San Clemente Palace Kempinski Venice Italy
San Clemente Palace Kempinski Venice
Isola di San Clemente 1,
30124, San Marco, 30124, Venice
Permak Investments srl.
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Richard Appelbaum
5 star Luxury hotel, LHW member
San Clemente Palace Kempinski Venice
History & Story
Settled in 1131 for the first time, San Clemente initially provided a hospice and a small church. Originally, it was built in a Romanesque style and consisted of only a single cross-shaped nave. Pietro Gattilesso, “the Robber”, funded the buildings, perhaps to atone for his sins. The name, however, is dedicated to Pope Clement I., who died as a martyr according to legend and who is patron to the seamen. It was soldiers and pilgrims, who were supposed to set forth on the journey to the Holy Land. Later, the island became known as “the gateway to Venice” It became a standard practice to take the Bucentaur, the Doge’s ceremonial barge, to the island to meet distinguished visitors. Since 2003, the island has been used as a hotel site; however, the historic elements are still present. Amongst the restored treasures of the chapel, there are paintings and frescos of various Italian artists such as Giovanni Segala, Pietro Ricci, Francesco Ruschi and many more famous representatives of the Venetian school. In the past years, the buildings on San Clemente, and especially the church, were renovated, but always in keeping with the island’s history.
2003: First hotel opening
Date added extensions
No extensions added
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• A private island oasis in the Lagoon
• Just 10 min. away from San Marco’s square
• 17th century building
• spacious guest rooms with high ceiling
• pleasant view over courtyards
• gardens or lagoon in all accommodation.
Private island only 10 minutes away from San Marco’s square, 20 minutes away from central station by water taxi and 35 minutes to Venice Marco Polo International Airport by water taxi.
Key sites/activities in the area
San Marco’s square, Grand Canal, Doge’s Palace, Gallerie dell’Accademia, Rialto Bridge, Peggy Guggenheim Collection, La Fenice Theatre San Maria della Salute church, Murano, Burano.
The little white bunny that lives in the park is the Kids’ Club mascot.
Tennis fields, jogging path, outdoor heated swimming pool, pitch & putt.
Kids Club service available with weekly activity program that includes masks painting, cooking classes and outdoor activities.
Age of children allowed in the Kids Club: 3-11 years.
Total of 190 rooms, 129 rooms and 61 suites
• View over the centuries-old park, internal courtyards and lagoon
• Spacious guestrooms with high ceilings, Italian marble bathroom, in-room safe, minibar, room comfort menu, complimentary high-speed internet access
• 24 Superior rooms, 33 m² (355 ft²) – 36 m² (388 ft²)
• 75 Deluxe rooms, 36 m² (388 ft²) – 42 m² (452 ft²)
• 30 Grand Deluxe rooms, 42 m² (452 ft²) – 60 m² (646 ft²)
• 33 Junior suites, 52 m² (560 ft²) – 64 m² (689 ft²)
• 19 Venice suites, 80 m² (861 ft²) – 86 m² (926 ft²)
• 8 Special suites, 55 m² (592 ft²) – 117 m² (1259 ft²) m²
• 1 San Clemente Suite : 190 m² (2045 ft²), private dock, lagoon view, spacious living room with separate kitchen and dining area, traditional Venetian high ceilings
Restaurants & Bars
• Insieme restaurant
Daily buffet breakfast, special events (lunch, gala dinner, weddings)
• Clemente Bar and Garden bar
Lounge bar with garden, SCPK signature cocktail.
• La Dolce Restaurant & Bar
Indoor and outdoor restaurant & bar at poolside serving Italian specialties such as pizza, pasta and barbeque.
• Acquerello restaurant and terrace
Fine dining restaurant serving specialties from the Mediterranean sea and the Venetian lagoon. Executive chef Vincenzo Di Tuoro
Outdoor heated pool, Tennis courts, Pitch & Putt, gym
The Merchant of Venice SPA
San Clemente Palace Kempinski is delighted to welcome you to the exclusive The Merchant of Venice SPA, your sanctuary of pure bliss located on the marvellous, private island of San Clemente in Venice. An oasis of luxurious indulgence, where The Merchant of Venice’s fragrant and refined essences blend with Kempinski’s European flair and century-old tradition of remarkable service.
The treatments on offer at The Merchant of Venice SPA use noble and perfumed oils. They are created in the laboratories of the brand in accordance with the ancient oriental traditions imported into Venice by the Venetian merchants throughout the centuries.
The Merchant of Venice SPA combines the tradition of ancient massage techniques with noble essential oils, in order to immerse the customer in an exclusive sensory experience.
Each treatment has been thoroughly researched and crafted in order to lead the mind and body through a unique journey to discover the Venetian perfumery tradition.
The aromatherapy has a central role: every room will be delicately perfumed with a scent personally selected by the customer.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Fully equipped conference centre with 6 meeting rooms, 490sqm | 5274sqft, ballroom for up to 400 guests.
• 4 gardens for events up to 1200 guests.
• 6 F&B outlets: 3 bars and 3 restaurants.
Extra Notable Features
• Private docks
Number of employees