San Clemente Palace Kempinski Venice Italy
San Clemente Palace Kempinski Venice
Isola di San Clemente 1,
30124, San Marco, 30124, Venice
Permak Investments srl.
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Sales Contact: Adriano Gherbin
PR & Marketing Contact: Bahar Hacivelioglu
5 star Luxury hotel, LHW member
San Clemente Palace Kempinski Venice
History & Story
Settled in 1131 for the first time, San Clemente initially provided a hospice and a small church. Originally, it was built in a Romanesque style and consisted of only a single cross-shaped nave. Pietro Gattilesso, “the Robber”, funded the buildings, perhaps to atone for his sins.
The name, however, is dedicated to Pope Clement I., who died as a martyr according to legend and who is patron to the seamen. It was soldiers and pilgrims, who were supposed to set forth on the journey to the Holy Land. Later, the island became known as “the gateway to Venice” It became a standard practice to take the Bucentaur, the Doge’s ceremonial barge, to the island to meet distinguished visitors.
Since 2003, the island has been used as a hotel site; however, the historic elements are still present. Amongst the restored treasures of the chapel, there are paintings and frescos of various Italian artists such as Giovanni Segala, Pietro Ricci, Francesco Ruschi and many more famous representatives of the Venetian school. In the past years, the buildings on San Clemente, and especially the church, were renovated, but always in keeping with the island’s history.
2003: First hotel opening
Date added extensions
No extensions added
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• A private island oasis in the Venice Lagoon
• just 8 – 10 min. away from San Marco’s square by one hotel’s complimentary boats
• Historical San Clemente Church from 1131
• Heated outdoor swimming pool (rare facility in Venice)
• Tennis court, 1.500 metres Jogging Path, Pitch & Putt Course
• Europe’s Best Hotel Spa Award winner the Merchant of Venice Spa
• 7 hectares of centuries-old gardens (ensuring social distancing)
• spacious guest rooms with high ceiling
• pleasant view over courtyards
• gardens or lagoon in all accommodation.
Private island only 8-10 minutes away from San Marco’s square, 20 minutes away from central station by water taxi and 30 minutes to Venice Marco Polo International Airport by water taxi or private VIP Service.
Key sites/activities in the area
San Marco’s square, Grand Canal, Doge’s Palace, Gallerie dell’Accademia, Rialto Bridge, Peggy Guggenheim Collection, La Fenice Theatre San Maria della Salute church, Murano, Burano.
Tennis fields, jogging path, outdoor heated swimming pool, pitch & putt.
Kids Club service and babysitting services are subject to extra fee and require advance reservation.
Age of children allowed in the Kids Club: 3-11 years.
Total of 196 rooms, 130 rooms and 66 suites
• View over the centuries-old park, internal courtyards and lagoon
• Spacious guestrooms with high ceilings, Italian marble bathroom, in-room safe, minibar, room comfort menu, complimentary high-speed internet access
• 25 Superior Rooms, 26 m² (280 ft²) – 34 m² (366 ft²)
• 50 Deluxe Rooms, Garden / Courtyard View, 36 m² (388 ft²) – 47 m² (506 ft²)
• 10 Deluxe Rooms, Lagoon View, 31 m² (334 ft²) – 45 m² (484 ft²)
• 26 Grand Deluxe, Rooms Garden / Courtyard View, 42 m² (452 ft²) – 66 m² (710 ft²)
• 19 Grand Deluxe Rooms, Lagoon View, 42 m² (452 ft²) – 48 m² (517 ft²)
• 21 Junior Suites, Garden / Courtyard View, 52 m² (560 ft²) – 63 m² (678 ft²)
• 12 Junior Suites, Lagoon View, 46 m² (495ft²) – 59 m² (635 ft²)
• 4 Navigante Junior Suite, Venice & Lagoon View, 52 m² (570 ft²) – 65 m² (700 ft²)
• 17 Venice Suites, Garden / Courtyard View, 80 m² (861 ft²) – 88 m² (947 ft²)
• 3 Venice Suites, Lagoon View, 80 m² (861 ft²) – 88 m² (947 ft²)
• 2 Lagoon Suite, Venice & Lagoon View, 85 m² / 915 ft²
• 1 Tintoretto Suite, Garden & Lagoon View, 130 m² / 1.400 ft²
• 1 Tiepolo Suite, Garden & Lagoon View, 89 m² / 958 ft²
• 1 Marco Polo Suite, Venice & Lagoon View, 110 m² / 1.184 ft²
