rating
• Spirited Awards – Tales Of The Cocktail – Scarfes Bar, Best International Hotel Bar
• Conde Nast Traveler: Readers’ Choice Awards & Condé Nast Traveller UK Readers’ Travel Awards – #1 Best Hotel In Europe/UK/London (Top 40 List)
• Conde Nast Traveler: Gold List – Rosewood London
• Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Hotels & Spas – Four-star rating
• Hotel Catey Awards – Calum Franklin – Winner of Hotel Restaurant Chef of the Year
• World Luxury Spa Awards – Sense Spa – Luxury Historical Hotel Spa – Regional Winner 2019
• Sense Spa & Luxury Day Spa – Regional Winner 2019
• Wine Spectator Award – Holborn Dining Room – Wine Spectator Award
Number of employees