Santorini Secret Suites & Spa,
Santorini Secret Suites & Spa
Oia, 84702, Santorini,
Privately owned by Mr. Athanasios Valsamis
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
George Lyras, coming from a strong hospitality background with a more than 10 year experience in international hotel chains like Hilton, Starwood and Grace ltd, has taken over the leading role of the Hotel Manager for Santorini Secret Suites & Spa since 2017.George Lyras is the Hotel Manager for Santorini Secret Suites & Spa since January 2017.
Prior to this, George was Hotel Manager of Mykonos Grace Hotel in Mykonos, Greece in a position he held for 2 years.
Dynamic, change-oriented executive, George is a Greek citizen with over 10 years of rich and varied hospitality experience who joined Starwood Hotels & Resorts in 2007 as a Sales Manager at landmark hotel of Athens Greece, The Astir Palace Resort , for both Arion the Luxury Collection Hotel and the Westin Athens and went on to grow with the company as also with other international chain such as Hilton in various key positions across Greece.
Proven track record in Pre- Openings on Greek famous islands lured George to Santorini, in the role of Hotel Manager of Santorini Secret Suites & Spa.
George is an outgoing young leader who always seek new challenges & competitive positions & continues to be an inspiring leader focusing on delivering organizational goals and value for all stakeholders.
4 keys, SLH
Santorini Secret Suites & Spa is developing rapidly and over the next two years will increase in units and other facilities and will almost double its capacity.
Santorini Secret Suites & Spa
History & Story
Santorini Secret Suites & Spa opened its doors for the travelers around the world back in May 2014 as part of the Hotel brain portfolio with a vision of becoming the rising star of the island and a goal to offer the best of services to its guests. Only 3 years later has managed to become a force to be reckoned withby getting a descent share of the business from competition and accomplishing high scores in Guest Satisfaction Index.
New Jacuzzis have been built to most of the units as of the beginning of 2017 season.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Hotels’ unique location on the caldera cliff which provides to all its suites panoramic and unobstructed views from the private terraces of 15 – 40 sq.m. Water element in all suites (private hot tub or heated pool). Hotel also provides private parking area free of charge to its guests.
Oia is known throughout the world for its fantastic sunset. The village is situated on top of an impressive cliff and offers a quintessential view over the volcano.
Santorini Secret Suites & Spa is located in the famous caldera rim of Oia, within a short walk from cultural attractions like the Byzantine Castle Ruins and the Naval Museum.
Explore the area while wondering around in the narrow streets of this traditional village with the blue domed churches and sun-bathed verandas. Enjoy a 15 minute walk in the picturesque paths that lead you to the unique of beauty Ammoudibay, which also can be reached by a set of 300 steps leading down. There visitors indulge into tasty meals of fresh fish.
Key sites/activities in the area
1. Indulge in a journey of authentic experiences. Harmonia Spa offersa serene sanctuary with its ΰ la carte treatment menu followingthe zen philosophy of returning to nature; using product wondersof Greece infuse the treatments with life, energy and beauty. Rejuvenate the body and soul while finding the inner balance.
2. Taste the authentic Greek cuisine with postmodern flair at the Black Rock restaurant where local ingredients are combined with Chefs’ creativity. Black Rock from its first season of operation 2016 has been nominated as the best restaurant of Santorini for the »Toques d’or’ and also received an FNL award of Best Restaurant for its postmodern Greek cuisine.
3. Santorini offers truly inspirational and exclusive options for uniquely memorable experiences. Selections include renownedsailing trips around the island.
4. Sample the local finest wines and become a real connoisseur; Santorini’s unique land formation gives the opportunity to produce a robust range of wines. A wine tasting at a Santorinian estate is not to be missed.
- Spending hours in or by the infinity pool enjoying the breathtaking views along with signature cocktails.
Children’s corner N/A
Children can be accommodated in the Junior Villa only, which is located at the main pedestrian of Oia 50m away from the property; due to the unique formation of the caldera rim the property is not advised for children below 16 years of old.
Number of suites: 18 &1 Villa
• 3 Pure Suites with private hot tub, caldera view, 35m2, airy bathroom, panoramic private balconies 15-25m2, queen size bed , desk , sofa, sun beds.
• 5 premium Suites with private hot tub, caldera view, 40-50m2, airy bathroom, panoramic private balconies 20-29m2, queen size bed , desk , sofa, sun beds.
• 5 Absolute Suites with private hot tub, caldera view, 45-50m2, airy bathroom, panoramic private balconies 40m2, queen size bed , open plan sitting area, sun beds.
• 2 Grand Suites with private outdoor swimming pool, caldera view, 45-50m2, airy bathroom, panoramic private balcony 40m2, queen size bed adjoining sitting area, sun beds.
• 1 Infinity Suite with private outdoor swimming pool, caldera view, 45m2, airy bathroom, panoramic private balcony 40m2, two level suite with living room on upper floor, queen size bed, sitting area, sun beds.
• 1 Honeymoon Suite with private outdoor swimming pool, caldera view, 70m2, steam bath with rain shower, chromo therapy and aromatherapy, panoramic private balcony 40m2, wooden round bed, fitness area with power plate, sitting area, sun beds.
• 1 Junior Suite 50m away from the main property on the famous pedestrian street of Oia, 30m2 with private outdoor hot tub, partially sea view, veranda 20m2,airy bathroom, queen size canopy bed , desk sun beds.
• 1 Junior Villa with private outdoor swimming pool, on the pedestrian, suitable for families, caldera view, 90m2 two level suite, kitchenette , outdoor patio, panoramic private balcony with hot tub on upper level, living room, sun beds.
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 19
Restaurants & Bars
• Black Rock restaurant
With Greek postmodern cuisine focused on local ingredients, Chef George Choraitis.
Hotel rates are BB but can offer HB supplement upon request.
• Pool Bar
With crafted cocktails and refreshments
• Room Service
• SPA ( Treatment cabin)
• In room Spa
• Gym equipment in 3 units (power plate in Honeymoon Suite , Elliptical trainer in Grand Suite , Rower in Absolute Suite)
Extra Notable Features
• Wine tasting in hotel premises or outdoor is a unique experience.
• Sailing around the highlights of Santorini discovering all the hidden volcanic coves.
• Diving, discover the lost Atlantis, Santorini is the place from where the myth started.
• Yoga on board, set sail to find your inner balance.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• FNL award as the Best Restaurant of post modern cuisine in Santorini.
• Nominated as the best restaurant of Santorini for the »Toques d’or’
Number of employees