Schlosshotel Berlin by Patrick Hellmann, Germany
Schlosshotel Berlin by Patrick Hellmann
Preferred Hotels & Resorts
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Stefan Athmann brings more than 25 years of professional experience in the national & international 5-star superior hotel industry.
Start of his career was at the Kempinski Hotel Atlantic Hamburg, followed by positions within InterContinental, Radisson and Regent Hotels & Resorts.
5-star Luxury, LVX Collection Preferred Hotels & Resorts
The Schlosshotel by Patrick Hellmann strives to become the first choice for Berlin’s society and its visitors from all over the world – a gem for those who like to be inspired.
History & Story
The story of this legendary old castle started in 1911, with Walter von Pannwitz, a well-known successful lawyer from Munich and his wife. In 1941, Walter sold the house to the German Reich during WWII. In 1950, the Federal Republic of Germany took possession of the property and a year later restaurateur Wolfgang Gerhus rented the villa and turned it into the Schlosshotel Gerhus. In 2014, Patrick Hellmann, an international Fashion and Interior Designer, bought the Schlosshotel and started reconstruction work.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The Schlosshotel Berlin is set in a 100-year-old palace and as a consequence, each and every room, as well as, the suites are unique and have their own characteristics, reflecting the original architecture yet with its new and classy design by Patrick Hellmann.
Situated in the heart of Berlin’s most exclusive residential area “Grunewald “, only 10 min’s away from downtown, Schlosshotel Berlin by Patrick Hellmann is embedded between historical villas providing an urban sanctuary for guests looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city.
Key sites/activities in the area
The hotel is a verdant island of relaxation in the heart of Berlin, just a few minutes away from forests, lakes, and exclusive boutiques of Kurfürstendamm boulevard.
Shopping, cycling, museum, Opera
In 1914, the most prominent house guest was Emperor Wilhelm II, last German Emperor, and King of Prussia, eldest grandchild of Queen Victoria, and 1st cousin of King George V of England. It was rumoured that he and Catalina (wife of Walter von Pannwitz) had a secret love affair as Walter was often traveling for business
• Number of suites:
3 Junior Suites, 50sqm, garden views,
2 Premium Junior Suites, 50sqm, garden views, designed by Patrick Hellmann
2 Executive Suites, 70sqm, garden views, designed by Patrick Hellmann
1 Library Suite, 95sqm, garden views
1 Suite Karl Lagerfeld, 110sqm, garden views
1 Kaiser Suite, 200sqm, garden views
• Number of Luxury rooms:
16 King Deluxe Room, 30sqm, garden views
7 Grand Deluxe Room, 35 sqm, garden views
13 Premium Rooms, 35sqm, garden views, designed by Patrick Hellmann
7 Premium Plus Rooms, 40sqm, garden views, designed by Patrick Hellmann
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all:
Restaurants & Bars
• Restaurant: Amidst an Italian Renaissance-inspired setting and embark on a Mediterranean culinary journey, newly interpreted by our Chef de Cuisine. Discover an international wine list highlighting the most prestigious wineries in the world.
• The GQ Bar is unique and exquisite in style. Indulge in the classic ambience and cool design, crystal accessories by Lalique and stunning art photography by Russel James and Emmett Simon. Relish the finest drinks and cocktails in a relaxing atmosphere. Our mixologists take great care in crafting their best cocktails to fit your taste, including our signature cocktail, the Manhattan.
• Boasting lavish elegance and style, The Champagne Lounge is a relaxing oasis for indulging in a glass of your favorite champagne. Enjoy the selection of the world’s finest champagnes all in one location. Every Sunday, we offer “OUR” style of Tea Time – Champagne Time with delicious French pastries and savories to choose from at your leisure.
• Recharge with a plunge in the spacious heated indoor pool, unwind in the Jacuzzi, eliminate toxins in the Finnish sauna and indulge with a restoring massage in the comfort of a private treatment room. Additional amenities include a steam bath and a gym with cardio and functional training equipment.
Enjoy drinks and snacks served throughout the day in the spa lounge or step out to the lavish garden. Relax on the lounge chairs while letting the tranquil sounds of nature soothe you into a calm, undisturbed state of mind.
• Fitness room with Technogym equipment
Corporate & Celebration Events
Musikzimmer 50 guests banquet
Garden: 100 Guests cocktail reception
Musiczimmer: During the 19th century, music rooms became popular with the upper classes. Rooms were designed and furnished to enhance the music, support the performer and create an ambiance for the audience.
Enjoy the Italian renaissance style of the Musikzimmer with five large windows giving magnificent views of the garden. This multi-purpose room is ideal for social events and conferences for up to 60 persons. The room also has direct access to the outside terrace.
VESTIBÜL This elegant room is an ideal pre-function area for intimate cocktail receptions, dinners, boardroom meetings or product presentations with direct access to the terrace.
BIBLIOTHEK : Feel the warm atmosphere when you step into the Library boardroom with floor-to-ceiling oak cabinets, a beautiful ceiling painting and an extensive oak table as the centrepiece. It’s the optimal setting for high-end boardroom meetings.
Hofzimmer and Parkzimmer with their contemporary designs are the ideal settings for any boardroom or conference set-up. These meeting rooms can be combined to fit up to 33 persons in theatre-style.
Historical Wintergarden: Enjoy the elegance of the 17th century in the Wintergarten with beautiful arched windows, stunning hand-painted ceiling murals, marble pillars and a striking black and white marble floor. This venue has a style all its own and is a great location for any cocktail reception or seated dinner.
Restaurant: With floor-to-ceiling oak panels that contain a golden touch, this room is reminiscent of the Italian Renaissance times with grand chandeliers. It’s the ideal space to host formal seated dinners for up to 80 persons. Open up the doors to the Wintergarten and extend the capacity to 120 persons.
Garden & Terrace: In the summer, make use of the lavish garden and the terrace, one of Berlin’s most unique and romantic venues for cocktail receptions, wedding celebrations and private parties.
Number of employees