Sant Francesc Hotel Singular Spain
Sant Francesc Hotel Singular
Plaza Sant Francesc, 5, 07001 Palma de Mallorca
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr Miguel G. Feliz
5-star Luxury – Small Luxury Hotels of the World
The Soldevila-Ferrer family wanted to develop a very special hotel, with excellent service in a very special building and in a wonderful city like Palma. They were looking for historical buildings in Madrid and Lisbon to develop our idea of hotel but discovered Palma and realized the potential it has. Their aim it to make guests discover a new type of hotel, were the whole experience is unique and unrepeatable, attention to detail, not only in the hardware, furniture, fabrics, design, tastes of the hotel but also in the software of the hotel, the service and our dedication to our guests satisfaction.
SANT FRANCESC HOTEL SINGULAR
History & Story
The building of Hotel Sant Francesc once belonged to the Alomar Femenia family. This Spanish historic landmark is an architectural treasure built in the neoclassical style of the 19th century. During the Elizabethan era, houses were often rebuilt to display their owners’ wealth. The hotel is situated in one of Palma’s oldest quarters, which dates to the Arabian Medina Mayurqa settlement. After Jaime I of Aragon, also known as Jaime the Conqueror, was crowned King in 1229, many of the Muslim lands were deeded over to religious orders. Under his son, King Jaime II, Franciscan monks erected the Sant Francesc Basilica and Monastery after which the square and our hotel are named. The total renovation of the original 1880 historic manor house was completed with the utmost respect to the original architecture.
The hotel opened in March 2015
Main Strengths, Special Touch
This unique hotel offers an extensive range of products and services especially created for the most demanding discerning travellers visiting Palma. Guests are savvy and sophisticated travellers looking for a unique experience, excellent service, unpretentious luxury, authentic Mallorcan flavour, the beauty of things and design.
For breakfast guest can enjoy the famous Ensaimadas from Can Joan de S´Aigo (founded in the year 1700)
From the rooftop guests can admire Palmas most beautiful churches from a bird’s eye perspective: Sant Francesc, Sant Eulalia, Santa Clara, Montesion and of course the Cathedral.
• Number of rooms in all: 42
Room amenities include: spacious deluxe walk-in showers, some with deep soaking tubs; Heeley bath amenities; luxurious cotton bed lines, plush towels and cosy robes; 42-55 inch high resolution smart TVs; gourmet minibar; complimentary WIFI, in-room safes, Nespresso coffee machine with complimentary tabs, 1875 W iconic hairdryer.
• Sant Francesc Suite (1)
This unique Suite has meticulous interior design including original moldings and a hand painted ceiling fresco that has been completely restored. In addition, a private balcony overlooks the Sant Francesc Square
• La Torre Studio Suite (1)
The exceptional Suite, situated on multiple levels, features one bedroom, a living room and private terrace with panoramic views of the Cathedral, old town, views to the sea and Tramuntana Mountains
• Sant Francesc Junior Suites (2)
The design of the suites features an original ceiling fresco and a balcony overlooking the Sant Francesc Square.
• Singular Junior Suites (6)
The Junior Suites are luxuriously spacious, many with a balcony or terrace. The majority have elegant four poster beds.
• Privilege Rooms (8)
These are spacious and elegant rooms, many have a balcony.
• Deluxe Rooms (17)
Feature views to the patio, garden or Plaza Sant Francesc
• Superior Rooms (7)
Many offer views to the lush garden or patio.
Restaurants & Bars
The restaurant is located in the former stables of the manor house with direct access to the lush garden. The cuisine is inspired by the best of the Mediterranean with a visionary twist. The restaurant is a sophisticated yet relaxed environment day or night. Natural daylight fills the dining option for breakfast and lunch while the garden surrounds guests with a scent of jasmine. Evenings turn the hotel into a dramatic and romantic dining option.
With a highly experimented career working with Michelin-starred chefs of the world; Simon Petutschnig has created a unique and creative cuisine with hints of Asian culture.
• The Lobby Bar and Patio Mallorquin
The true heart of the hotel is a pleasant meeting place for visitors and locals alike. With a choice of indoor and al fresco patio seating, the bar offers an extensive list of cocktails. A complete range of wines, champagnes and cavas along with a selection of delicious tapas are available
• Singular Rooftop Terrace
For a panoramic view of the city, unlike any other in Palma, the Rooftop Terrace offers a bird´s eye view of the city and overlooks the Church of Sant Francesc, as well as the Cathedral and other architectural treasures within the city. During the daytime, the sundeck features a pool with a view and lounge to enjoy refreshments and lite bites but as the sun sets, a transformation takes place converting the rooftop into a starlit terrace. During summer in the evenings guests can enjoy drinks and sushi.
• The Singular Wellbeing offers a haven of tranquility and serenity. Guests may indulge in beauty enhancing and body revitalizing treatments from Anne Semonin. The Wellbeing menu has been created to offer a « couture » approach that is transformative and transcending for each guest.
• Panoramic Rooftop swimming pool
• Gym open 24 hours a day. Located in the old water well of the manor house, it is equipped with the latest fitness technology. Guests are provided with complimentary amenities including headphones, towels and water.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• The boardrooms offers seating for up to 20 with state-of-the-art equipment to ensure productive meeting. Most of our spaces can be privatized to host special occasions to suit your particular needs.
• In addition to our meeting rooms, there are several other locations available for your exclusive booking at Sant Francesc, including our panoramic rooftop terrace, the Lobby Bar & Patio or the garden.
Extra Notable Features
• Bicycle rental
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Travel + Leisure « It » List
• Conde Nast Traveler UK – The Hot List
• Boutique Design – Gold Key Finalist – Best Luxury Design
• Boutique Design – Gold Key Finalist – Best Restaurant Fine Dining
• Architectural Digest – 15 Best Hotels to Open in Europe
• Conde Nast Traveler Spain – Hot List
• Sunday Times UK – The 63 Best Hotels in the World
Number of employees