• 1 Lido Suite, Venice & Lagoon View, 100 m² / 1.076 ft²
• 1 Giardini Suite, Garden & Lagoon View, 66 m² / 710 ft²
• 1 San Clemente Suite, Venice & Lagoon View, 190 m² / 2.045 ft²
Tintoretto Suite and Tiepolo Suite can be offered as 2 Bedroom Suites with adjacent Grand Deluxe Room
Giardini Villa (2 Bedroom)
When combined as Giardini Villa, it is ideal for both families and those seeking a discreet, relaxing getaway during their time in vibrant Venice while providing an enclosed private garden and jacuzzimini pool. (approx. 112 m² / 1.205 ft²)
Lagoon Residence (3 – 6 bedroom)
The Lagoon Residence is a perfect family base too. When combining two Lagoon Suites with two grand deluxe and two deluxe rooms, the entire building with private elevator can be turned into a private Venetian palazzo that accommodates 6-16 adults, making it the ideal venue for extra-special trips. (approx. 150 – 300 m² / 1.615 – 3.230 ft²)
Lido Residence (2 bedroom)
The Lido Suite is combinable with the adjacent Lido Jr. Suite, creating Lido Residence, accommodates 4-6 adults. (approx. 190 m² / 2.045 ft²)
San Clemente Residence (3 bedroom)
Lido Residence can also be combined with the San Clemente Suite, located one floor above, for 6- 10 guests who appreciate a private concierge service with a dedicated Lady in Red along with a very large accommodation area with private elevator and exclusive pier, which is ideal, and rare to find, for exclusive gatherings, such as bachelorette parties. (approx. 380 m² / 4.090 ft²)
Navigante Residence (5 bedroom)
Marco Polo Suite can be extended by the four adjoining Navigante Junior Suites and the Navigante Suite, accommodates 10-16 adults. (approx. 360 m² / 3.875 ft²)
***Combining the San Clemente Residence and Navigante Residence, this wing of the hotel can be booked to form an eight-bedroom palazzo which provides complete independence from the hotel.
Restaurants & Bars
• Insieme Restaurant
Daily buffet breakfast, special events (lunch, gala dinner, weddings)
• Clemente Bar and Sunset Bar
Lounge bar with garden, San Clemente Palace Kempinski signature cocktail.
• Buddha Bar Beach
Indoor and outdoor restaurant & bar at poolside, a worldwide reference in the fields of gastronomy, hospitality, wellness, music and mixology, the legendary Buddha-Bar goes beyond its neo-Asian walls and for the first time ever finds its home on San Clemente Island in the heart of Venice Lagoon, offering a unique dining and lifestyle experience.
• Acquerello Restaurant and Terrace
Fine dining restaurant serving specialties from the Mediterranean sea and the Venetian lagoon.
Outdoor heated pool, Tennis courts, Pitch & Putt, Fitness Centre
The Merchant of Venice SPA
San Clemente Palace Kempinski is delighted to welcome you to the exclusive The Merchant of Venice SPA, your sanctuary of pure bliss located on the marvellous, private island of San Clemente in Venice. An oasis of luxurious indulgence, where The Merchant of Venice’s fragrant and refined essences blend with Kempinski’s European flair and century-old tradition of remarkable service.
The treatments on offer at The Merchant of Venice SPA use noble and perfumed oils. They are created in the laboratories of the brand in accordance with the ancient oriental traditions imported into Venice by the Venetian merchants throughout the centuries.
The Merchant of Venice SPA combines the tradition of ancient massage techniques with noble essential oils, in order to immerse the customer in an exclusive sensory experience.
Each treatment has been thoroughly researched and crafted in order to lead the mind and body through a unique journey to discover the Venetian perfumery tradition.
The aromatherapy has a central role: every room will be delicately perfumed with a scent personally selected by the customer.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Fully equipped conference centre with 6 meeting rooms, 490sqm | 5274sqft, ballroom for up to 400 guests.
• 4 gardens for events up to 1200 guests.
• 6 F&B outlets: 3 bars and 3 restaurants.
Extra Notable Features
• Private docks and piers
Number of employees