Saint James Paris
Saint James Paris
43 Avenue Bugeaud
75116 Paris – France
Owned by a French family
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mrs Laure Pertusier
Deluxe – Relais & Châteaux
SAINT JAMES PARIS
History & Story
Set in its private garden in the heart of Paris’ exclusive 16th district, a few minutes’ walk from the Arc de Triomphe, Trocadero and new Louis Vuitton Foundation, you will find the only chateau-hotel of the city. Altogether a hotel member of Relais & Châteaux and a private club, the Saint James Paris offers an exclusive and refined setting combined to the warm and friendly atmosphere of a home for a genuinely French experience.
Built on a field where air-balloons used to take off, the property first hosted a foundation dedicated to scholars. It then became a private club before being bought by a French family and opening its spaces to hotel guests.
In 2010 the owners chose to fully redesign the property and hired the decorator Bambi Sloan who envisioned the atmosphere of a home from the end of the 19th century to create a “crazy-chic” décor. The Saint James Paris now offers 49 rooms and suites, all especially spacious and with their own decor.
The Saint James Paris has been fully redesigned from 2010 to 2012 by the French-American decorator Bambi Sloan.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• The only chateau-hotel of Paris
• Set in its own garden
• Especially large rooms and suites
• Michelin-star restaurant
• Guerlain spa
The exclusive 16th district of Paris, just off Victor Hugo avenue
Key sites/activities in the area
Arc de Triomphe
Fondation Louis Vuitton
Fondation Yves Saint-Laurent
Museum of Modern art
Palais Galliera (museum of fashion)
• Taste the Parisian honey made by the Saint James’ bees in the garden in the morning pastries
• Meet Pilou, the hotel cat, for a private “chat” during your stay
• Use the free bicycles to discover Paris like a Parisian
• Children bathrobes available
• Special colouring and game book
• Dedicated menu in the restaurant
• 3 Boudoir rooms of 25 m² with 1 queen bed
• 6 Superior rooms of 35 m² with 1 queen or 1 king or 2 twin beds
• 6 Deluxe rooms of 42 m² with 1 queen or 1 king or 2 twin beds
• 21 Junior Suites of 50 m² with 1 queen or 1 king or 2 twin beds, sofa-bed or extra bed in the lounge. Some on 2 stories, some with 2 bathrooms, some with interior winter garden (top floor)
• 11 Suites of 60 to 80 m² with 1 queen or 1 king or 2 twin beds, sofa-bed or extra bed in the lounge. Some on 2 stories, some with 2 bathrooms, some with interior winter garden (top floor)
• 2 private villas of 70 m² on 3 stories with lounge, kitchenette, bedroom and bathroom, and a specifically themed room : private spa with two massage tables, double tub and steam room in the Pavillon d’Amour, private screening lounge with sofa-bed and shower room for Pavillon Belles-Feuilles
Rooms overlook the garden around the hotel, top-floor rooms have skylight windows. Extra beds are possible in Junior Suites, Suites and Pavillons only.
All rooms are equipped with safe, minibar, free WiFi, Guerlain amenities, Nespresso, iHome station.
Connecting options are available in each category.
Restaurants & Bars
• The Dining room
1 Michelin-star restaurant.
Distinguished with the title of Best Craftsman of France (M.O.F.) since 2007, the Chef Jean-Luc Rocha imagines since his arrival in January 2017 generous and refined creations, mastered with the know-how and rigor specific to high-gastronomy. True to the traditions and centered on the products themselves, his dishes are developed on a classic base to which he adds touches of surprise.
His vision fits perfectly with the homey atmosphere of the Saint James Paris and its values of hospitality, generosity and sharing that complement a refined and authentic luxury.
Open to hotel guests for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Mondays through Saturdays : 7:00 to 10:00am, 12:30 to 2:00pm, 7:30 to 10:00pm. Open on Sundays for breakfast (7:00 to 10:30 am) and brunch (12:00 to 4:00 pm).
• The Library-bar
A lighter menu (carpaccios, salads, Cube sandwiches, fillet of beef…). Open daily from 9:00am to 1:00am.
• The Garden terrace
Full gastronomic menu available for lunch and dinner, brunch on Sundays. Bar menu available between main service hours. Service from 11:00am to 1:00am daily when the wheather allows.
• 2 cabins with Guerlain treatments
• 2 steam rooms (1 in each changing room)
• Extensive fitness room with daylight
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Private rooms available for events up to 50 persons
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• 1 Michelin star in 2014
Number of employees